Predict: The Next Generation Console Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was passed along to me that Xbox 3's current main GPU has 12 CUs and is clocked at 800 Mhz. Take that as you will.

Probably true, at 1.2TFLOPS that would fit comfortably into the range that we've expected recently.

Very close to my prediction of 12 CUs @ 850 MHz.

Probably true, at 1.2TFLOPS that would fit comfortably into the range that we've expected recently.

Very close to my prediction of 12 CUs @ 850 MHz.

If you scale 7750 (50% more CUs, same 800 MHz clock), you get 1.228 TF. That doesn't allow for any architecture improvements from GCN2 though.

I'm saying it that way since there are supposedly other components to assist the GPU.

These components are nice, but they're not miracle workers by any means.

A big question remaining is how much better is each of these GCN CUs compared to the ones in Southern Islands. 12 CU at 800 mhz fits in nicely with the 1.2 teraflops figures floating around on the web, and with my prediction that Orbis GPU has 50% more CUs.

So CUs at 800 MHz, exactly the same frequency as Jaguar's L2 (assuming 1.6 core), is it possible the eDRAM is large shared L2? It is the LLC for both Jaguar and GCN and it would make sense for HSA.

Yet another implied 1.2TF from I'm assuming a different source than the others.

So 1.2TF since the very first pastebin leak. Might as well say as far back as the Sep 2010 powerpoint leak of 6-8x then.

And the special sauce will make it go 2TF if you create an FPS game I guess.

At this point, I just hope Sony and MS fully disclose their hardware when they announce the systems, rather than pulling a Nintendo. I don't think Sony ever did publicly cop to downclocking RSX in PS3. :mad:

Yet another implied 1.2TF from I'm assuming a different source than the others.

So 1.2TF since the very first pastebin leak. Might as well say as far back as the Sep 2010 powerpoint leak of 6-8x then.

And the special sauce will make it go 2TF if you create an FPS game I guess.

What does the type of game have to do with flops? :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back