New Tekken 6 Trailer

Man I can't wait. So excited for this. :D
It's no e3 05 trailer of course, but it looks damn nice, and way better than that e3 06 trailer crap.

Tekken 6 > VF5. :LOL:
/me runs like hell from Vysez....

The announcement at the AOU Show is for the arcade version on the new PS3-based arcade system (though you can see they are developing it with the SIXAXIS in the trailer...).
http://www.tekken-official.jp/tk6ac/index.html

EDIT: AOU Show http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20070216/aou1.htm
aou101.jpg

I'll wait for high-res screens and video before making a definitive judgement. But as it stands now I'm highly disappointed that a year old DOA4 still holds the crown for best looking fighting game IMO (And even that was just DOA:U in high-res).

I'll wait for high-res screens and video before making a definitive judgement. But as it stands now I'm highly disappointed that a year old DOA4 still holds the crown for best looking fighting game IMO (And even that was just DOA:U in high-res).

I'm not even going to touch this comment. I already know Vysez is going to kill me for picking on VF5 the way that I do. :LOL:

Anyways, here are some (rather small) screens from the trailer..

tk6_aou_01.jpg

tk6_aou_02.jpg

tk6_aou_03.jpg

tk6_aou_10.jpg

tk6_aou_08.jpg

The announcement at the AOU Show is for the arcade version on the new PS3-based arcade system (though you can see they are developing it with the SIXAXIS in the trailer...).
http://www.tekken-official.jp/tk6ac/index.html
What are the specs of the arcade board? or are they the exact same as the PS3 specs?

I'm not even going to touch this comment. I already know Vysez is going to kill me for picking on VF5 the way that I do. :LOL:

Hate to break it to you bruh but VF5 looks much better than this. ;)

I'm hoping that in High-res it'll be much more impressive... but now...

Well the art style is very different from VF5. It's closer to anime than real life.

I think it looks pretty nice. It looks very sharp and clean. I'm satisfied with that pixel quality wise for Tekken6.

The area I want next gen work on is in the animation. I'm not satisfied at all with the animation even in VF5. I think we can stand for big improvements here over last gen.

Hate to break it to you bruh but VF5 looks much better than this. ;)

I'm hoping that in High-res it'll be much more impressive... but now...

I truly hate the game comparisons, so I'm just going to say, no, for now. ;)
The only thing I find disappointing about T6 so far is the lack of self shadowing. And maybe the empty arena's. But considering the game has like 12 (give or take) left months in development, I'm not worried one bit. Looks awesome so far. Can't wait. :D

Holy crap! that guy looks like Gackt! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I think it's a girl (tomboy?) based on her wallpaper.
leo_a.jpg

I have a theory that she is Paul's daughter, or sister in some way. Note the leather jacket, the biker gloves, the blond hair, the red torn cloth (from paul's uniform?), the boots, etc. In the trailer shes visiting a grave yard...possibly Paul's grave?

Hmm, looking forward to it. Will be interesting to see if they improved the gameplay or not. The graphics look very, very smooth and crisp, but not yet spectacular. But then Tekken rarely does in the first year - the difference between Tekken Tag's graphics and Tekken 5's graphics are (to me anyway) a prime example of how graphics improve over a console's lifetime :D.

In the meantime I'm interested in hearing if the downloadable Tekken 5: DR for PS3 that's to be released soon, is going to have Tekken Bowl with sixaxis support ... that could be very funny.

Graphically it needs work, which I expect it'll get. Hope so! Gameplay wise, are they adding some new things? Motion control is essential if they want to distinguish it from other fighters. Also what's with the Jack upgrades? Just a costume change, or are we looking at upgradeable characters?

Edit : Regards animation, GameTrailers are hosting the old Endorphin trailer which I d'loaded thinking it was something new. There's a fight scene at 37 seconds in. That's what we want in our next-gen fighters!

Well, at least it's better than the E3 06 footage. It looks pretty decent, but it could be improved.

No details on the arcade board (asides from that we think it's really just running a PS3 right now?)?

I have a theory that she is Paul's daughter, or sister in some way. Note the leather jacket, the biker gloves, the blond hair, the red torn cloth (from paul's uniform?), the boots, etc. In the trailer shes visiting a grave yard...possibly Paul's grave?

I'm pretty sure Leo is a he, though feminine looking, but it's certainly not the first feminine looking male character in a Japanese game.

The video quality is not very good and I'm sure this would look much more impressive in HD, but it does look a bit lacking at the moment. The environments look a bit dull and there really isn't anything particularly impressive in craphically in that trailer. It's still Tekken though so it's going to be great for sure. I'll reserve my final judgement on the craphics, because the HD footage might make a world of difference, it wouldn't be the first time.

Back