Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

with respect to Loading times; very interesting especially if times are inconsistent. Would love to figure out the settings to make times consistent. Code doesn’t change, so something is causing times to go off.

Code gets patched and so does firmware. Firmware 8.0 released last month on PS4 eliminated virtually all loading in Until Dawn which has not been patched since 2015.

I've seen a lot of load times on both platforms and nobody is stating which version the OS or which version of the game they are using. How many people are re-installing old, unpatched games on older pre-release firmware? We don't know because almost nobody is proving this info. Until tomorrow/Thursday, all firmware may be pre-release.

Even after decade of Microsoft's experience offering console b/c solutions, some of their pre-release Series X firmware broke b/c games that ran the day before on earlier firmware. NX Gamer showed in his first PS5 video that Astrobot's load times halved (4 seconds down to 2) after an update.

It's madness out there! :runaway:

Included in Elite V2 so no additional purchase required. Its internal like the Sony controller, so you don't have a choice.
Well you said the add on or V2, the add on is £20 and the V2 is £160 so well done for including it?

For many it all depends. Is this a cheap controller? Is this a premium $150-$170 controller? What is the decay capacity rate of the battery? Is the internal battery user servicable?
Never had to replace any internal battery- the add on though, they don’t last as long in my experience.

Sure, I'm not alone where I live in buying up multiple MS Elite V1 controllers instead of the Elite V2 controllers because the batteries are replaceable. While I'd love to have an Elite V2, I'm definitely not buying one until all of my Elite V1s die since the battery in the V2 isn't easily replaceable.

Much cheaper to buy extra Eneloops than it is to replace the controller.

Hell, I just replaced my Oral-B electric toothbrush which had a dead built in battery. I opted for a cheaper model with replaceable batteries rather than get another one with a built in battery. Shrug.

If my old Logitech Harmony remote allowed replacement batteries, I'd still be using it. It was great. Up until the battery couldn't hold a charge for any meaningful period of time. At least with my iPhone 6s it was expensive enough that I paid someone to replace the battery in it...twice. I hate the thought that if it was a cheap phone that I would have ended up throwing it away instead.

I hate throwing away perfectly good electronic items just because the internal battery can no longer hold a meaningful charge.

Regards,
SB
You can open up and replace batteries or sell it on eBay to someone more inclined to do so?

Last edited:
Never had to replace any internal battery...

This is fundamentally the point. I have never needed to change one either. While I'm sure it's happened on very rare occasions for people, it actually isn't a common fault of the controllers and the battery type that's used. I'd hazard a guess that it's more applicable to rechargeable AA batteries.

It's surely beyond coincidence that all of the Xbox folks are the ones complaining about PlayStation controllers.

Wait what? No PS5 games appear in my ps store.. Hmm probably Asia comes late?

The PS5 games are available to preorder on the PlayStation app. I've not checked on the PS4 though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201109-100937_PS App.jpg
    Screenshot_20201109-100937_PS App.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
I hope this is true it will be possible to add to the libary the PS + game without PS5 waiting I can have one when the console will not be sold out.

Its been like that since forever I think.

I added ps plus vita games before I have ps vita, I also added ps plus PS4 games before I have PS4.

That's what I like with PS store. I can put my ps vita totally offline and play pirated games that I bought on PSN. (yes I'm weird).

It seems Horizon Forbidden West and God of War ragnarok are second half of 2021.

schermafbeelding2020-1njgz.png

Back