Nvidia DLSS 3 antialiasing discussion

I wonder if DLSS 3 can help with this? i.e. what of you lock your frame rate at a level comfortably below your CPU's limits but then use DLSS 3 to get it back up to something reasonable. Would all that idle CPU power help to reduce the SCS?
I mean compilation stutters are not happening due to frametime budgets or CPU performance budgets... I think the engine practically stops rendering for a microsecond. I don't think what you suggest would work.

I however wonder if AI can be taught to "discard" stuttered frames and fill them with a normal, interpolated frame instead. Of course this would, once again, need some kind of buffer so AI can see forward, so more input lag. But there definitely is a potential solution to stutters there.

I mean compilation stutters are not happening due to frametime budgets or CPU performance budgets... I think the engine practically stops rendering for a microsecond. I don't think what you suggest would work.

But stutters are less evident on more powerful CPU's by most reports so I would have though reducing the CPU load should have some impact at least, even if it can't eliminate them completely.

Has there been any analysis done on FG quality at various raw fps values?
LTT blind test video few posts ago is the closest match, DLSS3 was ranked worst in image fidelity regardless of FPS

Last edited:
For a short second I believed FG was working on AMD hardware which support FSR2 and Intel cards....
:) that would be the idea, but as such it's the most useless news. I shared it 'cos I found it in a well-known website but it's nonsensical.

This is the original article, which shows many details, like the performance gain obtained with this frame generation technology by nVidia:

Last edited:
Which grid size does DLSS 3 use?
It's DLSS Super Resolution and Frame Generation now rather than DLSS 2.X or 3.
Whatever it uses has to be compatible with 4x4 because it's been made to work on RTX 20 in some games at least

It's DLSS Super Resolution and Frame Generation now rather than DLSS 2.X or 3.
Whatever it uses has to be compatible with 4x4 because it's been made to work on RTX 20 in some games at least
I am aware of that. I am of course referring to FG, as DLSS 3 is the name Nvidia created for it.

Got a source for that? And with source I mean not some random guy from Reddit. I've never heard of FG running on Turing aside from a guy on Reddit who did not even provide solid proof.

I am aware of that. I am of course referring to FG, as DLSS 3 is the name Nvidia created for it.
DLSS 3 is the name NVIDIA made for combination of DLSS FG, SR and Reflex, not a single feature. DLSS Super Resolution is literally the new name for DLSS 2.x, DLSS Frame Generation for that specific feature and NVIDIA Reflex for that specific feature.

Got a source for that? And with source I mean not some random guy from Reddit. I've never heard of FG running on Turing aside from a guy on Reddit who did not even provide solid proof.
I was under the impression there was a mod guide, can't find it now so must have remembered wrong.

this is so huge -as the author's mention, this mod opens the door for using in other great recent games- that while this video has been shown in the DLSS thread, I decided to add it here 'cos the video's author mentions the issue of Skyrim being a single threaded game and the draw calls issue associated with it, and details how DLSS3 is going to solve that problem. The video should start at the very moment -7:10 mark- he mentions that:

Back