nVidia release new all singing all dancing dets.

BoardBonobo

My hat is white(ish)!
Veteran
I know this isn't really a hot topic but on the download page blurb they have stated:

Up to a 25% increase in performance

How?

And the site has had an overhaul, the last time that happend was with the GF4 release.

Can someone take a screen capture of the control panels ?? Maybe some benchmark comparisons on:

MOHAA
Jedi Knight
Serious Sam

etc....??

Great news for Nvidia card owners with Anisotropic filtering options in the control panel.

The best part of the press release is this one:

[...]

Free of charge, and available for download today at http://www.nvidia.com/drivers, the new Detonator 40 driver features:

[...]

Wow, do you believe it, I get free (!!) drivers for my 400USD video card. Thank you so much.

Doomtrooper said:
Can someone take a screen capture of the control panels ?? Maybe some benchmark comparisons on:

MOHAA
Jedi Knight
Serious Sam

etc....??

Great news for Nvidia card owners with Anisotropic filtering options in the control panel.

Thx m8! :D

Guys, the control panel is completely different!!!!

That same leaked pic of the drivers released months ago was representing this version! :D

eek3.gif

omg I just went from 45-65 in the Nature-test. wtf did they do with these drivers?

(I'll test some other games).

Can we have some screenies of the cp and some aniso shots. Maybe these dets have adaptive aniso similar to the 8500s. But a 20fps jump in the nature benchmark is pretty impressive in itself.

Doomtrooper said:
This is off topic, but I'd just like to mention how happy I am that the R9700 has been successfully released. Formerly anxious and defensive ATI fans are now relaxed and fairly confident, and it is pro-NVIDIA goofballs' turn to respond irrationally.

Change is good. :)

Galilee

was that with or with out the splash screens :D :D :D :D :D

Ok sorry that was a bad cheap shot on my part. Sorry sorry sorry. But its kind of funny, no?

I downloaded that NV30 Emulator, compiled one of the NV30 effects in CG Toolkit 2 and ran it... god, that's slow!!!

About aniso:
bah sorry
forget that, I tested with compression
damn aniso is much faster with compression

same performance...

Back