nVidia release new all singing all dancing dets.

O.k:

11400 with these drivers and 10060 with 30.82

The aniso is a bug in the chip, not drivers - 611.2 M/texels with Multitexture and without

Nature score 70+ fps (sometimes above 100!!)

SS:SE had pretty much the same performance. Q3A same.
UT: pretty sure I got 25fps higher fps in the thunder-demo (seems strange).

Have some problems with refreshratefix programs with these drivers.

me gonna download tonight and see if they fixed the texture aliasing in GP4 :)

going to run some benchmakrs for you guys later on however i got to warn you that i have NO frame of reference except the 28.32 drivers and i am not willing to download and install the 30.xx drivers

Mephisto said:
The best part of the press release is this one:

[...]

Free of charge, and available for download today at http://www.nvidia.com/drivers, the new Detonator 40 driver features:

[...]

Wow, do you believe it, I get free (!!) drivers for my 400USD video card. Thank you so much.

I guess I will have to upgrade my OS :( BTW How much does XP cost? Prolly have to upgrade my processor too ... oh because my MOBO is at its limits I would have to upgrade that as well ..... along with some new ram. Hrm prolly have to upgrade my powersupply as well. Hopefully my hardware is supported by XP... I hate to say this but this would be an expensive "free" driver download for me. Just sayin.

Two things:
1. RefreshrateTool doesnt work anymore, but ReForce works.
2. The new systemtray-tool is somewhat better.

misae said:
lol@sabastian :LOL:

Are you laughing @ my misery? :-? Seriously though I would have to upgrade my whole system. I got all excited thinking gesh my Geforce DDR hasn't seen anything in the way of 25% performance increase for a couple of years. Clicked through their little driver helper thingy and found the DET 30s in wait for me. Needless to say I was a tad disapointed.

What peformance increase are you talking about, (talking real world tests) as synthetic benchmarks mean little...I don't even want to talk about the onionmark (you know onions like to make you cry). :LOL:

Whos knows its nvidia! Remember Nvidia can pull things out of there sleeve! Espically faster drivers! Way to go nvidia. I was getting up to 49 fps to 50 fps with 30.82 drivers now i get with 40.41 drivers up to 100 fps!! Thats double the speed in nature test on 3dmark2001SE! This is some insane speed. I only am on pc133 sdram too i bet people with ddr ram are getting like 120 to 125 fps in nature maybe. Or at least up to 115 fps i would think. My 3dmark2001SE score also increased a good 1000 points!!! Way to go Nvidia!!!! Nvidia please release another driver release next week just like this again to increase the performence more on our nvidia video cards!! BTW i am on a Leadtek GF4 ti 4400 my vivo edition retail video card and it has been overclocked to 300/650 for 2 months now! I know going to DDR ram and a new mobo when i can will make my nature scores for sure go higher than 100 fps up to.

Doomtrooper said:
What peformance increase are you talking about, (talking real world tests) as synthetic benchmarks mean little...I don't even want to talk about the onionmark (you know onions like to make you cry). :LOL:

:LOL:
Fair enough - However I got the impression these increased real world performacne significantly as well. I'm still waiting for mine to download here but if the 25% performance increase figures are true it really is impressive.

I've heard rumours about disabled TU's particularly with Aniso enabled. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

imtim83 said:
Whos knows its nvidia! Remember Nvidia can pull things out of there sleeve! Espically faster drivers! Way to go nvidia. I was getting up to 49 fps to 50 fps with 30.82 drivers now i get with 40.41 drivers up to 100 fps!! Thats double the speed in nature test on 3dmark2001SE! This is some insane speed. I only am on pc133 sdram too i bet people with ddr ram are getting like 120 to 125 fps in nature maybe. Or at least up to 115 fps i would think. My 3dmark2001SE score also increased a good 1000 points!!! Way to go Nvidia!!!! Nvidia please release another driver release next week just like this again to increase the performence more on our nvidia video cards!! BTW i am on a Leadtek GF4 ti 4400 my vivo edition retail video card and it has been overclocked to 300/650 for 2 months now! I know going to DDR ram and a new mobo when i can will make my nature scores for sure go higher than 100 fps up to.

So you consider Nvidia deliberately witholding performance from us for 6 months to be a good thing?

Doomtrooper:

I agree, fair enough.

Although I haven't had the chance to check any games yet, but in 3DMark 2K1SE, the fps drop with aniso 8 is nearly twice smaller than with 30.82!

AF isn't actually any better with these drivers - fill rate is still goosed and the drop in performance using AF is about the same. It's just that with some benchmarks you start off with a larger amount of headroom to begin with:

fillresults3.gif

gameresults2.gif

Neeyik - the scores are very weird... what Video Card do u have? The perfomance drop with 8 aniso for me was more than twice less than with 30.82!
Fillrate is goosed like I wrote above, that's a hardware bug, not a software.

Back