Nvidia shows signs in [2023]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The % of GeForce Experience users with that range of GPUs who enable the features in games.
Yes but also no. The part we don't know is whether they measured people who have enabled the feature(s) even once, have always on or what. Those details make worlds of a difference in same numbers.

Yes but also no. The part we don't know is whether they measured people who have enabled the feature(s) even once, have always on or what. Those details make worlds of a difference in same numbers.

Probably once. I doubt they're using any fancy statistics to determine what counts as "on".

Yeah, I wonder if they'd count someone like me who would turn it on once after the game is installed to see what it looks like in game and then turn it off so that I could actually play the game.

Regards,
SB

It could be a point in time sample if GeForce Experience records the currently configured settings in any game.

I find it extremely unlikely that only 37% of people with a 2xxx have ever even tried RT. I mean, you would try it at least once just to see how it looked and/or performed even if you turn it off after that. So to me it makes more sense if this is reporting the currently configured settings on the users device across all of their games at any given time. And if RT is currently configured as on, odds are that's how the user is playing the game on a regular basis.

Timeframe is February 2023 according to small print, but it doesn't tell if it's turned on once, always on or what during that month

Timeframe is February 2023 according to small print, but it doesn't tell if it's turned on once, always on or what during that month
If it's just a month then it seems reasonable that it is if it was turned on at least once.

They have clarified their stats in a blog post. It's a continuous tracking statistic, it tracks continuous usage on a yearly basis.

2018: RTX 20: 37% RT/ 26% DLSS
2023: RTX 20: 43% RT/ 68% DLSS

back in 2018, 37% of RTX 20 Series gamers embraced ray tracing, and 26% turned on DLSS
Today, 83% of GeForce RTX 40 Series desktop gamers with RTX-capable games enable ray tracing, and 79% turn on DLSS, .. RTX 30 Series and 20 Series owners; 56% and 43% turn on ray tracing, while 71% and 68% turn on DLSS, respectively.

They have clarified their stats in a blog post. It's a continuous tracking statistic, it tracks continuous usage on a yearly basis.

2018: RTX 20: 37% RT/ 26% DLSS
2023: RTX 20: 43% RT/ 68% DLSS

They really don't, that blog is the original source for the numbers and has had same data all the time.
It's not continuous, those "2023" numbers are February 2023 only and nowhere do they mention if turning RT/DLSS on once during that time period is enough, or does it have to be all the time, or something in between.

Only thing they're really telling is that in February 2023 x% users have at least tried RT/DLSS. Anything beyond that is guesswork.

The bigger problem with their numbers are those 2018 ones, which casts serious doubts on the whole thing - no games supported DLSS in 2018, how could 26 % of users enable (even just to try or otherwise) a feature that didn't exist? BFV was the only RT game in 2018 and it got DLSS in February 2019, same time as DLSS 1.0 was officially released

no games supported DLSS in 2018
Final Fantasy XV benchmark supported DLSS in 2018, Justice (a chinese MMO) also got DLSS in 2018. this actually explains why the number for DLSS is so low (26%) in 2018, compared to now, only two games featured it back then.

Only thing they're really telling is that in February 2023 x% users have at least tried RT/DLSS. Anything beyond that is guesswork.
Disagree vehemently, they are tracking at least on a yearly basis (if not monthly), there is no way in hell that is a tracking of "try it once then shut it down later", the number wouldn't increase each year, as those who tried it once then turned off will most likely never turn it on again.

Final Fantasy XV benchmark supported DLSS in 2018, Justice (a chinese MMO) also got DLSS in 2018. this actually explains why the number for DLSS is so low (26%) in 2018, compared to now, only two games featured it back then.

Disagree vehemently, they are tracking at least on a yearly basis (if not monthly), there is no way in hell that is a tracking of "try it once then shut it down later", the number wouldn't increase each year, as those who tried it once then turned off will most likely never turn it on again.
Looks like you're right on the FFXV, but can't seem to find confirmation for Justice. I know it was one of the earliest ones, but at least 20th November it was still "coming soon", not out.

There's nothing to disagree, NVIDIA outright state the numbers are from Feb 2023.
They also didn't release any numbers "per year" they released numbers from Feb 2023 for each series and the couple months of 2018 for 20-series for "comparison point".

In a recent Twitter Spaces interview, Musk was asked about a report claiming that Twitter had procured approximately 10,000 of Nvidia compute GPUs. Musk acknowledged this stating that everyone, including Tesla and Twitter, are buying GPUs for compute and AI these days.

In a recent Twitter Spaces interview, Musk was asked about a report claiming that Twitter had procured approximately 10,000 of Nvidia compute GPUs. Musk acknowledged this stating that everyone, including Tesla and Twitter, are buying GPUs for compute and AI these days.

Wonder why they don't build more Dojo supercomputer.

Hmm, come to think of it.. what would be the worst purpose, GPUs being used to build an AI raised by Elon Musk or crypto mining? :unsure:
Excuse me sir, do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior ChaosGPT?
We already have AutoGPT based bot with mission to destroy humanity with access to internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back