Nvidia Geforce Drivers Release Announcement thread

By similar I mean allows you to improve image quality over native.
DLAA is what was announced as DLSS 2x and is basically DLTAA.
DLDSR is a downsampling option which means that the rendering there happens in higher than native resolution and then a ML assisted downscaling "filter" is used to provide final result.
You can combine them both if you want to: enable DLAA and DLDSR. Will probably be an overkill but in some older games it may even result in playable framerates.
You can similarly combine DLSS and DLDSR or even just DSR - I've been playing some games on a 1080p TV this way, running them in 4K DSR in DLSS Performance (so rendering in 1080p, upscaling with DLSS to 4K and then downscaling back to 1080p with DSR).

You can similarly combine DLSS and DLDSR or even just DSR - I've been playing some games on a 1080p TV this way, running them in 4K DSR in DLSS Performance (so rendering in 1080p, upscaling with DLSS to 4K and then downscaling back to 1080p with DSR).

Yeah I've done that myself in a few titles. It can work pretty well and is miles better than native.

While the default DLSS network settings provide state-of-the-art image quality, you can choose from a variety of other presets. These presets (listed below) adjust how DLSS handles different scaling ratios and game content.
  • Preset A: Intended for Performance/Balanced/Quality modes. An older variant best suited to combat ghosting for elements with missing inputs, such as motion vectors.
  • Preset B: Intended for Ultra Performance mode. Similar to Preset A but for Ultra Performance mode.
  • Preset C: Intended for Performance/Balanced/Quality modes. Generally favors current frame information; well suited for fast-paced game content.
  • Preset D: Default preset for Performance/Balanced/Quality modes; generally favors image stability.
  • Preset E: A development model that is not currently used.
  • Preset F: Default preset for Ultra Performance and DLAA modes.

After playing with the dev DLSS 3.1.1 dll and dlssTweaks injecter, I think preset F is my favorite now (for any DLSS/DLAA quality setting).

It has the least ghosting and best edge smoothness. It is a little less sharp than Preset D when standing still, but preset F has less crawlies (jagged edges) in movement.

After also forceing DLAA in lots of titles. I still prefur DLSS + DLDSR, as this has the best in motion clarity for textures (especially for God of War and Control that really blur in movement when not using DLDSR).

DLAA + DLDSR looks great but really gives the 4090 a workout!

Really nice to to see Control using DLSS 3.1.1 and preset F working well. I tried just about every DLSS dll (before 3.1.1) and it never quite worked correctly in Control.

GeForce 531.18 WHQL Game Ready Driver

Version: 531.18 WHQL
Release Date: 2023.2.28
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 11
Language: English (UK)
File Size: 855.68 MB

Game Ready
This new Game Ready Driver provides the best gaming experience for the latest new titles supporting NVIDIA DLSS 3 technology including Atomic Heart and the closed Beta of THE FINALS.

Gaming Technology
Introduces support for RTX Video Super Resolution

Software Module Versions

 HD Audio Driver — 1.3.40.14
 NVIDIA PhysX System Software — 9.21.0713
 GeForce Experience — 3.27.0.112
 CUDA — 12.1
 DCH NVIDIA Control Panel — 8.1.963.0

Fixed Issues in this Release

[Steam version] Forza Horizon 4 may freeze after 15-30 minutes of gameplay [3866530]
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 occasional stability issues [3934963]
Enable Dead Space Resizable Bar profile [3954048]
Adobe After Effects / Media Encoder - issues with ProRes RAW files [3957455] [3957469]
Adobe Premiere Pro application instability [3940086]

Open Issues

Windows 10/11 Issues
Toggling HDR on and off in-game causes game stability issues when non-native resolution is used. [3624030]
Monitor may briefly flicker on waking from display sleep if DSR/DLDSR is enabled. [3592260]
[Halo Wars 2] In-game foliage is larger than normal and displays constant flickering [3888343]
[GeForce RTX 4090] Watch Dogs 2 may display flickering when staring at the sky [3858016]
Increase in DPC latency observed in Latencymon [3952556]

Game Ready Driver Release Notes (v531.18)
Download

Not sure where the best place to post this is now, but someone's already implemented a way to get RTX Super Resolution working for Media Player Classic -

Interesting... I've just tried it and it's much less impactful that I'd expected. So much so that I didn't even think it was working until I cross checked task manager and saw Edge GPU usage flipped from about 3% to about 50% when I turned it on and off in NVCP. I think I can see some difference on 1080p content but very little. My main test case was the latest DF Direct.

I also tried some older sub 1080p YT videos expecting them to be properly sharpened up but they still looked like blurry messes. Not impressed with this at all I'm afraid. And it makes my GPU throttle up like a rocket so I'm leaving it turned off.

Interesting... I've just tried it and it's much less impactful that I'd expected. So much so that I didn't even think it was working until I cross checked task manager and saw Edge GPU usage flipped from about 3% to about 50% when I turned it on and off in NVCP. I think I can see some difference on 1080p content but very little. My main test case was the latest DF Direct.

I also tried some older sub 1080p YT videos expecting them to be properly sharpened up but they still looked like blurry messes. Not impressed with this at all I'm afraid. And it makes my GPU throttle up like a rocket so I'm leaving it turned off.
It's helpful in low res animes.

According to some posts it's easier on the GPU if you go fullscreen

I tried out the RTX video thing and it didn't seem to help at all. I tried watching some lower bitrate content and it just looked like it had weird smoothing artifacts on people's faces instead of cleaning up the image. On reasonably clean youtube 1080p content I couldn't really tell a difference that was meaningful. Not worth the huge increase in power consumption, having fans ramp up etc. I'm on a 1440p monitor, so maybe it's just more relevant for 4k displays.

GeForce hotfix display driver version 531.26 is based on our latest Game Ready Driver 531.18.

This hotfix addresses the following issues:
  • Higher CPU usage from NVIDIA Container might be observed after exiting a game [4007208]
  • [Notebook] Random bugcheck may be observed on certain laptops with GeForce GTX 10/MX250/350 series GPUs [4008527]

Click here to download the GeForce hotfix display driver for Windows 10 x64/ Windows 11 x64

GeForce hotfix display driver version 531.26 is based on our latest Game Ready Driver 531.18.

This hotfix addresses the following issues:
  • Higher CPU usage from NVIDIA Container might be observed after exiting a game [4007208]
  • [Notebook] Random bugcheck may be observed on certain laptops with GeForce GTX 10/MX250/350 series GPUs [4008527]

Click here to download the GeForce hotfix display driver for Windows 10 x64/ Windows 11 x64

I have just fallen afoul of this. Installing the hotfix now.

Back