Official Nintendo PR thread

Sonic

Veteran
If there is a new article, PR, or interviews regarding Nintendo and the Revolution then post it here. Do not start new threads with just a link to an article and no other reason for discussion. Too many threads are created with PR, articles, hype, and interviews that end up into arguments that do not contribute to the board in a constructive or positive way.

Good idea, how about making them sticky's though, so people can always see them. Otherwise if we don't get any PR for a while they'll drop down the board and new posters won't know they're supposed to post here.

Teasy said:
Good idea, how about making them sticky's though, so people can always see them. Otherwise if we don't get any PR for a while they'll drop down the board and new posters won't know they're supposed to post here.

He's gone to bed. Guess we'll have to bump them till they make them sticky.

Teasy said:
I thought the whole idea was to keep all the PR gibberish in finite threads and then let them drop away into obscurity to be forgotten about :p

strat_ax said:
Nintendo planning to make visual improvements on some of its classic titles. 60FPS for Golden Eye anyone? :)

http://palgn.com.au/article.php?id=2517

I assume they would need some sort of permission/or royalty payments to EA in order to make this happen. The improvements appear to be in the realm of visuals, not frame rate stabilization or enhancement. Too many resources would have to be dedicated to retro-fitting these past games, unless its a far simpler process than I thought.

Na as long as they don't change code or add lvls they are fine . The had pemision to make the game and to use the game for slaes . that permision is still there. They don't have the right to make more though

jvd said:
Na as long as they don't change code or add lvls they are fine . The had pemision to make the game and to use the game for slaes . that permision is still there. They don't have the right to make more though

It would be very nice if Nintendo 64 and GameCube were to be emulated in a way they would run at a perfect/stable framerate, at a higher resolution and with sharper models/textures/... Finally, Perfect Dark 4 multiplayer + 12 bots without 5-15fps gameplay! =)

It's cool if those downloaded retro games can be transferred to and playable on DS too.

Evil_Cloud said:
jvd said:

It would be very nice if Nintendo 64 and GameCube were to be emulated in a way they would run at a perfect/stable framerate, at a higher resolution and with sharper models/textures/... Finally, Perfect Dark 4 multiplayer + 12 bots without 5-15fps gameplay! =)

Well even if the ns5 is only 5x as powerfull as the gamecube that should be more than enough to add 4x fsaa or more and 8x aniso to n64 games . Most likely gamecube games too .

one said:
It's cool if those downloaded retro games can be transferred to and playable on DS too.

GBA2 seems more achievable.

Imagine being able to transfer NES, SNES, N64,... games to GBA2, along with being able to use your GameCube discs AND GB & GBA cartridges.

:)

I just saw this, make your own opinions, but I think that the date is Bull-eye, to go against XB and PS3, a god launch and I think that Sony will not like of their own lauch...

5067632431917387.jpg

fromhttp://www.psinext.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7319

Qroach said:
I thought there was confirmation that nintendo was launching later than this?

Phil Harrison said Nintendo is thinking about mirroring the DS launch schedule which puts Revolution at a Nov US launch. The controller however will be shown by the end of this year.

Back