Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

Yeah it's weird. Definitely more than the latest leaks suggesting space at 712GB

But apparently it was also a test unit and not the final end product. I wonder why they keep posting about it if it's not the final product when will have the embargo out in two days.

But still, how can a console OS become so large? full fledge W10 doesnt even come close.

OMF! The new Playstation Store is horrendous. I can't get to the store now to buy anything and even the PS Plus page is bloddy useless and overbloated now.

I then tried to log a complaint and all I get is hints at issues that doesn't help my problem.

FFS Sony! Get your shit together.

Anyone have a clue as to how I can log a complaint?

Does PlayStation need to buy more games studios?

Read More: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...tation-need-to-buy-more-games-studios-opinion

I don't think Sony needs more studios, or at least not five to ten. One or two would be enough imo. A good buy would be BluePoint Games from Demon's Souls fame. Otherwise they can just grow the current studios and make more games via those studios e.g. Insomniac. The two titles Insomniac is releasing in this next year is outstanding, Spider-man Miles Morales and Rachett and Clank Rift Apart look to be amazing games. Guerrilla Games has Horizon Zero Dawn Forbidden West and apparently are busy with a second secret title.

So yeah, grow Santa Monica Studios, Sucker Punch, Naughty Dog, Bend Studios and any other please.

That is handled before you even consider the size of the drive, or that's how it worked on the PC.
Quick napkin math:
64 GiB * 12 = 768 GiB
768 GiB * 7% (usual reserved space %) = 53.76 GiB
PS5 OS size: 768 GiB - 53.76 GiB = 50.24 GiB

The missing pieces of the puzzle are coming together, so supposedly...

- The reported 664GB SSD size is actually 664GiB because those units were either devkit or test consoles and that's the default unit of those machines (like on PS4). But 664GiB = 712GB for the retail unit. Interestingly that's about 2x more available space than XSS (364GB).
- PS5 quick resume is called switcher.

Interestingly that's about 2x more available space than XSS (364GB).

In Windows OS, they display the label of "GB" but the numbers are really "GiB", but I don't know if this happens on Xbox Consoles.

I wish those ffing deadlines were up already. But thankfully it won’t be long now!

You're assuming an awful lot, like you won't wake up in a time-loop for today. ;)

Does PlayStation need to buy more games studios?

Read More: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...tation-need-to-buy-more-games-studios-opinion

I don't think Sony needs more studios, or at least not five to ten. One or two would be enough imo. A good buy would be BluePoint Games from Demon's Souls fame. Otherwise they can just grow the current studios and make more games via those studios e.g. Insomniac. The two titles Insomniac is releasing in this next year is outstanding, Spider-man Miles Morales and Rachett and Clank Rift Apart look to be amazing games. Guerrilla Games has Horizon Zero Dawn Forbidden West and apparently are busy with a second secret title.

So yeah, grow Santa Monica Studios, Sucker Punch, Naughty Dog, Bend Studios and any other please.

Bluepoint are a quality match for Sony to buy but I think they should also be looking at some smaller studios like Spiders to expand their coverage of genres. And put the rest of their effort into growing their current stock.

What would be amazing if all the studios developed their games in the same 'universe' so that you had one character that you moved between games with.

Back