Will gaming move 100% to the cloud? *spawn

I did not realize there are over 6 billion smartphone users on the planet. That is just insane.

So, we're looking at raytraced nanite 120hz cloud-streamed gem matching games. Got it :)

I did not realize there are over 6 billion smartphone users on the planet. That is just insane.

So, we're looking at raytraced nanite 120hz cloud-streamed gem matching games. Got it :)
lol the best type =P RT reflections, penumbra shadows, RTGI, PBR stones, particle effects inside the gems! the works! 10/10!!

But in a more serious note; hockey mom simulator with enhanced graphics will reign supreme. they can make minor changes to the game and redeploy as Football mom simulator for EU markets.

But in a more serious note; hockey mom simulator with enhanced graphics will reign supreme. they can make minor changes to the game and redeploy as Football mom simulator for EU markets.
Oh god, what an idea. Game loop involves making lunches in the morning, ramming cars out of the way at Starbucks drive through, driving kids to soccer games and fist fighting parents in the stands.

Steam had 120m active users last year, peaked at 27m concurrent users this year
That number is a bit deceptive. The actual number was 7.8 million steam accounts actually playing at once, i.e. the 27 million is including all the accounts that log into steam when windows starts up and running in the background (even though they are actually doing work or browse the web or whatever)

That number is a bit deceptive. The actual number was 7.8 million steam accounts actually playing at once, i.e. the 27 million is including all the accounts that log into steam when windows starts up and running in the background (even though they are actually doing work or browse the web or whatever)

Thanks. That'd be 6.5% of my scappy active users assumption. 13m million cloud 'consoles' to support a Netflix sized customer base of 200m.

Zed explained that was just users logged into Steam. Concurrent players were lower. It was three posts ago, so understand how you missed it. :p

I know, its the accompanying EG article on it i wanted to share. These users might just have logged onto steam, their still active users of the platform and thus potentional games market share ;) Its the same on other platforms, be it playstation consoles, EPIC game store etc, not all users actually play games at the same time.

Edit: and per the topic, it doesnt really matter be it 27 million users or 100 million or more, its still nowhere near the total of 2b.

Back