Overlord *now updated to v2

Does anyone know if there's a camera mod for the PC version. God, I hate the camera. That's the only thing preventing me from playing further.

I'm confused about story. I played Raising Hell on PS3 which apparently includes the original, but the story had references to a wizard ((spoiler)
whose body was being used by the ex-overlord
and "people left our guy behind". It felt like I was playing a sequel. Was I missing something?

Pretty decent game though a little repetitive and could use some more emphasis on RTS.

I'm confused about story. I played Raising Hell on PS3 which apparently includes the original, but the story had references to a wizard ((spoiler)
whose body was being used by the ex-overlord
and "people left our guy behind". It felt like I was playing a sequel. Was I missing something?

Pretty decent game though a little repetitive and could use some more emphasis on RTS.
Have you finished the game yet? :???:
You, the wizard and every boss you fought were a party of heroes who went to kill an overlord. The overlord managed to transfer his spirit into the wizard before his body died. And the person left behind dieing in the evil fortress was... the one that woke up without memory in the same fortress at the beginning of the game

Have you finished the game yet? :???:
Yes, and I remember the story (more or less).

My issue is that up until last minute you neither know nor care about those characters, maybe besides "there is a naughty wizard somewhere news", and a couple of people you kill on the way.

It unveils is as if we should be familiar with all those events or characters, otherwise the whole story is basically told in the last encounter. That's what I mean by sequel feeling, because that story telling would only make sense , to me at least, if it was a sequel.

I'm very happy this game is getting a sequel. It had its flaws but it was deliciously funny and was different enough to be a pleasant experience.

I thoroughly enjoyed Overlord. It may never have achieved overall greatness, yet some parts of it were truly inspired (PoP: Sands of Time comes to mind as an apt comparison). If they're making a sequel, I hope they made money on the first one. And I hope they won't muck about throwing out much of was was good about the original while fixing the parts that were broken...

Last edited by a moderator:
The Live demo was okay, it was kinda fun and quirky. Killing baby seals, what's not to like?

I don't know how deep or robust the actual game is, not having played the original. It seems like it would get fairly boring as soon as the uniqueness wears off.

The first one was quite addictive if you go for this sort of game. I know some people that don't usually play action games that replayed the first Overlord 3 or 4 times.

Part of the charm is watching as your little army of imps gets equipped with armor and weapons scrounged from enemies you kill, or chests you break open.

Kill a rat and sometime they'll leave a rat head for them to use as a helmet. Kill a cook and you might get a meat cleaver as a weapon or a cooks hat as a minion helm. etc...

It's a great game with a great sense of humor.

Looking at the last couple teasers for the game though makes me wonder if they've wandered away from the fun and humor a bit though. The graphics look a bit more serious in places and it seems to focus on a pseudo roman nation as the prime enemy.

Either way, hope it's as good as the first was. Hell, I'm playing through the first one again in preparation. That'll make my 7th playthrough. :)

Regards,
SB

How's the framerate on the ps3? I loaded the demo for a few minutes, it was stuttering badly. I was just in the initial section. But it sure felt funny in a refreshing way :D ! I will try the full demo later !

I downloaded this off PSN but haven't tried it yet. My wife loves Terry Pratchett, and it's apparently made in the Netherlands so I can't very well NOT test it. ;)

Back