A new benchmarking tool...

This looks very cool- one could modify this into a FRAPS-like program fairly easy, and get fast framerates at any resolution :)

Would be great if there was an on/off key so you don't waste HDD space on things you don't want.

I ran a small test with UT2004. I could only play it back with bufstream precaching turned off (it crashes 3sec into playing otherwise). I have 1.5GiB of ram so the 778MiB size isn't the problem.

While playing back it got the first 3sec right (the same 3sec that got played with bufstream precaching on) but everything after that got worse and worse, up to where there were just a bunch of lines and polygons splayed across the screen. No error files were created.

Colourless said:
Hyp-X said:
Colourless said:
Just a note it will ONLY work under WindowsXP with Direct3D8 and Direct3D9 apps.

What are the chances you make it work with Win2000?

I can do it. I'm just using a few WinXP specific function calls in a few places. I can work around it though.

I'd like to vote for a Windows 2000 version as well

great job ;-)

Edit: I just noticed the windows 2000 version, thanks!

3DMark2001: Seems to work fine. Scroll Lock key stops functioning though if you attempt to use it in more then on test.

DWORD:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DirectInput\Emulation

Setting this key to 0x18 disables applications from getting exlusive keyboard control. Zero is default. This has solved similar problems for me earlier.

Hyp-X said:
86: lpD3DDev9_2->Unknown command (filepos 0x27865)

It crashes both the player and ComStreamDump on playback.

Similar thing here but different. Last output before crash...

51: lpD3DDev9_2->EvictManagedResources( )
Unknown command (filepos 0x4CAB8)

DeanoC said:
Hyp-X said:
86: lpD3DDev9_2->Unknown command (filepos 0x27865)

It crashes both the player and ComStreamDump on playback.

Similar thing here but different. Last output before crash...

51: lpD3DDev9_2->EvictManagedResources( )
Unknown command (filepos 0x4CAB8)

Uh, stupid problem there. Thanks for the information.

Back