Nice car, good mileage

Old Saab 900 and 9000 with high milage should fall under that price catergory? In the Uk there are good examples around £2000.

I'm a total Saab converter.

New Saab are actually built on Opel/Vauxhall platform, which sucks ass. I feel so sorry for Volvo and Saab guys being forced to work with GM/Ford crap.

_xxx_ said:
I don't think he'll find a Saab or a Volvo for $4000 either.

Um, maye not. Not the Saab 9-3 at least. Maybe not even a Volvo 940 - it's hard for me to tell, I have very vague notions of US car pricing. But surely a Volvo 740 must be cheap enough.
Come to think of it, if the prices in Sweden are of any relevance, both the Toyota Corolla and Yaris are out of range anyway.

He meant an old, used Corolla. You know, the ones that make you want to puke when you see them crawl by...

_xxx_ said:
I don't think he'll find a Saab or a Volvo for $4000 either. But I'd never sit in a Corolla or alike unless there is absolutely no other choice, feels so horrible.

Actually I need to make a correction. You cannot get a 99 Corolla for $4000. I was thinking of a totally different car (95 Civic). :oops:

Definitley go with the Jetta TDI, which they started making in '96. 600 miles to a tank, can't beat that. I'd imagine they're pretty safe too.

Back