Nintendo buys (most of) Monolith Soft

Looks around other messageboards and you'll see most people hate the Xenogames. Names like Xenoturd, to jokes about Nintendo buying the wrong Monolith. I know the Xenosaga games are some of the most boring games ever made. You literally spend 30 minutes or more sitting there watching doing absolutely nothing.

Look around some forums and you'll see plenty of people who hate plenty of games. Looking at some forums does not tell you what most people like or dislike. Also to make a statement like "even people who play these games don't like them" is just absolutely bizarre.

I'm not going to argue about how good or bad I think the games are because I've never played them. But one thing is true for all games, they all have people who like them and people who don't. No game is loved by everyone and certainly no game is disliked by everyone, especially people who play it (why play it if you hate it? :LOL:).

Outside of all that, look at the reviews, 'most' of those reviewers didn't hate the game.. In fact the massive majority of them liked it and plenty of them loved it (100% scores). Considering reviewers are people that alone blows your argument out of the water.

Last edited by a moderator:
This announcement plus the one about Nintendo themselves developing 45 Wii games is great news. It seems they are really serious about putting their money in to support these systems. And it's consistent with their message that money should be spent on software rather than hardware development.

Look around some forums and you'll see plenty of people who hate plenty of games. Looking at some forums does not tell you what most people like or dislike. Also to make a statement like "even people who play these games don't like them" is just absolutely bizarre.

If you look around, you'll notice Xenosaga gets tons of hate. This isn't like some random person who comes in and says this game sucks, but more like a landslide of people siding against the game.

BRING BACK SHOGO! :p

Wrong Monolith :p Shogo is from Monolith Production, not Monolith Soft.

Anyway, this is a smart move by Nintendo. We all know that their lineup lacked in two regards: RPGs and Racing Games. Acquiring Monolith Soft will at least partially fix the lack of RPGs. I expect that Monolith will sufficient input from Nintendo, especially in terms of gameplay and design, which could be very beneficial for both sides.

Back