nVidias Dawn now works on R3x0

Colourless,

is very difficult to remove the SSE code from a demo?

because Ogre demo from nvidia has the same problem than Dawn and i would like to "patch" it too. :rolleyes:

If you know what you are doing, then no, it's not that difficult. If you don't know, or don't have sufficent documentation on what to do, chances are you wouldn't get very far.

To do the patching of dawn I ended up creating a small framework that makes it very easy to do more modifications. Such a thing could be used to patch ogre, but I can't do that.

Althornin said:
If you dont mind me asking, why not?

Since I have a R9700 Pro, I can't run the demo. For Dawn I pretty much just ran it, and whenever I got an invalid instruciton exception I copied the address and created the replacement code. Recompiled the patcher DLL with the changes and restarted Dawn, till the next invalid instruction. Repeat this procedure till the program is running without crashing :)

FWIW, there is nothing wrong with the Tbirds SSE implementation besides that it is nonexistent. SSE support was not introduced until Athlon XP (palomino/morgan core).

Has anyone else noticed since updating to Catalyst 3.7 this demo now fails

with the error message - needs NV_Point_Sprite

They never supported the extension 'officially' although there was a pointer to the function available.
Since they now support ARB_point_sprite (with 1 difference from NV ext), they maybe have removed the NV_point_sprite unofficially supported entry.

That means the warper those guys made needs to be updated.

(Just checked my extension string, the ARB_p_s is not supported yet)

8)

Alrighty, here's what you do:

Find/download 3.6 cats

If they are in an EXE, extract them with winrar etc
(I was lucky and had an install CD with them already extracted)

Find the file "atioglxx.dl_" and copy it to your desktop.
(now I thought I could just rename this file to atioglxx.dll = doesn't work)

extract/expand the file you copied to your desktop:
Start > run > type "cmd" > click ok.

At the prompt type "cd desktop" then hit enter.

Now type "expand atioglxx.dl_ atioglxx.dll" and hit enter.
(this line is correct and works, pay close attention to space after the underscore_)

If you typed correctly, atioglxx.dll will appear on your desktop (it will be 4.42Mb in size!)

Drop that puppy into the C:\Program Files\Nvidia Corporation\Nvidia Demos\Dawn\bin folder and bask in the swee- sweet Dawn goodness !

Thank Angryviking from Rage3d forums for this : )

Is there a wrapper for other nVidia Demos??
I tried to use the Dawn wrapper on Dusk, but I only saw some black something and then the system hang up....

Back