New trailer for Wardevil

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm not sure it is said anywhere anymore...

before this update though, and when this game first appeared (about a year ago now?) they always said coming late '05

obviously, if they have indeed been picked up by sony it obviously wouldn't be coming late 05 lol

rusty said:
i'm not sure it is said anywhere anymore...

before this update though, and when this game first appeared (about a year ago now?) they always said coming late '05

I think I remember now. In fact, at the time didn't they reference XNA or Xbox development in their recruitment section? Not anymore.

Confidence-Man said:
In fact, at the time didn't they reference XNA or Xbox development in their recruitment section? Not anymore.

well, that in itself isn't exactly suprising - one would hope they don't need to recruit anyone for this project anymore if it is coming 05/06 as suggested, one would certainly expect all the positions to have been filled.

i'm going to keep my fingers crossed that microsoft managed to bag these guys, because frankly i'm probably not picking up a ps3 at launch.. the x360 will no doubt keep me entertained for a good while until the price drops on the ps3

According to IGN:

" Xbox: WarDevil Shows Potential of Xbox 2 - December 2, 2004
First trailer and details on the next-gen title slated for a 2005 release."

December 2, 2004 - The Internet is like dry brush and it doesn't take much to set it ablaze. Such is the case with WarDevil - Unleash the Beast Within, a next-generation title from UK-based Digi-Guys. The official website does not specifically state this title is for Xbox 2, however, several key pieces of information make it an almost sure thing.

WarDevil is described as a "an innovative next generation 3D title" and is set for release in late 2005. With Nintendo's Revolution and Sony's PS3 set to ship in 2006, the only other choice is for Xbox 2. Long-rumored to release in holiday 2005, it would seem gamers will have a new console to consider next year. Consider this a first look at what is apparently a launch title for Microsoft's next system."

scooby_dooby said:
According to IGN:

" Xbox: WarDevil Shows Potential of Xbox 2 - December 2, 2004
First trailer and details on the next-gen title slated for a 2005 release."

Thats December 2004 though, things could have changed from then. I remember Gamepro stating that Oblivion was a PS3 title. Who knows what happened.

EDIT: I find it weird that there open about it being available for PS3 and Revolution...but are quiet about the 360.....but if their releasing for Revolution...then I would expect them to release it for the 360 to.

Last edited by a moderator:
BlueTsunami said:
EDIT: I find it weird that there open about it being available for PS3 and Revolution...but are quiet about the 360.....but if their releasing for Revolution...then I would expect them to release it for the 360 to.

sorry, where do they mention PS3 and rev? i can't see it anywhere...

as you say if it's not a PS3 exclusive, one would expect it to release on 360 as well

I did not remember that it is a 05 launch, but here they say officially that this trailer is real-time?

blakjedi said:
HDD is what happened.

I wasn't refering to what happened with Oblivion..but what happened with Wardevil.

rusty said:
as you say if it's not a PS3 exclusive, one would expect it to release on 360 as well

The reason I said that if its coming out for the Revolution to, that it would have to be coming out for the 360 is becuase I find it odd that this game would be coming out for only the PS3 and Revolution...usually its all three or just Xbox and Playstation.

BlueTsunami said:
The reason I said that if its coming out for the Revolution to, that it would have to be coming out for the 360 is becuase I find it odd that this game would be coming out for only the PS3 and Revolution...usually its all three or just Xbox and Playstation.

yeah i know, and i'm agreeing with you - i was just wondering where you saw that it was coming out for the revolution

rusty said:
yeah i know, and i'm agreeing with you - i was just wondering where you saw that it was coming out for the revolution

Oh..I was pulling from a post in this thread where someone stated that it was known to be on the Revolution and PS3...i'm probably wrong though...I went to their site and it seems as though their under a strict NDA...

scooby_dooby said:
Ya, I sure hope not....this game looks sweet...would rather have it now than wait until Holiday 06....that's just so far away...

PS3 or not, this game could've been move anyway. We don't really know how long development started. Plus, sometimes it's better to wait than play rush games. But I agree with you, Holiday 06 is quite long. So lets hope, if it is a PS3 tittle, that it would be release not too far the console's launch (prehaps Summer?).

All this talk about TGS reminds me of this year's E3; Announcements, info, anything.

- Z

A quick question to all of you. At the official website for wardevil, they have a gallery of screenshots that mention "it's 100% in-game assets". Now what is the exact definition of in-game assets: in-game cut-scenes or what we would expect as gameplay? :)

-NakedZ- said:
PS3 or not, this game could've been move anyway. We don't really know how long development started. Plus, sometimes it's better to wait than play rush games. But I agree with you, Holiday 06 is quite long. So lets hope, if it is a PS3 tittle, that it would be release not too far the console's launch (prehaps Summer?).

All this talk about TGS reminds me of this year's E3; Announcements, info, anything.

- Z

meh, i'm gonna keep hopin it's on the 360 that way i can play it this year.

gamespot still has it in the 360 section, with the relase date as Q4 2005, as does IGN... here's hopin

This is looking like another PS3 project.

It says that the Wardevil website will return in Q4 2005. That's not the game release date.

Looks like Sony may have picked this game up.

wardevil3ur.jpg

Looks where it says SONY: It says DigiGuys is proud to be using Sony's 2nd stage HDCAMSR High-Def Studio VTR & unique blu-ray optical disc.

Sounds like a second party game to me fellas. But I could be wrong. They could be using all of Sony's equipment for a videogame that has that PS3 esque look and feel to it made on the blue-fay disc and just give it MS. I guess that's possible. [/sarcasm]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back