Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

Also, I don’t have an “issue”, thank you very much. I’m FINE.

You seem like your super pissed though. Features will come. 1440p wasnt a priority at launch but will be in the future. As every previous gen features will come after launch as they usually do. Like i said nothing to freak out about

You seem like your super pissed though. Features will come. 1440p wasnt a priority at launch but will be in the future. As every previous gen features will come after launch as they usually do. Like i said nothing to freak out about

It seems like the only one freaking out is you being concerned over what features LondonGeezer would like supported.

Isn’t 4K at 120Hz with variable refresh rate still a very premium experience at this point? Maybe less than 5% of all the gaming demographics?

This. Which in Sony language means they haven’t even started working on it, which means nothing will happen in months or a good year or two. If their “explorations” result in a yes.

and sony has deleted their "user-requested features and features tracking" website used to be known as PlayStation Share (not to be confused with SHARE button). so we don't know when those gonna be "yes","no", or still in "Exploration" limbo.

It seems like the only one freaking out is you being concerned over what features LondonGeezer would like supported.

Eh? I was just responding to the assumption of 1440p and vrr not being supported as of right now being a greedy and nefarious plot for whatever reason. Wanting features is well and good and im sure they will come

I'm freaking out over all the john cusack movie quotes in the other thread

Isn’t 4K at 120Hz with variable refresh rate still a very premium experience at this point? Maybe less than 5% of all the gaming demographics?

Depends on price point. The Vizio Mx 2020 series supports 4k hdr and 60hz with Vrr and start at 50 inch for $380 I believe . The p series supports 4k 120hz vrr 65 inch start at $1200 i believe.

Not sure what you consider a premium experiance. I think $1200 for a 120hz vr tv to be a pretty low price.

I was disappointed that they didn't offer a 40inch M series only the V series which doesn't have variable refresh. 50 inch is way to big as a computer monitor but i could do a 40 inch to replace my 32 inch monoprice 4k hdr 30fps freesysnc monitor.

Hopefully 2021's V series tvs come in 40 inchs with 60fps vrr or they offer a 40 inch m series.

Thats not good, but weird that putting it into rest mode and you have to repair your external drive. I thought SM:Remastered was only on the internal drive when you played on PS5.

Thats not good, but weird that putting it into rest mode and you have to repair your external drive. I thought SM:Remastered was only on the internal drive when you played on PS5.
It is, I think they're saying is that Spider-Man Remastered is crashing the whole PS5 and its the crash that causes the drive repair screen.

This is likely a precautionary measure to ensure that the external drive, which certainly has a less robust filesystem than the internal NVME, is good (i.e. not corrupt). The PS5 cannot assume this because if the PS5 has crashed outright - any filesystem journaling logs would be automatically suspect.

Games crashing the whole console does seem to be one of those launch system woes, and this has been reported on Xbox as well. Expect Microsoft and Sony to be working hard to find the cause and fix them. I was having Assassin's Creed crash my PS3 even in late November 2007 - six months after launch (EU). I think I also had issues with Mass Effect Andromeda on PS4 Pro soon after the Pro's launch.

Back