Prey (2006)

If you are even a little bit interested in systems-based games you're doing yourself a real disservice not checking it out.
Yes I don't doubt you're right, but I liked the original Prey, and moreso I liked Tommy; the original hero of the original Prey. I've played a grand total of two games with native american main characters (although in Turok for the N64 it didn't even matter, as there was no plot or story at all, it was just a FPS shooter with dinosaurs in it.) Tommy had a journey associated with him, a story arch. Is there anything that stands out about the hero of new prey, or is it just yet another faceless white guy in a long line of others?

It's not that kinda game really. You learn a bit about the main character's backstory (it's pretty interesting, too, but I don't really wanna spoil it), but he's more of an old school fps type of protagonist like Gordon Freeman. Not so much of the clearly defined and talky Nathan Drake kind of variety. The story isn't set in stone, either. It's very much dictated by your behavior. For what it's worth, he (or she) is Asian. It's an Arcane game afterall, so the Thief DNA is pretty much all over it.

I will just put this video I watched recently. I like what Arkane likes doing and they seem like swell people too.

I would've liked to see Prey 1997. The 2006 game was solid though. One of the two good idtech4 games.

Last edited:
Back