Nvidia Geforce Drivers Release Announcement thread

Time for Kepler came already last October, Release 490 dropped it

Yeah, havent updated any drivers for the 680 machine for along time. Seems it doesnt really need it for the games that it runs anyway. Kinda use-less to say update for CP2077 when it has no chance of running it decently anyway.

Geforce 472.98 WHQL - Kepler Series Security driver update
January 31, 2022

Last driver for Kepler GPU was Geforce 472.12 issued in Sept. 2021. A new driver (version 472.98) with security updates was released Jan. 31, 2022. While the driver package includes the older PhysX driver, the latest PhysX version (9.21.0713) will work with Kepler if you chose to download and install.

Version: 472.98 WHQL
Release Date: 2022.1.31
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 11
Language: English (US)
File Size: 685.49 MB

Software Module Versions

- HD Audio Driver - 1.3.38.60
- NVIDIA PhysX System Software - 9.19.0218
- GeForce Experience - 3.24.0.126
- CUDA - 11.4
- DCH NVIDIA Control Panel - 8.1.961.0

Game Ready Driver Release Notes (v472.98)

GeForce Security Update Driver | 472.98 | Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 11 | NVIDIA
Also 473.04 for Win7/8/8.1
https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/186161/en-us

Software module versions match those of 472.98

As someone who has never used Geforce experience can someone explain freestyle filters
"[DirectX 12]: GeForce Experience Freestyle filters may cause game to flicker."

As someone who has never used Geforce experience can someone explain freestyle filters
I can! :D

Have you ever played with those shader injector mods, like the ENB series stuff? Freestyle is NVIDIA's built-in shader injector. it has a lot of curious shaders it can inject into your game, depending on the tech involved. For example, Freestyle actually now has one of the actual ENB SSAO shaders (it's called something else, I posted it about it in another thread here) built in.

Geforce Experience has visually enhancing options you can enable in games. If you encounter flickering in a DX12 game it may be caused if you have a particular freestyle filter enabled.
If disabled and flickering disappears then the filter likely caused the issue in that particular game.

I haven't encountered this bug using the filters but good to know they have replicated and are working on a fix.

Thanks, worth having or a bit of a gimmick ?
For me, the answer is "mostly a gimmick..." The majority of the Freestyle shaders are stuff like the filters on your cameraphone: Sepia-tone filter, black and white filter, make it look like an old 1950's TV filter, give it some execessive contrast or maybe give it very little contrast, also some sharpening filter thing, there's a few others but you get the idea.

In the newest driver, NVIDIA added a filter named SSRTGI (screen-space real time global illumination) which is, as I understand it, one of the actual ENB series "HDR" shaders. It's only available for certain games, and I did a little bit of testing in this thread: Nvidia DLSS antialiasing discussion *spawn* | Page 104 | Beyond3D Forum There's two back-to-back posts by me there, so you can gather my own feelings on the matter. I also talk about DLDSR in there, which is NVIDIA's new "AI-enhanced" downscaling / supersampling method.

The only Freestyle filter I have any care about is the SSRTGI, and honestly I'd only use it in a few places. Good news is, the driver remembers your preferences, so if you enable it once in a game, it will stay enabled the next time you start that game.

The only Freestyle filter I have any care about is the SSRTGI, and honestly I'd only use it in a few places. Good news is, the driver remembers your preferences, so if you enable it once in a game, it will stay enabled the next time you start that game.
I think when used games like Skyrim the SSRTGI filter definitely makes a difference. I was quite impressed with the candlelight shadows in dungeons.

I hadn't tried it in Skyrim yet, however one of the places I did like it was Fallout 4.

Nvidia quietly outs 511.72 Hotfix driver
Nvidia quietly released a new Hotfix graphics driver update version 511.72 that resolves some important issues on its products. The fixes include those for a G-SYNC enablement problem on G-SYNC Compatible displays, a Call of Duty: Vanguard corruption bug, and finally an Assassin's Creed Valhalla launch problem. The full changelog for the Nvidia GeForce 511.72 Hotfix driver is given below alongside the bug tracking IDs:
G-SYNC cannot be re-enabled on G-SYNC Compatible displays after manually disabling from the NVIDIA Control Panel [3523157]

Call of Duty Vanguard random corruption [3519774]

Assassin's Creed Valhalla may fail to launch correctly [3525655]

In case you're facing one or more of these issues, it is recommended that you download the driver from the link provided below. The Nvidia GeForce 511.72 Hotfix driver is available for Windows 11 and Windows 10 64-bit versions and is the same for desktops and notebooks.
https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5320

GeForce 511.79 WHQL Game Ready Driver

Version: 511.79 WHQL
Release Date: 2022.2.14
Language: English (UK)
File Size: 786.72 MB

Game Ready for Death Stranding
This new Game Ready Driver provides the best day-0 gaming experience for Elden Ring, GRID Legends, Total War: Warhammer III, and Martha is Dead featuring NVIDIA DLSS.
In addition, this new Game Ready Driver offers support for the latest updates including Destiny 2: The Witch Queen and the introduction of NVIDIA Reflex in iRacing.

Software Module Versions
- HD Audio Driver - 1.3.39.3
- NVIDIA PhysX System Software - 9.21.0713
- GeForce Experience - 3.25.0.84
- CUDA - 11.6
- DCH NVIDIA Control Panel - 8.1.962.0

Fixed Issues in this Release
- [Call of Duty: Vanguard][Assassins Creed Valhalla]: The games may display random corruption or white/black screen. [3503111/3525655]
- [Battlefield 2042]: The game may display color flashes on the screen. [3503086]
- [Corel Paint Shop Pro XI]: The application cannot be launched. [3510891]
- [G-SYNC]: After disabling G-SYNC on G-SYNC Compatible monitor and TV, G-SYNC cannot be re-enabled through the NVIDIA Control Panel. [3523157]
- Digital Vibrance is reset when monitor goes to sleep. [3519430]

Open Issues in Version 511.79 WHQL

Windows 10 Issues

- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed may crash on courses where players drive through water. [3338967]
- [Grid Legends][GeForce RTX 3-series]: Background artifacts flicker. [3524560]
- [NVIDIA Ampere GPU]: With the GPU connected to an HDMI 2.1 audio/video receiver, audio may drop out when playing back Dolby Atmos. [3345965]
- [NVIDIA Advanced Optimus][Ampere] Putting notebook to sleep by closing the lid and then waking up the notebook may cause Windows to reboot when in dGPU mode. [3444252]
- [NVIDIA Advanced Optimus][NVIDIA Control Panel]: After setting the display multiplexer type to “dGPU”, the setting is not preserved across a reboot or resume from S4. [200779758]
- The native resolution for a DVI or HDMI display may not be available from the display settings if the display contains an invalid EDID. [3502752]

Game Ready Driver Release Notes (v511.79)
Advanced Driver Search | NVIDIA

GeForce 512.15 WHQL Game Ready Driver

Version: 512.15 WHQL
Release Date: 2022.3.22
File Size: 786.95 MB

Game Ready for Ghostwire: Tokyo

This new Game Ready Driver provides the best day-0 gaming experience for Ghostwire: Tokyo, which features ray-traced reflections and shadows and utilizes NVIDIA DLSS for an up to an 2X performance boost. In addition, this new Game Ready Driver offers support for Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands as well as the addition of NVIDIA DLAA to Chorus, Jurassic World Evolution 2, and No Man’s Sky.

Software Module Versions
- HD Audio Driver - 1.3.39.3
- NVIDIA PhysX System Software - 9.21.0713
- GeForce Experience - 3.25.0.84
- CUDA - 11.6
- DCH NVIDIA Control Panel - 8.1.962.0

Fixed Issues in this Release
- [Advanced Optimus]: Brightness levels do not change properly when display set to NVIDIA GPU only mode with HDR set to off. [3497181]
- Increased registry reads by DWM.exe when GPU is connected to G-SYNC/G-SYNC Compatible display [3535493]
- [NVIDIA Advanced Optimus][Ampere] Putting notebook to sleep by closing the lid and then waking up the notebook may cause Windows to reboot when in dGPU mode. [3444252]
- The native resolution for a DVI or HDMI display may not be available from the display settings if the display contains an invalid EDID. [3502752]
- [Adobe Substance Sampler/Stager]: Fixed Optimus profile to run on dGPU by default. [3557257]
- [Enscape]: Shadow rendering is incorrect. [3530584]
- [Solidworks Visualize Boost]: When the application process is running in the background, the GPU memory clock may operate at lower clock speeds. [3417407]
- [Adobe Premiere Pro]: Adobe Media Encoder could crash due to out of memory error when encoding multiple R3D 8k files. [3532477]
- [Foundry Nuke]: CUDA and OpenCL kernel return incorrect result. [3497442]

Open Issues in Version 511.79 WHQL

Windows 10/11 Issues

- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed may crash on courses where players drive through water. [3338967]
- [NVIDIA Ampere GPU]: With the GPU connected to an HDMI 2.1 audio/video receiver, audio may drop out when playing back Dolby Atmos. [3345965]
- Club 3D CAC-1085 dongle limited to maximum resolution of 4K at 60Hz. [3542678]

Game Ready Driver Release Notes (v512.15)

GeForce 512.59 WHQL Game Ready Driver

Version: 512.59 WHQL
Release Date: 2022.4.26
File Size: 785.29 MB

Game Ready for Dune: Spice Wars

Dune is back in the spotlight, and now, 30 years after the release of the pioneering Dune II real-time strategy game from Westwood Studios, you can return to Arrakis in Funcom and Shiro Games’ Dune: Spice Wars. Based on Frank Herbert’s Dune novels, Dune: Spice Wars melds real-time strategy gameplay with tactical pausing and features found in popular Explore, Expand, Exploit, Exterminate 4X games.

• Chernobylite’s Ray Tracing Upgrade: The Farm 51’s Chernobylite recreated the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone with 3D scanned photogrammetry, and inserted otherworldly elements to create a survival horror game that exited Early Access last year with support for NVIDIA DLSS. In its newest post-release update, ray-traced reflections, ray-traced translucent reflections, ray-traced mesh caustics and ray-traced water caustics have been introduced, giving players an even-better experience.
  • JX3 Online’s DLSS Update: JX3 Online is a martial arts massively multiplayer online role-playing game that’s been entertaining PC gamers in China since 2009. On April 28th, JX3 Online will be updated with support for an updated version of DLSS, improving image quality for its millions of players.
  • Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodhunt’s Early Access Launch: Bloodhunt is a free-to-play battle royale set in Prague, which at night is consumed by a ruthless war between vampire clans. Use your supernatural powers, weapons, and wit to hunt your rivals and dominate the night.

Game Ready Driver Release Notes (v512.59)

I've been largely neglecting my PC updates, so please forgive this noob question that can likely be answered by a search...

Do these drivers still support the older 1070 models? It feels like forever since I bought that card, so wouldn't be surprised if it requires different legacy drivers instead.

I've been largely neglecting my PC updates, so please forgive this noob question that can likely be answered by a search...

Do these drivers still support the older 1070 models? It feels like forever since I bought that card, so wouldn't be surprised if it requires different legacy drivers instead.
Yes, and older 900 series and some 700 series are still supported.

NVIDIA TITAN Series:
NVIDIA TITAN RTX, NVIDIA TITAN V, NVIDIA TITAN Xp, NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), GeForce GTX TITAN X

GeForce RTX 30 Series:
GeForce RTX 3090 Ti, GeForce RTX 3090, GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GeForce RTX 3080, GeForce RTX 3070 Ti, GeForce RTX 3070, GeForce RTX 3060 Ti, GeForce RTX 3060, GeForce RTX 3050

GeForce RTX 20 Series:
GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER, GeForce RTX 2080, GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, GeForce RTX 2070, GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER, GeForce RTX 2060

GeForce 16 Series:
GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER, GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER, GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, GeForce GTX 1660, GeForce GTX 1650

GeForce 10 Series:
GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, GeForce GTX 1080, GeForce GTX 1070 Ti, GeForce GTX 1070, GeForce GTX 1060, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, GeForce GTX 1050, GeForce GT 1030, GeForce GT 1010

GeForce 900 Series:
GeForce GTX 980 Ti, GeForce GTX 980, GeForce GTX 970, GeForce GTX 960, GeForce GTX 950

GeForce 700 Series:
GeForce GTX 750 Ti, GeForce GTX 750, GeForce GTX 745

Back