NVIDIA GF100 & Friends speculation

Also i thought ati does 3d vision ?

Not natively in the drivers. It must be provided through 3rd parties. Upcoming drivers will add "hooks" that all facillitate this, but it'll still have to be provided by 3rd parties.

3D stereoscopic vision hasn't been on my "looking forward to" list since the late 90's early 2000's when I spent a few grand on various systems. Ultimately it was all wasted money. But it did show that even when it works well, there's some serious drawbacks. And new systems (past couple years) haven't done anything to change my mind.

Until there is no need for head mounted gear, it just isn't something I'm interested in.

Regards,
SB

Miss leading chart considering that geforces don't even do multimonter gaming let alone 3d multimonitor gming.

If your products don't walk, make your marketing talk.

This is part of the "February" offense, there are still a few months to go before nvpr reaches overdrive.

This is part of the "February" offense, there are still a few months to go before nvpr reaches overdrive.

so do 3 check marks mean its 3 times faster than the 5800 series at tesselation ? hehe:oops:

Starting to remind me of X1800 XT versus 7800 GTX with 7900 launching soon after X1800 XT. Would have been competitive if it had launched when it was supposed to (Win7 launch), but compared to a refresh product, may or may not look good. Over 6 months (Sept. 10 -> Mar. 26) after the competition, even X1800 XT wasn't that late.

That Guru3D editorial was interesting.

Regards,
SB

You may want to remember those times better. The 7900 GTX was released AFTER the launch of the X1900 XTX (R580). The 7800 GTX 512 was the one that was launched soon after the X1800 XT, to spoil the already late launch of R520.

R520 wasn't that late (3 months), but R600 was released 7 months after G80.

That is a possibility, but bear in mind that there is a completely different motivation here: their products are late.

With the G80, for instance, it was in their best interests to keep the architecture completely and utterly secret until launch, because otherwise they would only serve to cut into their own sales as consumers held off buying cards.

But this time, by announcing early, they're hoping to cut into ATI's sales instead.

Now, I'm not saying that it's entirely unwarranted to think that the products may well not be that great, but all performance indications so far have been rather good. So we can be pretty sure it won't be a complete flop, at least.

I know I don't have to read it, but this thread is like a car accident on the highway that you can help but look at... :)

Meh. Hitler rants are only good when he sounds as disappointed supporter. The message of the meme is supposed to be "I was loyal fan, and they shafted me", not "LOL you failed, losers".

one of my biggest laughes with a Hitler prank, in the middle of a ranting about those who betrayed him on a policy issue he says : "I reformed healthcare!"

You may want to remember those times better. The 7900 GTX was released AFTER the launch of the X1900 XTX (R580). The 7800 GTX 512 was the one that was launched soon after the X1800 XT, to spoil the already late launch of R520.

Yes yes, I got my date from R520 -> G71 really wrong. :oops: But you also got your dates a bit wrong. ;)

But I don't think Fermi is going to be quite the disaster that R600 compared to G80 was. Recent rumors paint it more similar to R520 (after 3 months of driver updates) compared to G70. Performance being fairly close, but launching so much later, with additional time to get the driver up to speed, basically lost all momentum to Nvidia.

Regards,
SB

The R520 was expected for May 2005. ;)

06204325.jpg

:runaway:

Used car salesman aspire to be marketing people, I swear.

Back