New trailer for Wardevil

Status
Not open for further replies.
mckmas8808 said:
It's just an observation, buy some glasses. What we are saying is that the games that we seen at E3 had some great lighting in it. Better than the x360. I'm not saying that the x360 can't do it.

which "games" at E3? ;)

I think you will be pleasantly surprised in 2.5 months mckmas when you visit your local game store and see an X360 running in HD. Well maybe not really impressed until Feb/March 2006 when some other games which have a longer time with the hardware are released.

You may even want to buy yourself one of these shiny new X360 machines. ;)

It may even wow you and hold you over until Fall 2006 for a PS3 when you could sell your X360 on ebay. I'd hate to see you miss out. ;) :D

mckmas8808 said:
It's just an observation, buy some glasses. What we are saying is that the games that we seen at E3 had some great lighting in it. Better than the x360. I'm not saying that the x360 can't do it.

Man do you not understand?

There WERE NO GAMES at E3. jeez I thought this was a simple concept.

CGI != Game.

Give me a real game to look at, then I'll put on my glasses. You're right HS was real, and that's why no better than the best x360 games, 99nights, GOW etc.

Renderes to spec is just a stupid cop out so PS fans can go around pretending like the CGI is an actual game, sorry it's CGI not a game, and thus, can't be compared.

ANYONE (yes including microsoft) can easily contract out some amazing CGI, but who cares? Is it a game? no.

Tap In - he won't be impressed because he'll always believe, for some reason, that the PS3 games will look like the tech demoes at E3, call it blind faith, call it wishful thinking, but it's not gona happen. Maybe in 2009-2010 we might see KZ quality gfx, but not at launch or anywhere near it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tap In said:
which "games" at E3? ;)

I think you will be pleasantly surprised in 2.5 months mckmas when you visit your local game store and see an X360 running in HD. Well maybe not really impressed until Feb/March 2006 when some other games which have a longer time with the hardware are released.

You may even want to buy yourself one of these shiny new X360 machines. ;)

It may even wow you and hold you over until Fall 2006 for a PS3 when you could sell your X360 on ebay. I'd hate to see you miss out. ;) :D

LOL...thats probably what alot of Sony fans are going to do...I'm way to impatient to wait for the PS3. I need that visual stimuli by November...

Sigh .

Ps3 has only had a few demos . Which weren't even on final ps3 hardware . To claim it can do better hdr is a bit naive . How about we wait till see final games on both sets of hardware .

What we know now the x360 can do fp 10hdr +2x fsaa for free. fp 10hdr + 4x fsaa for 5% hit . IT can do fp 16 with both those modes however we don't know the hit it will take .

The ps3 however can't . It is only known so far to us that it can do either or . It can do hdr or fsaa.

scooby_dooby said:
Man do you not understand?

There WERE NO GAMES at E3. jeez I thought this was a simple concept.

CGI != Game.

Give me a real game to look at, then I'll put on my glasses. You're right HS was real, and that's why no better than the best x360 games, 99nights, GOW etc.

Renderes to spec is just a stupid cop out so PS fans can go around pretending like the CGI is an actual game, sorry it's CGI not a game, and thus, can't be compared.

ANYONE (yes including microsoft) can easily contract out some amazing CGI, but who cares? Is it a game? no.

Tap In - he won't be impressed because he'll always believe, for some reason, that the PS3 games will look like the tech demoes at E3, call it blind faith, call it wishful thinking, but it's not gona happen. Maybe in 2009-2010 we might see KZ quality gfx, but not at launch or anywhere near it.

Look don't tell me what I will and won't like. I KNOW for a fact that Xbox 360 games will look great. I said so far. Get it so far. And to Tap In I don't have the need for an xbox 360 this year, I will be buying PS2 and PSP games. But I agree with you I WILL be missing out on some GREAT games. I have to bold things so some people can see how I really feel.

mckmas8808 said:
snip...
And to Tap In I don't have the need for an xbox 360 this year, I will be buying PS2 and PSP games. But I agree with you I WILL be missing out on some GREAT games. I have to bold things so some people can see how I really feel.

it's all good my friend. :D

jvd said:
Sigh .

Ps3 has only had a few demos . Which weren't even on final ps3 hardware . To claim it can do better hdr is a bit naive . How about we wait till see final games on both sets of hardware .
25215gr.jpg

Gundam seems to be offering a better lighting engine then what most xbox 360 games have shown, and its not even on final hardware. Only good things can come from bigger developers and PS3 news has been scarce. So Sony fans only have few stuff to show off.

scooby_dooby said:
Gundam was a first start. So after seeing a crappy developer like Bandai producing that, I think their faith in Sony has risen.

jvd said:
IT can do fp 16 with both those modes however we don't know the hit it will take .
Looks at GoW. It looks nice, but the animation so far looks soso. It looks like the UE3 is scarficing some animation for performance with Xenos. So when ran at a faster framerate on completed hardware, the missing animation will be less noticable. That is my guess, if they stick to their current engine.

Gundam seems to be offering a better lighting engine then what most xbox 360 games have shown, and its not even on final hardware. Only good things can come from bigger developers and PS3 news has been scarce. So Sony fans only have few stuff to show off.

Gundam isn't to be released untill 2006 . Gundam was shown on 6800 cards which support hdr . All xbox games have been shown on x800s which have no hdr .

Which is why you shouldn't compare images taken from alpha kits .

Looks at GoW. It looks nice, but the animation so far looks soso. It looks like the UE3 is scarficing some animation for performance with Xenos. So when ran at a faster framerate on completed hardware, the missing animation will be less noticable. That is my guess, if they stick to their current engine.

Gow is a title for march . They were also running it on 6800ultras

The fact of the matter is we have yet to see real ps3 or real xbox 360 (though gphoria had pgr3 on beta kits )

The xbox alpha kits themsleves don't have all the features of the final graphics cards while sony's does

(sm3.0 , hdr )

This thread went very OT, but are we sure Gundam is using HDR?

Good lighting doesn't necessarily mean HDR. It can help of course, but not necessarily equally in all situations. The very aggresive "HDR look" may get played out fairly quickly (the "white everywhere" look). More subtle application may be better.

Since we're already off-topic, if the 360 beta-kits could not to HDR, what were we looking at with Ghost Recon 3?

I thought the consensus here was that GR3 was a good example of next gen HDR.

Also, I'd argue the lighting in GOW, PGR3 and GR3 are all just as good as that Gundam video.

Not beta kits . Beta kits came out the end of jully / august

Alpha kits which is what 90% of the videos we have now were run at (E3) alpha kits have x800s and they don't do hdr .

jvd said:
Not beta kits . Beta kits came out the end of jully / august

Alpha kits which is what 90% of the videos we have now were run at (E3) alpha kits have x800s and they don't do hdr .

You sure?

I remember reading requirements for HL2's Lost Coast and the X800 was one of the cards listed.

scooby_dooby said:
Since we're already off-topic, if the 360 beta-kits could not to HDR, what were we looking at with Ghost Recon 3?

Also, I'd argue the lighting in GOW, PGR3 and GR3 are all just as good as that Gundam video.

To be fair and honest they are close as far as lighting is concerned. But this is my reason to believe that next-gen games will live up to the hype.

Confidence-Man said:
You sure?

I remember reading requirements for HL2's Lost Coast and the X800 was one of the cards listed.
thats a hack for hdr . It uses the shaders to acomplish it . NOt as good as regular hdr . Check out the 3d tech forums for more info

scooby_dooby said:

GR3 is the only game on Xbox360 that shows great lighting, while I'm not too impressed with PGR3's lighting engine. Has GoW been reported to be running on a Beta kit or is it still on the 6800 Ultra Sli cards?

Also, its pretty sad when there are only 3 games that you can think of that can match a crappy developer like Bandai.

BTW, hopefully Sony will bring more to the table at TGS.

BTOA said:
GR3 is the only game on Xbox360 that shows great lighting, while I'm not too impressed with PGR3's lighting engine. Has GoW been reported to be running on a Beta kit or is it still on the 6800 Ultra Sli cards?

Also, its pretty sad when there are only 3 games that you can think of that can match a crappy developer like Bandai.

BTW, hopefully Sony will bring more to the table at TGS.

GOW latest movie was supposedly on Beta kits

Also re: "pretty sad..." ...it's waaaaay to early to make a statement like that.

go into an EB around Christmas and look at the X360 HD kiosk and then tell me what you think.

Tap In said:
GOW latest movie was supposedly on Beta kits

Also re: "pretty sad..." ...it's waaaaay to early to make a statement like that.

go into an EB around Christmas and look at the X360 HD kiosk and then tell me what you think.
Its not waaaaaay to early to base a statement about an early build of a game, when a crappy developers like Bandai produced a better looking game than most Xbox360's launch games.

BTW, I will be going into EB a week or two before Xbox 360 is launched, because MS should have some Xbox 360 HD kiosk kits up and running in select areas.

BTOA said:
Its not waaaaaay to early to base a statement about an early build of a game, when a crappy developers like Bandai produced a better looking game than most Xbox360's launch games.
snip

and what exactly have we seen really?
nothing, I contend. :LOL:

We have seen some crappy alpha kit nonsnese and some weak screens.

X360 info will flow freely in 2 months to actually compare to the Bandai DEMO (not yet a game )

Tap In said:
and what exactly have we seen really?
nothing, I contend. :LOL:

We have seen some crappy alpha kit nonsnese and some weak screens.

X360 info will flow freely in 2 months to actually compare to the Bandai DEMO (not yet a game )
So we should be praising alpha/beta kit builds that don't represent the final product on Xbox360, while PS3 developers are aiming for final product specs and some have shown that they hit their targeted render.

Also far from what we have seen from both parties, Bandai delivered with targeted renders for the PS3, while MS gives hope to gamers that more graphical marvels like GoW will show up in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back