Opera Users

I'm still having this blinking cursor issue, and its driving me crazy sometimes. I dont know what could be causing it, no other program has ever experience this type of issue for me. It only happens in Opera and there's no way to fix it other than closing the browser.

Great browser, lots of bugs...... sigh.

I have used Opera until a week ago.There I discovered Maxthon.As I see it,this browser has everything,is just as fast as FF and Opera and a few more things.Very low menory too.
But I´ll admit Opera has been a good companion.:cool:

Dave Glue said:
Indeed. I just can't use any other browser after that.
I don't understand this. What for? moving between open pages? or like 'normal' back & forward between pages visited in the same window? because, I love my FF setup [I did try Opera twice] and the buttons of my mouse under my thumb do this for me instantly - don't yours?
With regards selecting from open pages quickly, the 'Showcase' plugin lets me hit F12 to put all open windows as mini windows on the one screen to select one, and it's behaviour is fully customisable too.

Its a useless feature, one that I havent used myself, and it still confuses me when I look at it.

What it does is that lets say you go to the Beyond3D front page, and you go to the forums, a thread, and then to post a reply, but decide you want to go back to the front page, you click instant back and it takes you to the front page without clicking back multiple times. Instant forward would bring you back to the reply area with hitting forward multiple times.

That's a terrible use for it, but that just demostrates how it works.

Well, yeah, you do that in Firefox just by clicking the tiny down arrow next to the back/forward button, which pops up a little list of the titles of webpages recently visited.

He said "instant back/forward" not "fast back/forward". They're different things in Opera.

Well, from the way he described it, it sounded like the difference is just in how many pages it moves. If that's correct, then Firefox has that same functionality, even if it's wrapped a little differently.

Chalnoth said:
Well, from the way he described it, it sounded like the difference is just in how many pages it moves. If that's correct, then Firefox has that same functionality, even if it's wrapped a little differently.
no its different feature. Very useful if one wants to get back and how the page looked like when he was there, not how it looks like now
At least i use the feature for that in a browser-based mmorpg (or whatever the right letter will be :D ) i play(orkfia).

chavvdarrr said:
no its different feature. Very useful if one wants to get back and how the page looked like when he was there, not how it looks like now
At least i use the feature for that in a browser-based mmorpg (or whatever the right letter will be :D ) i play(orkfia).

Yes. Saves me the time to retype a post in messageboards because the forum software decided it wasn't ready for me when I hit submit. :smile:

Chalnoth said:
Huh? The normal back in Firefox preserves form entries....I use that all the time.

Like chavvdarrr's example, this feature does more than preserve form contents.

Well, I guess I'm not yet understanding the added value, other than the possibility of cheating in html-based games :)

Back