ny dismisses rumours of PlayStation 3 downgrade : ridiculous!

hey69

i have a monster
Veteran
Speaking to Eurogamer this morning, a Sony spokesperson has dismissed rumours that the PlayStation 3's hardware specs are to be downgraded as "ridiculous".

A report on website Games Radar claimed that Sony was having trouble fitting all the PS3's components within the console case without risk of overheating. The article also suggested that the Cell processor could run at a lower speed than originally stated.

But Sony spokesperson Jonathan Fargher told Eurogamer: "The PS3 downgrade story is categorically not true."

"Developers have been working with PS3 dev kits for anywhere between eight and 12 months, and to suggest that we'd now take the decision to downgrade the hardware at such a late stage, is, well, ridiculous."

"Worse still is the suggestion that we couldn't fit all the technical components into a plastic box," Fargher continued.

"Granted, whilst all products are not perfect, we do have over 40 years of experience making consumer electronics equipment, and therefore, extensive experience in making things fit - PSone and Slimline PS2 being just two examples of that."

Some do. Or to be more precise they wish. And they will do anything to give that impression to everyone.

What in the heck does " categorically not true." mean? That because its the wrong catagory that its not true? Frankly I doubt it'd happen this late that they'd figure they couldnt get every to "fit". You'd know this a bit ago and you probably wouldnt downgrade hardware right now anway, instead you'd rather adjust the case (which needs doing anway, IMO).

Skrying said:
What in the heck does " categorically not true." mean?

Definition from the OED:
categorical
(also categoric)

• adjective unambiguously explicit and direct.

— DERIVATIVES categorically adverb.

...just in case anyone really thought the qualifier was intended to make the answer ambiguous...

Seems like all the lesser websites are trying to gain publicity and hits by posting these unfounded PS3 rumours.
Pretty cheap, if you ask me. I've updated my "ignore list" that previously included just Inquirer, The Register and Spong.

Red Cloak-DeameatGA conspiracy wants to hurt the image of the Playstation 3 without any more reason that pure hate for Sony and Microsoft ******ism. Remember that Red Cloak is a member of the infamous Opa-Ages forum where anything about Sony must be bad or broken, where they say that the people that is waiting for the PS3 cries about the bad news and that they (people waiting for PS3) have no right of making a reply against them.

They are FUDers and Red Cloak is going to say all that DeameatGA says in OA forum.

DeadmeatGA is a mad person, he believes in antijewish nazi crap and all the religious stuff, a person like him must be ignored with his fans.

PD: Sorry for the angry post.

mckmas8808 said:
Did people actually believe this?
I don't think so.
I don't think people actually believe all these things, as much as people don't believe all that's written on the cheap tabloid magazines, but it makes for good topic to post on internet forums, and it generates a good amount of hits on the "news" sites.

It's entertaining. That's why people buy those tabloid magazines that are full of untrue rumours, they want to be entertained by reading these and lament the stories with their friends.
Internet is not that different from real life, really. Sometimes it's hard not to believe it isn't true :D

rabidrabbit said:
I don't think so.
I don't think people actually believe all these things, as much as people don't believe all that's written on the cheap tabloid magazines, but it makes for good topic to post on internet forums, and it generates a good amount of hits on the "news" sites.

It's entertaining. That's why people buy those tabloid magazines that are full of untrue rumours, they want to be entertained by reading these and lament the stories with their friends.
Internet is not that different from real life, really. Sometimes it's hard not to believe it isn't true :D
You'd be surprised how many people came to the store I worked at and asked About it because they actually believe it...
Although I did refer them to check out this site for a more unbiased discussion of the matter...

LunchBox said:
You'd be surprised how many people came to the store I worked at and asked About it because they actually believe it...
Although I did refer them to check out this site for a more unbiased discussion of the matter...

Wow that is sad.

If you asked someone from Sony about rumors of the 2006PS3 being a downgrade from the 2005 E3 PS3, last year, they would've given you the same response......

Wait a few more months and it'll be quite obvious which one is right.

Skrying said:
Which part? The part that they believed it, or the part that we have more of them coming here? :(

Believe me it's both. I wish we can deflect this nonsense news quick as soon as it's posted here at B3D regardless of which company it's about.

RobertR1 said:
If you asked someone from Sony about rumors of the 2006PS3 being a downgrade from the 2005 E3 PS3, last year, they would've given you the same response......
But they are too descriptive, aren't they?
Sony spokesperson said:
"Developers have been working with PS3 dev kits for anywhere between eight and 12 months, and to suggest that we'd now take the decision to downgrade the hardware at such a late stage, is, well, ridiculous."

Back