Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

They should have called PS5: PS4 Director's Cut. How come almost every big game is a remake of a PS4 game lol? Demon Souls, Spider-Man MM, Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding ....

It's hilarious that Sony was all about generations in their marketing, but now it's all about remakes and director's cuts.

Any day now they're going to announce a Last of Us 2 remastered. It's pretty hilarious when you think about it.
demon souls is remake of ps3 game that almost nobody played (dark souls 1 was first very popular souls like game) on completly different engine and is one of best looking games on market, miles morales is not remake its new standalone game similar to lost legacy uncharted, ghost of tsushima got free 60fps update on ps5 and directors cut add aditional island of size of first chapter of tsushima, death stranding is only title that you could think is it realy necessary but it cos 10$ if you already buy it. Also many other games got free 60fps patch so this generation is best ever in this terms but people still complain as always ;)

I miss the PS2 and PS1 days to be honest :p
And a little bit of PS3 when remakes were almost nonexistent and the remasters were just extras.
Now remasters, expansions and remakes take a primary seat in the library

They should have called PS5: PS4 Director's Cut. How come almost every big game is a remake of a PS4 game lol? Demon Souls, Spider-Man MM, Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding ....

It's hilarious that Sony was all about generations in their marketing, but now it's all about remakes and director's cuts.

Any day now they're going to announce a Last of Us 2 remastered. It's pretty hilarious when you think about it.
What do you think Mario kart Deluxe on Switch is? It's the best selling game on Switch and is a remaster from the Wii U game. Remasters are actually needed economically for many developers (well not for Nintendo but you get the point).

The problem with this new Sony (since 2019) is naming something ... Director's Cut when it's not a director's cut at all. It's all about marketing and selling, selling, selling at all cost. Ugh.

We believe in remasters, remakes, DLC and indie tech demos preinstalled on the ssd.
Cross-gen just about everything and increased hardware/games pricing aswell as the smallest leap in graphics and tech.

Theres certainly things to complain about.

They have done that for free with no need to charge consumers more money under the guise of remaster or directors cut editions. They started when they've had OneX Enhanced patches and some have Series Optimized patches. It's handled via Smart Delivery, so the consumers get the best edition available on their hardware.

But that's a topic for a different discussion.
Microsoft has in the past, though. Halo CEA and later MCE, Fable Anniversary, Rare Replay and all the individual remakes that were released before it, Gears Ultimate. There's plenty of examples there as recent as the Xbox one, they've just moved away from it recently. This is an industry thing, not specific to one hardware platform or publisher.

I miss the PS2 and PS1 days to be honest :p
And a little bit of PS3 when remakes were almost nonexistent and the remasters were just extras.
Now remasters, expansions and remakes take a primary seat in the library
Sony wasn't doing remasters of old games for their first console, and PS2 was backwards compatible, but there were plenty of other companies doing rereleases of old games on there. Capcom had 2 collections of arcade games plus 2 more with just Street Fighter games and 2 more of just Mega Man, including some PS1 games on there. Midway had 3, and there were collections of SNK, Atari, and Intellivision games on PS2. But it's not like Nintendo wasn't rereleasing their games on new platforms since Super Nintendo. Including on the Gamecube. So that generation didn't miss out rereleases.

demon souls is remake of ps3 game that almost nobody played (dark souls 1 was first very popular souls like game)
It went greatest hits, so they sold at least a million copies to get there, and greatest hits copies are fairly common. It might be the lowest selling Souls game, but it isn't like nobody played it.

It went greatest hits, so they sold at least a million copies to get there, and greatest hits copies are fairly common. It might be the lowest selling Souls game, but it isn't like nobody played it.
ok but hard to call 1 milion players playing it 11 years ago on ps3 as mainstream also ;)

ok but hard to call 1 milion players playing it 11 years ago on ps3 as mainstream also ;)
Some games gain a popularity retrospectively, and to me this would be a good example.

And what about The Last Guardian? That was trapped in development hell but Sony saw the project through.

Swings and roundabouts.

It also looks like Sony won't whitelist, they'll just enable support for everything.
Great news for those who already have a M.2 SSD and are willing to put only the PS4 games in it, for example.

I bought a 2Tb WD 850 and slotted in m PS5. As soon as you restart the PS5 having installed the new drive, it detects the M.2 drive and offers to format it, which takes a few seconds. In the same time it also checks the average read speed of your drive and tells you what it is. For me it reported "6541.3 MB/s" It also tells you "If you experience problems while playing a game installed in M.2 SSD storage, try installing it in console storage".

More importantly, it you get all of capacity to use. The formatting loses virtually nothing. The Storage screen on my PS5 showed (when first installed) capacity 2.0 / 2.01Tb.

It's still not released to the public. I can't see this being delayed in perpetual beta, but it has been an amazingly shocking past two years, so don't count until it crosses the finish line ... :smile:

I registered for the beta Monday morning, by Monday lunchtime I had the code to redeem to enable downloading of the beta firmware.

It doesn't seem that hard to get the functionality if you want it.

Is there any reason to update the WD850 firmware to the latest July fw, if the stick has an older firmware?`
It fixed something for some AMD PC processors if I remember correct, guess it has no effect on PS5.
Just got my 2TB WD850, but I don't have the PS5 beta as my country is not among those included. Hope they extend the beta or release the FW soon :)

Is there any reason to update the WD850 firmware to the latest July fw, if the stick has an older firmware?` It fixed something for some AMD PC processors if I remember correct, guess it has no effect on PS5.
Just got my 2TB WD850, but I don't have the PS5 beta as my country is not among those included. Hope they extend the beta or release the FW soon :)

I had not even considered this. I put the drive straight in the PS5 without checking.

Is there any reason to update the WD850 firmware to the latest July fw, if the stick has an older firmware?`
It fixed something for some AMD PC processors if I remember correct, guess it has no effect on PS5.

Is this time Sony not provide the update file from their website? If they does, you should be able to use the update file from different region.

Or its directly thru PS5 dash? Then people with beta access but has not updated can grab the download url via a proxy. Charles proxy is one of the easiest.

Assuming the update delivery is still similar to ps4 (their games delivery is still the same as PS4, according to people that commented on my P. T. redownload tool that it works for PS5, but no longer work since Sony yanked the permission for launching P. T. server sided)

Got an 1TB 850 for £150 and stuck a £10 passive cooler on it...thanks to deals I got it for £150 all in! :)

Now I just need the firmware update and I'm good to go!!

150+10 = 150 ???

So that was around $208 US (or $222 if 160).

Back