Status
Not open for further replies.
Slay said:
I tend to aggree with you, why on earth they would use something like this
http://www.tapeandmedia.com/images/pfd-23.jpg
If they're not making a game for PS3?
I found the pic here http://www.tapeandmedia.com/detail.asp?product_id=PFD-23

Is that sarcasm?
I'm asking, because thoses huge capacity discs are used in video edition, Digi-Guys also works on 3D animation for movies/TV.

I'm not saying that SCEE or SCEA is not their publisher, that I don't know, but I'm saying that fact that they're using Sony's tool and medias doesn't mean that they're working on a game for SCEE/SCEA.
blakjedi said:
HDD is what happened.
I'll quote Qroach on this:
Qroach said:
You guys need to seriously stop all this nonsense about the hard drive and possible developer concern, bla blah blah. how many times is it needed to hear that the hard drive in xbox 360 is essentially a mass storage device/ huge memory card. It's not there for developers to use as a cache for files as it was with xbox 1.

Therefore there's no reason for anyone here to worry or any developers to worry about this. It's just a really big memcard.
;).

pc999 said:
:?: I may be confusing with others but in their old site they arent working with XNA too :-? :?:

? I'm not sure. However I've heard it said that their site at one point was mentioning XNA etc. in their jobs page but now it doesn't.

Anyway, I think we're reading too much into this. It'll probably appear at TGS as a Sega or Konami game or something.

Vysez said:
I'm not saying that SCEE or SCEA is not their publisher, that I don't know, but I'm saying that fact that they're using Sony's tool and medias doesn't mean that they're working on a game for SCEE/SCEA.

spot on... couldnt have put it better myself

Well the only thing I know is this game has that distictive look about it. That look that would make people say "This video looks pre-rendered." If it wasn't for the RTE1080 and real-time flashing every where I think people all over the net would be screaming fake.

I'm not trying to be a mean guy but 9 out of 10 games that people scream fake seem to be PS3 games. Just an observation.;)

I wonder if the xbox 360 version will stay at 1080i or be at 720p . Anyway with 4x fsaa turned on this should be great

I'm pointing at the PS3, because the lighting engine in this demo looks leagues ahead of most Xbox 360 games currently being displayed.

BTW, I thought the Xbox 360 renders in 720p natively, but can upscale/downscale to whatever resolution needed (480i/p, 1080i/p).

mckmas8808 said:
Well the only thing I know is this game has that distictive look about it. That look that would make people say "This video looks pre-rendered." If it wasn't for the RTE1080 and real-time flashing every where I think people all over the net would be screaming fake.

I'm not trying to be a mean guy but 9 out of 10 games that people scream fake seem to be PS3 games. Just an observation.;)

actually whhen a developer EXPLICITLY states something is realtime we tend to believe them.

Have you forgotten that the sony REFUSED to call the footage realtime? Does that little fact just flutter through yourt mind?

BTOA said:
I'm pointing at the PS3, because the lighting engine in this demo looks leagues ahead of most Xbox 360 games currently being displayed.

Oh please, in what ways is the PS3 more powerful in lighting than the x360?

scooby_dooby said:

The man was just saying from what we have seen so far. Thats all.

scooby_dooby said:
actually whhen a developer EXPLICITLY states something is realtime we tend to believe them.

Have you forgotten that the sony REFUSED to call the footage realtime? Does that little fact just flutter through yourt mind?

Whats going through my mind is rendered to spec. Thats what going through my mind. I will believe that render to spec means that the game will look at least 95% of what they were showing. You may feel otherwise. We will just have to wait and see right?

scooby_dooby said:
From everything we have seen so far. Why do you think the Xbox360 can do FP16 and run smoothly, when FP10 is the sweet spot for the Xenos GPU for running games smoothly?

BTW, GoW isn't running smooth and animates poorly too.

Last edited by a moderator:
rusty said:
considering it's aimed for a late 2005 launch, i think looking to SCEE might be looking in the wrong direction... unless of course that date has changed somewhat.

guess we'll find out for sure at TGS, it's certainly possible that sony snatched this one up - in which case shame on microsoft for letting sony catch yet another promising game.

but yeah this looks awesome!
their original trailer debut was at TGS 2004, maybe they just like to go to Japan.

Confidence-Man said:
And it's known that the PS3 can?
Looking at the demos shown so far for the PS3, they look to be sporting better lighting engine.

DeanoC on HDR for Heavenly Sword said:
HDR is bread and butter for us, something like 2 years old tech. Originally 16 bit integer (back in the ATI 9800 days) now FP16 based. X360 has a nice 32 bit float mode (FP10) but I expect that will be quite hard to use for proper HDR...FP16 seems to be the best comprimise for a framebuffer at the moment (its enough for most lighting, though we run out of precision directly in front of the sun (noticeable on our cloud renderer))
Heavenly Sword is using FP16. So there is your example of PS3 doing FP16. ;)

FP16 @ 5 FPS yes.

#1 - you expect us to believe you can tell the difference between hdr10 and hdr 16 on a tiny little compressed video like that?

#2 - x360 can do FP16 just like PS3 can, it just isn't for free. It isn't "free" on PS3 either, so what's the difference? HS is running at 5fps with FP16, who's to say that's any better than the 360 could do? You just want it to be true that's all.

Mckmass, if you are going to use the phrase "what we have seen so far" then PLEASE only reference ACTUAL GAMES. This whole using freakin CGI demoes and thinking they are examples of actual games is just weak.

Please feel free to show me one single actual game that has better lighting than Gears of War.

Just because they say "rendered to spec" doesn't mean you check your brain at the door, they are still CGI and are inidicative of nothing.

scooby_dooby said:
Ok, so how does that translate too "This is probably a PS3 game because the lighting is so good", lol, what a joke!

It's just an observation, buy some glasses. What we are saying is that the games that we seen at E3 had some great lighting in it. Better than the x360. I'm not saying that the x360 can't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back