NVidia Ada Speculation, Rumours and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
No where in my post do I use the word disappointing. From a gaming view, 3x the transistors and “2 node shrinks” for a 50% performance uplift just doesn't seem particularly impressive in terms of architecture.

Also 3x the flops. The benchmarks shown so far are a little suspect though.

But yeah if frame generation increases performance by 50%

2580E4D1-6CFF-4727-AC63-496DD0BC7DA7.jpg

Then the raw performance increase is also around 50%

B9F6479F-331B-4373-8A58-0456615D674A.jpg

Edit: didn’t realize the second screen shot was two different cards at first…oops. Fixed.

Also 3x the flops. The benchmarks shown so far are a little suspect though. Even the DF teaser numbers don’t make much sense on the surface.

Does frame generation increase performance by 50%?

View attachment 6998

Or by 125%

View attachment 6999

If it’s the former then the raw performance increase would be closer to 100% which is great.
The first comparison demonstrates a 140% increase from DLSS reconstruction and than a 50% increase from frame generation.

125% is the combined speedup of DLSS 3 and a 4090. So 50~% speed up from the 4090 and than 50% more from the frame generation.

Also 3x the flops. The benchmarks shown so far are a little suspect though. Even the DF teaser numbers don’t make much sense on the surface.

Does frame generation increase performance by 50%?

Or by 125%

If it’s the former then the raw performance increase would be closer to 100% which is great.

Note the point of reference, 4090 DLSS2 to 4090 DLSS3 or 3090 DLSS2 to 4090 DLSS3.

EDIT: What techuse pointed out too.

It's at least 50% faster in badly scaling on Ampere games according to Nvidia.
You expect it to scale worse than that in other titles?
I don't believe Nvidia purposely chose titles that showed performance scaling below what is typical. When has performance scaling when averaged over many titles by a 3rd party outlet ever not been lower than the highlighted titles shown in an IHV launch event?

It is very expensive , I may sit this out and stay with the 3080 longer. DLSS 3 is interesting but I don't know if its enough to make me bite on new hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back