New Tekken 6 Trailer

I'm curious as to how they'll use the motion control.

Rumble was superfluous. I could see them using sixaxis as an alternative to button combo / d-pad movement, but it must remain superfluous as well. It won't be in the arcade version and I would die if I had to constantly tilt the arcade stick I have now.

I'm pretty sure Leo is a he, though feminine looking, but it's certainly not the first feminine looking male character in a Japanese game.
So Leo is a guy who looks like a girl (not just feminine, but like a girl. Those eyes and fingers are female) and sounds like a girl. Probably an XXXY genome.

I like Bad_Boy's theory of this being Paul's relative.

I'm pretty sure Leo is a he, though feminine looking, but it's certainly not the first feminine looking male character in a Japanese game.
I dunno, check the trailer again. The voice Leo has, seems very feminine, and then animations as well..

"She" just seems like a tomboy to me, at least clothing wise.

I'm trying to find a close up picture of Paul on Google, but I think he might have blue eyes just like Leo. Way too many coincidences not to be related I think.

edit: yup, blue eyes...

old tekken cg ending
tek2paul-7.jpg

http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/psx/a/tek2paul.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
So Leo is a guy who looks like a girl (not just feminine, but like a girl. Those eyes and fingers are female) and sounds like a girl. Probably an XXXY genome.

I dunno, check the trailer again. The voice Leo has, seems very feminine, and then animations as well..

"She" just seems like a tomboy to me, at least clothing wise.

Yes he/she/it is very feminine, but for now I think Leo is teenager very feminine boy, but he could be she, I'm certainly not denying the possibility, but I need confirmation before I believe it.

C'mon, the other new character is already a female, and this guy is called 'Leo', fer chrsake ... you guys are really desperate for discussion material aren't you? ;)

C'mon, the other new character is already a female, and this guy is called 'Leo', fer chrsake ... you guys are really desperate for discussion material aren't you? ;)
I'm a tekken fan, what can I say. :LOL:

Either girl or boy, I'm 90% sure Leo (or is it Leona? ;)) is related to Paul in some way.
I don't think the fact that theirs another new girl has much to do with it, IIRC theres going to be more than 2 new characters in Tekken 6 so there could be other males.

That was ballsy of Namco-Bandai to put the E3 05 clip in.
If the new kid is related to Paul, he certainly isn't taking his stylistic (martial) cues from there.
Ha ha what the fuck at the ending.
The lighting still looks strange to me. Not to the extent of E3 06, but something is off.

Ha ha what the fuck at the ending.
I'm suprised nobody mentioned this sooner..

So Brian fury had a shotgun as an accessory addon in the last game.. Although that's all it was.. An Accessory..

It would be MENTAL if accessories in Tekken 6 actually provided some kind of functional purpose too...??? (extra moves etc..)

Observe those bigass cannons on Jack's back and imagine the possibilities!! :oops:

I'm really dissapointed at the trailer. I have been a hardcore Tekken fan since part 2. I never really liked Tekken 1 that much.

Graphically, it's a huge letdown. Especially after the cg trailer of jin. They seriously needed to use the cg models and create normal maps of them. The game would look a lot better if they did that. Right now it looks like Tekken 5 with more polys. The series took a step back after Tekken 4, which I think looked better graphically than Tekken 5, IMO (no multi tired backgrounds. Characters seems to boast more polys and were bigger on screen than Tekken 5. Much more background interaction) Also, they are still using animations from Tekken 2, which is sad. The backgrounds look dull as well. The lighting isn't that great either. I'm sad to say it, but I think at least graphically, the next-gen MK, which is using UE3 will look much better than this.

I finally watched the trailer, and I guess Leo is a female :| (just in that one pic, she looked like Gackt :oops: )

If err, Leo somehow was a man, then Namco/Bandai has succeeded in making me lose gender perceptions :cry:

And isnt it a little premature to judge how the game currently looks? Yes, it looks meh in its current state, but for all we know, the final product is on par with next gen fighting games in terms of visuals :smile:

Come on Banco, impress us with your skills and stuff :eek:

the new character looks a little too metro...

Leo from that poster looks like that DBSG/TXFXQ dude 영웅

the characters are pretty detailed even from the low res feed...

I can't wait till HD feed is available for the trailer :)

And isnt it a little premature to judge how the game currently looks?

Well, by definition, no, I'd say it's not.
Edit: Ah, misinterpreted on my part. Just realized what you meant.
Certainly this doesn't scream "next-gen" to anyone.

Leo's reminding me of a similarly named, similarly featured, similarly ambiguously gay counterpart in another series.

Being designed for RSX there is no reason why Tekken 6 shouldn't be technically superior graphically to VF5 which was designed for the Lindbergh with it's geforce 6 based gpu.

Hmm, looking forward to it. Will be interesting to see if they improved the gameplay or not. The graphics look very, very smooth and crisp, but not yet spectacular. But then Tekken rarely does in the first year - the difference between Tekken Tag's graphics and Tekken 5's graphics are (to me anyway) a prime example of how graphics improve over a console's lifetime :D.

In the meantime I'm interested in hearing if the downloadable Tekken 5: DR for PS3 that's to be released soon, is going to have Tekken Bowl with sixaxis support ... that could be very funny.

Well TTT made me go :oops: :oops: when I first saw it running on PS2. And although T5 overally looks better in most cases there are many in which TTT still has an edge over it

I'm really dissapointed at the trailer. I have been a hardcore Tekken fan since part 2. I never really liked Tekken 1 that much.

Graphically, it's a huge letdown. Especially after the cg trailer of jin. They seriously needed to use the cg models and create normal maps of them. The game would look a lot better if they did that. Right now it looks like Tekken 5 with more polys. The series took a step back after Tekken 4, which I think looked better graphically than Tekken 5, IMO (no multi tired backgrounds. Characters seems to boast more polys and were bigger on screen than Tekken 5. Much more background interaction) Also, they are still using animations from Tekken 2, which is sad. The backgrounds look dull as well. The lighting isn't that great either. I'm sad to say it, but I think at least graphically, the next-gen MK, which is using UE3 will look much better than this.

I feel exactly the same. I was expecting something mindblowing but this doesnt have a next gen feel at all.

It would be really funny if Tekken 6 was running on Namco's System 256 or System Super 256 board
(both speed-boosted PS2-based boards with more RAM)

please tell me Tekken 6 isn't using a PS3-based arcade board :/

Well TTT made me go :oops: :oops: when I first saw it running on PS2. And although T5 overally looks better in most cases there are many in which TTT still has an edge over it

TTT seemed to be using more polys for the characters, and looked almost on par with the cg characters that were showcsed in the Tekken 3 cinemas. Honestly, I thought Tekken 4 looked better than Tekken 5 due to the characters being larger.

Back