Phil Harrison to lead MS Game Studios in Europe

Discussion in 'Console Industry' started by Dominik D, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Nesh

Legend

*head explodes*
    Its RahXephon all over again!

2. Dominik D

Regular

Pretty likely. It's Peter who pushed for the Kinect version as far as the rumor goes. :)

3. kagemaru

Veteran

Outside of Peter Moore, Phil has been the only figure head I actually liked. Others like Kaz, Tretton, Reggie, and especially Don have never been able to speak to the public the same way IMO. Of course this doesn't say anything about how well they do their job, I just hope we'll see more of Phil at the E3 press conference and less of Don now. :razz:

Maybe he had signed a non-compete with Sony and was just waiting it out?

I think MS recently dedicated $300 million to core games, so hopefully we see some thing things.

Peter said it himself, that's no rumor. :razz:

4. Arwin

Arwin Now Officially a Top 10 Poster
    Moderator Legend

I wouldn't expect to see Phil at any other press-conference than those in Europe though. Would be pretty weird to see him in a major role at E3 ... but you never know of course.

I personally don't really like anyone all that much at E3. I think it is a dumb idea to have such a presentation be done by CEO/Management types. The best background you could possibly have for these things is be a professional trainer/presenter. ;)

5. patsu

Legend

Why not ? I think MS will parade him in front of the audience due to his great presentation skills and imagination. ^_^

He can certainly put together a concept for next gen games, like what he did in his Game 3.0 speech. Sony doesn't have anyone like that now. Based on Shuhei's tweets (e.g., food, article references/retweets, ...), I just don't think he's the visionary type. Neither is Andrew House, Tretton, Kaz or Jim Ryan.

Plus Phil knows the EU market. MS will want to focus more on EU next gen.

6. -tkf-

Legend

Look who gives respect to Phil..

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-03-13-jenova-chen-we-were-lucky

And the 3 game deal is done with journey, Phil might be looking for a quick deal.. Sony better get the money hats readu

7. Brad Grenz

Brad Grenz Philosopher & Poet
    Veteran

Doubtful thatgamecompany would sign an exclusive deal with Microsoft. They'll go multiplatform or they'll stay with Sony. Xbla's publishing requirements may lead to them self publishing just on PS3 and Steam.

8. Gitaroo

Veteran

In return, would be funny if Sony hire J Allard, think he left MS too after MS banned his concept for the dual screen tablet thing right? Sony still got some great game developers like ND that cares about social networking, think someone asked ND what they want to see for next gen hardwares, they said better social networking or something.