Phil Harrison rumoured to be leaving MS *spawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Phil has been a distinguished leader for our European Xbox team - overseeing production at our award-winning European studios and making a substantial contribution to the Xbox business globally.
So what did the European XBox team accomplish during his tenure?
"I have enjoyed the last three years at Microsoft enormously and it has been a privilege to lead and work along side the incredible talent within Microsoft Studios in Europe, including Rare, Lionhead, Lift, Soho and Press Play
I'm not associating these names with anything significant on XBox ini the past three years. Rare, obviously because they've been relegated to waggle games; Lionhead are taking their time; Soho and Press Play aren't names I recognise at all.

Googlage: Soho == Kinect Sesame Street. Press Play == Max: Curse of the Brotherhood and Kalimba.

Here in europe the xbox one is not on tv, not on banners, any cool game is followed by ps4 logo only even if not an exclusive, and of course only who add a 360 is buying it because playstation is the most recognized brand and is having no competition in the marketing.
someone has really really messed something

In the UK it's rather different. There are a lot of Xbox One adverts, especially now with the new marketing campaign with the new price kicking around. And a lot of the games are advertised as Xbox One games due to the cross-marketing with MS.
It's about focusing their advertising budget where they know they'll get the most out of it.

It's about focusing their advertising budget where they know they'll get the most out of it.

Ok, I understand that Microsoft can't spend in marketing mindlessly, but at the moment almost noone can spend in anything as much as them!
It's an investment to stay relevant not to win the consolewar, and any investment can help in brand recognition and value for others product as the surface.
At the moment I'm on the fence because I really can't use the ps controller without stopping after ten minutes because of thumbs aching, I had a really good experience with the 360, but talking about games and general appeal can't get a real reason to buy one.
It's too much tuned for usa, from voice recognition and service to shootatsomeone games, while ps4 is gaining euro/jap exclusives.
Do you want me to buy your console? Fine, then spend big money to buy back exclusives in multiplatform and put at work your developers for something without guns.
Do you want me not to buy your console? Fin... ehm...

Yeah of course, in fact Microsoft is about to win back Europe
No amount of money and advertising can get somebody to buy something if a competitor's product is more appealing to them. Advertising is not magic.

At present Sony's package is selling more which suggests it has wider appeal. Why? That'll vary between individuals but in addition to base level appeal of each product to an individual Microsoft, like Sony last gen, are fighting their competitor's inertia. For people who prioritise multiplayer and want to play with their friends, inertial can drag you along for the ride.

Advertising isn't going to change this. You could put Xbox adds on 24/7 but few are going to buy something they don't want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back