Nvidia disdain for customers

I really don't follow. Thats exactly what I said. I've been out on holiday vacation for a while. I am aware that it has already been posted but some people here were pegging me personally and I simply offered an explanation as to why I hadnt responded. I was trying to be polite considering how often people seem to think I "ignore" them if I dont offer them some sort of response personally.

So.. it's almost been 5 months.. the original thread at slizone got deleted... what have we learned so far?

For supposing to be on a monthly schedule, did they miss March or trying to count that beta on March 2?

well i am at the weekend ;)

quick question does ati do vendor lockout ? or does crossfire work with other chipsets apart from amd ?

ATI's crossfire works on Intel 965 chipsets just fine. I think it also works on VIA / SIS chipsets too.

ATI's crossfire works on Intel 965 chipsets just fine. I think it also works on VIA / SIS chipsets too.

We asked AMD's Jon Carvill about this recently, given the dynamics change introduced by the merger. Obviously there are going to be somewhere between slim and none AMD CF chipset mobos for Intel going forward, for instance. And just as obviously the AMD/NV relationship dynamic is quite a bit different than the old ATI/NV relationship dynamic. So, what does that mean going forward for CF support? Still waiting for an answer (to that and a bunch of other questions, actually)

We asked AMD's Jon Carvill about this recently, given the dynamics change introduced by the merger. Obviously there are going to be somewhere between slim and none AMD CF chipset mobos for Intel going forward, for instance. And just as obviously the AMD/NV relationship dynamic is quite a bit different than the old ATI/NV relationship dynamic. So, what does that mean going forward for CF support? Still waiting for an answer (to that and a bunch of other questions, actually)

Crossfire support doesn't seem to be going anywhere yet, the new Intel Px5 (35, 65 or whatever the numbers were) chipsets shown at CeBit still carried Crossfire support.

Crossfire support doesn't seem to be going anywhere yet, the new Intel Px5 (35, 65 or whatever the numbers were) chipsets shown at CeBit still carried Crossfire support.

Well, I was thinking a bit more broadly than that. :smile:

Hey I've got a 600+ usd video card that forces me to turn my monitor off and on every time I use "restart" under windows to restore my video signal. This is my second 8800GTX to behave in this fashion. Cards that behave properly with my monitor and "restart" under Windows; X800XL, X1950Pro, X1900 XTX, and 7950GX2. OS doesn't matter either, the 8800GTX does it under XP SP2, MCE 2005, Professional x64, Vista and Vista x64 Ultimate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey I've got a 600+ usd video card that forces me to turn my monitor off and on every time I use "restart" under windows to restore my video signal. This is my second 8800GTX to behave in this fashion. Cards that behave properly with my monitor and "restart" under Windows; X800XL, X1950Pro, X1900 XTX, and 7950GX2. OS doesn't matter either, the 8800GTX does it under XP SP2, MCE 2005, Professional x64, Vista and Vista x64 Ultimate.

My x1900 does this as well anyone have any suggestions? I find it incredibly annoying.

I am using DVI, but previous cards (x800, 6200, etc) worked fine on dvi and monitor. I also changed the motherboard though, could that cause it somehow? Went from s939 to conroe.

Isn't there some kind of auto-scan for inputs on your monitor? Maybe you two both have the same monitor...

Mine is a 20 inch widescreen LCD from dell. It worked fine before the new video card. I was inclined to blame that card, but I honestly think it might somehow have something to do with the motherboard. It is weird in that when windows XP starts and the screen resolution changes the black screen disappears, but it makes it annoying because you don't see the post messages and stuff if you want.

It doesn't really harm as you can press delete randomly to enter the bios still and then have time to turn the monitor off and on to clear it up, but it is still an annoying niggle.

Back