PlayStation Plus.

I've downloaded LBP and sold my bought copy for a tenner, Sam And Max which is out on there today, all the minis and PS1 games and Zen Pinball. (I also bought Infamous but that's unimportant)

While I may not have spent the money on any of them, I have them for free and the value adds up to more than I paid and there are several gamers in this house so they will all get played eventually.

I've downloaded LBP and sold my bought copy for a tenner, Sam And Max which is out on there today, all the minis and PS1 games and Zen Pinball. (I also bought Infamous but that's unimportant)

While I may not have spent the money on any of them, I have them for free and the value adds up to more than I paid and there are several gamers in this house so they will all get played eventually.

I guess it varies then, because I got LBP on disc, I got Infamous on disc, I have already payed for Sam & Max, Warhawk and basically anything else I ever was interested in when it was released. Minis and PS1 are not interesting to me at all, I'd like to get the early demo's and into betas etc, but paying for it does not work for me.

So as obonicus says "It's rather stupid that the premium service doesn't really reward people who already are deeply invested in PSN."

Sony should have made a judgement call and rewarded the top users of the PSN with a automatic premium update.

Thus far, only the free Sam and Max episodes have been worth something for me.
I've already owned all the other free 'big' games, the minis really do not interest me, neither most of the PSOne games (Final Fantasies would be nice though), free themes are nice, but I usually end up using the defaut theme anyway as it's the most classy.
Infamous and other limited full demos son't seem to be my thing, as often the game expires for me before I find the time to play it.
+ has not really been worth the year's subscription yet, hopefully it'll get better.

I haven't seen anything on PSN + uptill now that would make me subscribe to it. Try harder SOny. I had thought that if I get a subscription I would get games like Deathspank free when they release, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I haven't seen anything on PSN + uptill now that would make me subscribe to it. Try harder SOny. I had thought that if I get a subscription I would get games like Deathspank free when they release, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Well, in six months when I get it included with my subscription, I'll think of you :)

Anyway, Plus has changed my spending habits for PSN, and I'm certain it will save me money within the next year, which is all that I care about. Hell, I would have never tried Mushroom Wars were it not for Plus, and I'm totally in love with the game now.

It has the wrong effect on me, which is why I'm trying to drop it asap.

I used to buy interesting titles without hesitation. Now I wait to see if PSN has any discounts.

I tried those games I can get for free in PS+. But because I may have no interest in them to begin with, I don't enjoy them as much even if it's a very good game (like WipeOut).

PS+ may introduce me to a few interesting games I would not have bought, but so far it hasn't happened yet (I already own what I wanted, except for the ones I'm waiting for PS+ to discount).

I think they should improve PS+ packaging soon.

I used to buy interesting titles without hesitation. Now I wait to see if PSN has any discounts.

Which is for me, on the other hand, not such a wrong effect at all. Saves me money. For Sony on the other hand, perhaps the wrong effect. I certainly think it could be good for a number of my colleagues who don't buy very much (or some nothing) from PSN.

Which is for me, on the other hand, not such a wrong effect at all. Saves me money. For Sony on the other hand, perhaps the wrong effect.

:LOL: Yeah, I want to spend on good developers. Sony is messing up the dynamics here. They should get out of the way. From their perspective, they want to encourage more sales, but it ain't happening to me either. ^_^

I never got PS+ because it doesn't really offer any value to me. Not if the first month was any to go by. Maps for old games that you probably can't play because no-one plays the game anymore. Discounts for stuff that could just as easily have been free, like the Sackboy stuff. And mini's I don't care for.

All and all it just old stuff that probably weren't going get much sales from anymore, so they might as well let you have it.

And then there is the potential early beta access. Which doesn't make much sense when you think about it. Beta's have their own needs. Early on you'll want to limit access because all the bugs and gameplay issues would leave a bad impression. After that you'll want to slowly ramp it up, updating the beta, letting more people in each time. It isn't until the game is nearly done that you can let anyone in, where it would make sense the let the PS+ users in. And then all you have is a fancy demo, why keep that away from people who are interested in the game? What they'll probably do is let PS+ users have it a week earlier, and then open it up to everyone. Not worth paying for IMO, certainly not since there a chance you'll be in before the PS+ users. The new MAG beta was open to anyone already owning the game, and now beta codes are being sent out for LBP2 regardless of PS+.

I'm the same way. If I didnt have PS+ I would have bought Joe Danger already. As it is, I'm just waiting for it to get discounted on PS+ which I'm starting to think may not happen for a long time.

Other than wipeout (which I already previously bought) there havent been any really good stuff on PS+. Most of the things I've downloaded are things I wouldnt have paid for in the first place, but I'm trying to get some value with my sub.

I think they're taking the right approach to that. Not everyone needs to be in betas. In fact, I'd say betas, this generation, have lost their 'meaning'. Too many of them are used (and viewed) as demo and promotional product. It's pretty absurd. I'd say the mishandling of betas this gen is probably largely responsible for a lot of buggy games this generation (for the games that did have betas).

The Call of Duty titles is a prime example.

So, just an update here, but both KZ3 and LBP2 will be made available to a number of PSN+ Subscribers, and to top it off, all of the Fallout 3 DLC will be made available for free (for EU folks.

So, just an update here, but both KZ3 and LBP2 will be made available to a number of PSN+ Subscribers, and to top it off, all of the Fallout 3 DLC will be made available for free (for EU folks.
Good news! I've been waiting for the Fallout 3 DLC sale, if it'll be free, the wait has been worth it :) Good to see exclusive betas for big games too. Now give me cloud based storage for game saves and I'll subscibe for another year too.

LBP2 confirmed? I know they are saving 'something' for November which I guessed would be this - but not seen confirmation.

Introducing PlayStation Rewards – A New Way to Earn Exclusive Status and Recognition:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...way-to-earn-exclusive-status-and-recognition/

Today, we’re excited to share news of the launch of PlayStation Rewards, a new program that recognizes and rewards our users for simply doing what they love – playing games and interacting with the entertainment content that PlayStation has to offer. We really wanted to create something that says, “thank you” for being a loyal PlayStation fan.

In its initial launch tomorrow (Oct. 28th), PlayStation Rewards will be an invitation-only beta to all eligible PlayStation Plus and Gamer Advisory Panel (GAP) members. We’re kicking things off as a beta so that we can get feedback from our most loyal fans in order to make it the best possible rewards program it can be. It’s also worth noting that during the beta phase, the program will be focused on PlayStation 3 owners, but we hope to include PSP users as well not too far down the road. Oh, and one more thing: PlayStation Rewards will be free – there is no fee to join!

Right now, rewards include things like…

* Exclusive PSN avatars that display member status in the program

* Exclusive dynamic themes and PlayStation Home content

* Opportunities throughout the program year to participate in members-only sweepstakes and giveaways for experiences and merchandise you won’t find elsewhere (The first of which is an all expenses paid trip to the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, as PlayStation’s guest)

That’s just the start and our plan is to continually grow and improve the reward offering as the program itself evolves. Your feedback in this beta period will help make the program even better!!

Back