Overlord *now updated to v2

I played the demo. Looks nice but framerate is very unstable on th eps3 :( Hope they sort that out before the game comes out. Otherwise, though feels funny and fresh, it is a bit too linear. Also, near the last fight with yeti, I accidentally kept sending my minions back into the portal as the lock on system kept locking on to the portal instead of the enemies. I don't think that will get sorted out , though.

The video at the end of the demo got me very interested though :) !

I was a 3 timer. Already have my copy of Overlord II on pre-order :)

Yeah, I really can't wait for this. Overlord is easily in my top 10 games over the past few years.

Overlord actually still looks good on PC. The graphics have aged well.

I'm going to play the snot out of Overlord II is it's anywhere near as good. :)

Regards,
SB

True...but Duncan Jones (Zowie Bowie) is the son of David Bowie...but one is a legendary musician, the other is an up and coming film director. :p

Wanna ask her anything?

Did you ever hear the son of Sting sing though? Carbon copy! :D

I'd like to know:
- how much of her story writing influenced the design of Overlord II, e.g. the build up of the game, which levels and game mechanics come when, etc.
- if she thinks she could and would like to be lead designer for a game, and if she's reading up on that subject or studying it in another way
- if she has any book tips. I haven't read a good book in ages, so lets say ask her the best book she's read in the last 10 years or so. ;)
- if she's played any of the old, truly story driven games like the leisure suit larry or space quest games, one of the first Monkey Islands, etc. If not, recommend her to get something like Broken Sword on DS or try the Monkey Island remake that's coming out soon.

And finally would specifically want to ask you not to mention her father. :D

If I come up with anything else, I'll post here some more, but right now I'm worried I might be too late as it is.

Oh and I played the demo. I think the graphics and sound were fine. The dialogue was definitely very good for a game, but the gameplay, I'm not sold on yet. I'm not sure how good this demo is though - I heard some great things about the overlord as a young kid, that I'm not seeing anything of in the demo? I'll have to read some more reviews.

I'm thinking that I'd love a cross between Overlord and Champions of Norrath!

Funny you should mention about not mentioning her father. A bloke who was in the interview with me asked her how he could contact her; she offered her email address - "It's Rhianna dot Pratchett at..." etc. and he asked "Is that Pratchett spelt like Terry Pratchett?

*shudders!* She was like "Uh...yes." I giggled.

She's a cool lady. Anyway, played all versions and i think you'll be happy to know that the framerate on the PS3 version is fine in the final build. Just compared it to the demo and it's much better. Also the PS3 version was developed from the ground up for Overlord II, unlike the port that was Overlord.

Also, from what I saw there, it looked like the PS3 version was better than the 360 version. BUT I'd put this down to better TV's (Sony's own) on the demo units for PS3, and perhaps component being used for 360 models, and the contrast was way too high. So I would expect they'll be exactly the same.

Some nice textures etc. and the fur looks good, so I'd say they've done pretty well.

Cool! And lol :D

Look forward to reading the interview. I actually thought the demo was fine enough for me already, looked pretty decent. But the gameplay of the demo though didn't sell me on the game at all - the Eurogamer review just came up though, and it got an 8/10 so you'd say the game is pretty decent. I think I'm too old or something. ;)

Cool! And lol :D

Look forward to reading the interview. I actually thought the demo was fine enough for me already, looked pretty decent. But the gameplay of the demo though didn't sell me on the game at all - the Eurogamer review just came up though, and it got an 8/10 so you'd say the game is pretty decent. I think I'm too old or something. ;)

I liked the graphic style, now the deepbrown says the framerate is also fixed for the final build, I like the graphics very much. But , yes, I am also not completely sold on the gameplay, but demos never do justice to any game (mostly!). The game feels very refreshing in the fact that it doesn't take itself seriously, but my worry is that

1) the gameplay might get old pretty soon
2) Although, the world is B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L ! it felt too linear. I could see this whole place but could go only this way :???: !

People who have played Overlord can comment on these, but I haven;t played it!

EDIT: When is the game coming out ?
@deepbrown: Is there variety in areas? or is it all snowy like the demo?

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked the graphic style, now the deepbrown says the framerate is also fixed for the final build, I like the graphics very much. But , yes, I am also not completely sold on the gameplay, but demos never do justice to any game (mostly!). The game feels very refreshing in the fact that it doesn't take itself seriously, but my worry is that

1) the gameplay might get old pretty soon
2) Although, the world is B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L ! it felt too linear. I could see this whole place but could go only this way :???: !

People who have played Overlord can comment on these, but I haven;t played it!

EDIT: When is the game coming out ?
@deepbrown: Is there variety in areas? or is it all snowy like the demo?

Lots of variety - forests etc. Quite a bit of back-tracking, and I tended to get lost (even though there's now a map in this game, you can't seem to make it bigger).

The Jester recites over 50 limericks, all written by Rhianna lol. Also, she named every single minion in the game.

Back