Playstation Move Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would much rather they put money into game-production instead of insane advertising campaigns. :)

Well, I think they still need a lot of work to tighten up the user experience first.

Fix small issues in Sports Champions.. i.e. let us export our victory poses out of the game, without having to take the facebook detour.. :)
Don't take time to add online play..

Just make a new game where you combine gladiator duel and archery in a multiplayer big open area, with warhawk-like servers. :) Single move-controller setup, plus navigation controller. Kind of like the PC game called mount and blade.. :) Would be cool.. :)

Yes, improving the game mechanics is very important at this point. I think if they can realize the above concept using 2 Move controllers, it'd be more natural. The navcon breaks the immersion somewhat although I understand it may be a necessary evil for some titles.

and one more…

Under Siege:
http://www.next-gen.biz/features/under-siege-preview

The title in question, Under Siege, is a PSN exclusive, Move-compatible RTS with built-in level editor that certainly looks robust enough

It is clear that the studio has thought hard about how the genre might work without mouse and keyboard, though, supporting both pad and Move. Aside from some fine-tuning that's still to be performed when we play it, managing our modest army with the Move controller feels instantly natural. A twist of the wrist rotates the viewing angle while unit selection works well with the mouse-style movement of the cursor.

The game began its development before Sony revealed Move, however, and the surprising upshot is that Seed has made the game play just as well, if not better, with the faithful old Dualshock. While R.U.S.E. demonstrated that, with imagination and ingenuity, an RTS can work well on console, Under Siege takes a reductive approach which goes further. Here, it’s difficult to imagine why you would need a mouse in the first place.

In fact, it’s possible to play the entirety of the game with just three buttons and an analogue stick.

Level editor video:

EDIT: Which is the game that supports hybrid RTS + first person view ?

* Blokus
* Modern Combat: Domination:
* Dungeon Hunter: Alliance:
These three appear to be iOS ports, a whole new field for PS3. The last title looks fun (fantasy action romp) but the described Move implementation is ghastly! It's like a PC, pointing and clicking where you want your character to go. I despise that detached interface, so will play this game with controller.

And if Under Seige plays that well with the DS (have to read the article to get an idea) then I have less reason to get a Move.

Good. DeadStorm Pirates I had heard about - it's basically lifted from Time Crisis: Razing Storm.

Blokus I haven't a clue, and MC: D looks decent, but I have played Dungeon Hunter on the iPhone, and it's decent. It simulated an analog stick basically for walking around already, but it was convenient to be able to cast spells by selecting and tapping on them. That's the kind of stuff that just works better with Move.

Walking around and hitting things on the other hand may be more convenient to do with a navcon. Will be interesting to see if they also support that combo.

It simulated an analog stick basically for walking around already, but it was convenient to be able to cast spells by selecting and tapping on them. That's the kind of stuff that just works better with Move.

Walking around and hitting things on the other hand may be more convenient to do with a navcon. Will be interesting to see if they also support that combo.
I wouldn't want point and click to select targets for walking or attacking, but for casting spells at specific locations (firestorm type things) Move would be excellent where DS3 wouldn't comfortably provide that sort of targeting. I can see a Move specific implemetation being quite good, but not is they just use it to replace a mouse. If these developers are coming from a PC background, sadly that might be the position they take, although the screenshots show button-mapped spells which is encouraging.

Edit : I was discussing this with a friend, and a gaming cross-genre started shining forth. Someone needs to make a dungeon crawler crossed with Age of Booty with map editor. You'd play characters who'd have to capture enchanted stones or portals or something, and gain upgrades for them, either over time like Booty or as long as you possess them, while spawning monsters try to protect them and take them back. The replay value would be awesome - I still play Booty despite its simplicity!

And if Under Seige plays that well with the DS (have to read the article to get an idea) then I have less reason to get a Move.

That's my thought too. It's the software design that makes Move easy to use. If they design it around DS3, then DS3 will be the better controller.

Inherently, Move will require more work/motion/exercise for all actions. When it clicks, it will immerse the player better. If you don't like the extra movement, it's a hassle (See Heavy Rain).

Edit : I was discussing this with a friend, and a gaming cross-genre started shining forth. Someone needs to make a dungeon crawler crossed with Age of Booty with map editor. You'd play characters who'd have to capture enchanted stones or portals or something, and gain upgrades for them, either over time like Booty or as long as you possess them, while spawning monsters try to protect them and take them back. The replay value would be awesome - I still play Booty despite its simplicity!

Yes, I'm eyeing cross genra, and things people haven't tried before.

Most of what we see so far are still run of the mill (although it may be difficult to implement). Tumble, Beat Sketcher and EyePet sketch recognition are the ones that are memorable to me.

That's my thought too. It's the software design that makes Move easy to use. If they design it around DS3, then DS3 will be the better controller.

Inherently, Move will require more work/motion/exercise for all actions. When it clicks, it will immerse the player better. If you don't like the extra movement, it's a hassle (See Heavy Rain).
Is Heavy Rain a hassle with Move? I thought it looked quite promising, at least as a concept.

It's a matter of personal preference. I disliked it at first because of the extremely confusing UI. I couldn't get out of the first scene (Couldn't get out of the bed !). It clicked better later. I don't have to look at some of the icons to know what to do. e.g., The doors open the same way.

I think Billy Idol prefers DS3.

I suspect it's going to stay that way until they tailor a game for Move specifically (e.g., Gladiator-style brawling with the criminals, quicker action to trigger events, etc.).

EDIT:
In similar vein, I am afraid "SackBoy's Prehistoric Moves" may fall in the same trap. I hope they make an entirely new experience there. If they try to retrofit the DS3 experience there, it may not make a big difference. It's just a guess without data point though.

"No More Heroes" improvements:
http://gamesugar.net/2010/11/08/qa-konami-talks-no-more-heroes-heroes-paradise/

Gamesugar: Compatibility with PlayStation Move makes sense given the original Wii release, but then we really have to ask about whether this release will work with the same type of motion control interaction seen in the Wii version, or if you’re starting with a clean slate so to speak on how Move integration is handled?

Konami: While they do look similar from the outside, the Wii controller and PlayStation Move are actually somewhat different from one another. Essentially, you’ll see the same general control scheme as on the Wii, but with tweaks and fixes to really fit the Move. Keeping the Move controls fun and fluid is something that we see as really important, and we’ll continue to improve throughout development.

Gamesugar: The Japanese release of Heroes’ Paradise was accompanied with some criticisms about loading times and performance issues on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, should fans here have any concerns?

Konami: Our top priority has been load times, and our team has been working hard day and night to modify the inner workings of the game to bring load times down to reasonable levels. I’m actually a bit of a stickler when it comes to load times, so I’m never satisfied, and always looking to lower them further. Since performance and load times are actually quite related issues, optimizing our data has led to much more visible details of Santa Destroy, all streaming in at a much quicker pace. All in all, working on one issue has helped solve the other. Gamers are going to be pleased.

We have seen how Sony tries to add Move to DS3 games. This is the first one (?) for retrofitting Move into a Wii game. Should be more comfortable but we shall see.

We have seen how Sony tries to add Move to DS3 games. This is the first one (?) for retrofitting Move into a Wii game. Should be more comfortable but we shall see.

Aragorn's Quest and Racquet Sports are both ports of a Wii game and in stores already.

Is Heavy Rain a hassle with Move? I thought it looked quite promising, at least as a concept.

It's a complete hassle. Where the motions on the DS3 seemed as intuitive as they could be given the interface, the Move motions left me scratching my head. In addition you need to either have the subcontroller or use the DS3 on your lap.

The GAF Heavy Rain thread has more impressions about the Move integration, starting from this post:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=23472196&postcount=5110

You'll find people in both camps. This is why I mentioned it's a matter of personal preferences, and not a clear indication (yet).

Aragorn's Quest and Racquet Sports are both ports of a Wii game and in stores already.

I see.

I heard Racquet Sports sucks. I remember Virtua Tennis is a Wii port also (Not sure), but they are trying to add running into the game.

Modern Combat: Domination actually sound pretty good. I realy do want a new take on the old counterstike gameplay, sounds like this game is more along them lines. Am fed up with infinate spawn gametypes, single spawn rounds make for much better teamwork and tactical thinking imo.

Think one of the hosts of PSNation podcast spoke about it in this episode, during the what we're playing...

When he were at E3, and similar other events he played with a 'Dualshock and Move' controller, and hated it.. And earlier he said DS3 only were the way to go..
But now when he got it home and played with the Navigation controller and Move, from the beginning of the game, and it's definately the way he prefered to play it, he said..

Think it were this episode:
http://www.psnation.org/2010/11/04/episode-189-two-dollar-segueways/

Dungeon Hunter is a nice n simple game on my Ipod Touch. It is well made and one of the rare games that can stand against PSP titles. But will it be able to stand against the likes DeathSpank----Ummm.....I am not sure. It is too barebones for that.

As for Heavy Rain Move controls. Well, I waited for around 8 months so that they could get Move in, and then I would play the game. Guess what, it turned out it plays better with the sixaxis. But thats my opinion. After playing quite a few scenes with the Move, I have shifted to the sixaxis. I think the problem is not Move, but the fact that the game was made with the sixaxis/ds3 in mind. THey can't change the in-game actions now for Move, so all they did was try to map them as best as possible on the Move so that ur hand movement matches the character movement as much as possible. But there in lies the problem, it is your hand which moves like the character on screen. To me it makes me feel as if I am not that character anymore, but a puppeteer who is picking him up and moving him around. Breaks the immersion for, might not break for others. its a personal thing.

Dungeon Hunter is a nice n simple game on my Ipod Touch. It is well made and one of the rare games that can stand against PSP titles. But will it be able to stand against the likes DeathSpank----Ummm.....I am not sure.
Easily, because it's a different game. DeathSpank isn't an 'action RPG' and so hasn't got a proper loot and level system. The loot is limited, with a uniform progression of armour and weapons, and the levelling is practically non-existent with those cards. A proper dungeon crawler like BGDA that plays smoothly and has local coop (another feature not properly implemented in DeathSpank) is going to have an audience.

Edit: It has to be said, most of what's interesting me gamewise these days is on PSN. Digital Distribution really is here!

As for Heavy Rain Move controls. Well, I waited for around 8 months so that they could get Move in, and then I would play the game. Guess what, it turned out it plays better with the sixaxis. But thats my opinion. After playing quite a few scenes with the Move, I have shifted to the sixaxis. I think the problem is not Move, but the fact that the game was made with the sixaxis/ds3 in mind. THey can't change the in-game actions now for Move, so all they did was try to map them as best as possible on the Move so that ur hand movement matches the character movement as much as possible. But there in lies the problem, it is your hand which moves like the character on screen. To me it makes me feel as if I am not that character anymore, but a puppeteer who is picking him up and moving him around. Breaks the immersion for, might not break for others. its a personal thing.

In fact, I'm finding motion gaming a very personal experience. Beyond shallow gaming, different people seem to like it different ways. Before, it was just button presses and people focused on the game content. Now sometimes people think about how the action should be done (Look at the iWaggle reviews).

Edit: It has to be said, most of what's interesting me gamewise these days is on PSN. Digital Distribution really is here!

And you're not yet on board with motion gaming ;) (five of my last five discs are motion games, four of them Move titles). But yeah, I could have bought most of them online, and many of these have DLC and such. Then again, I don't see GT5's 50GB disc on PSN anytime soon, and that's going to be my next purchase very likely (12 days to go).

And is motion gaming again, as I play it with the wheel, and it has head-tracking support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back