nVidias Dawn now works on R3x0

Mark

aka Ratchet
Regular
... thanks to an OpenGL wrapper sent to Rage3D by some MIT student. Downloads and some screenshots and other info about it here.

Run's awesome on my 9700 Pro. Built in nudity too, but you'll have to figure that one out for yourselfs ;)

it looks and runs great here with r9700pro especially the fairy.exe to quake3.exe renaming ;)

I followed the instructions and just get program error - creating error log.

My system is running under Windows 2000 SP3 with 1 GB RAM, a 9700 PRO, Directx 9.0a, Catalyst 3.4 drivers - all setting to maximum performance - I changed the resolution to 1600 1200 and z to be 16 bit and unzipped OpenGL to the bin directory.

Where's my Dawn dude?

PS

If you set the screen resolution to 16 bit it says it can only be run on a GeForce FX class card - set it back to 32 bit and I only see the program error dialogue after a few seconds.

I will experiment with colour depth next - any idea where the error log file is written or what its called?

g__day said:
I followed the instructions and just get program error - creating error log.

My system is running under Windows 2000 SP3 with 1 GB RAM, a 9700 PRO, Directx 9.0a, Catalyst 3.4 drivers - all setting to maximum performance - I changed the resolution to 1600 1200 and z to be 16 bit and unzipped OpenGL to the bin directory.

Where's my Dawn dude?

PS

If you set the screen resolution to 16 bit it says it can only be run on a GeForce FX class card - set it back to 32 bit and I only see the program error dialogue after a few seconds.

I will experiment with colour depth next - any idea where the error log file is written or what its called?
We were having some problems runnig 6x and 4x AA @ 1600x1200 resolution, it'd start up then about a second later crash. Not sure if that's what you are running or not.

And before someone asks, no the other demos don't work. I don't have a clue if that guy is planning on getting them to work, but I guess I could ask and see (I don't know him - friend of a friend, etc).

Can't run them here either. Just get the generic microsoft "dawn has encountered a problem and needs to close". 9700pro with cat 3.4's on xp with sp1 using dx9.0a. Tried changing my refresh rate all the ogl settings in the ati control panel. I'm redownloading Dawn, if that doesn't work I'll reinstall drivers.

OKay

Plain and simple I want to see screenshots of this demo done on ATI and nv hardware with all different types of drivers on both sides. I want to see IQ comparisions and know what is really good ;)

RIGHT NOW :devilish:

PS Dave can you please make this happen?

Re: OKay

CDAZ said:
Plain and simple I want to see screenshots of this demo done on ATI and nv hardware with all different types of drivers on both sides. I want to see IQ comparisions and know what is really good ;)

RIGHT NOW :devilish:

PS Dave can you please make this happen?

Dave doesn't create miracles. :)

Further I tried turning Fastwrites off and Set Driver settings for several combinations of performance settings - all with no joy.

Any idea where this error log file is anyone or what may be going wrong - I get the splash screen saving starting/loading fairy demo - then 3-5 seconds later program error screen.

g__day said:
Further I tried turning Fastwrites off and Set Driver settings for several combinations of performance settings - all with no joy.

Any idea where this error log file is anyone or what may be going wrong - I get the splash screen saving starting/loading fairy demo - then 3-5 seconds later program error screen.

As a suggestion, do a find file from c: (etc) for *.log and sort by date.

Thanks - no joy - no .log files created in the last hour or so apparently - maybe an issue with ASUS A7V133 m/b perhaps?

So far in Australia on two web sites 7 success 3 failures, form 9500 -> 9700 PRO cards.

Well...she's with me now! Running great at default(1024x768) with 6X FSAA & 16AF on my 9800 at 450/380... will try other resolutions in a bit.... Very impressive. In fact...she kind of scares me when she's angry! :oops:

Which brings up a salient point here...just when are we - if ever - going to get a true idea of just how the 9800/NV35 really compare?

Runs fine here. Performance is excellent, even with 6xFSAA and 16xAF. The hair is a little messed up and some of the lighting seems a bit off.

dawn.jpg

Can't complain overall though. ;)

(using 97P w/9800 Cat 3.2 hack)

MuFu.

martrox said:
EXPLOITATION!!!!!!!....... :rolleyes: :LOL:

EDIT:BTW, the :rolleyes: is there just to look up.........

LOL. Yah, sorry I wanted to just show the hair problem but my "crop" button isn't working. :LOL:

I'll try the 3.4s.

MuFu.

It runs 15% faster than NV30 on the 9800pro, and it also runs faster than NV35 (we are unable to personally confirm this but a user with both cards and FRAPS could).

I'm not sure that sentence makes sense. Shouldn't the NV35 be almost twice as fast as the NV30 at running 2.0 shaders, which I assume Dawn is? If the 9800pro is 15% faster than the NV30 (and thats a big "IF"), then wouldn't the NV35 be a lot faster than the 9800pro?

Back