New SCEE CEO: Reeves replaced by Andrew House

Ellie is very professional she is writing for eurogamer.net not gamesindustry.biz.
I concur. It's like Top Gear isn't a particularly good car programme if you want to learn what cars are good buys, but it is entertaining. Whereas 5th Gear aims to fill the role of the old Top Gear in being a consumer programme rather than entertainment show, but doesn't get the viewing figures. There'll be plenty of other serious interviews, and there is a place for the stupid ones.

I also think her silly questions were a reasonably diplomatic delivery of some challenging questions. She pressured House to substantiate his position, instead of just letting the 'we have information' comment slide. We need sources to understand the relevance of some data. Now we have it. I'm glad she did this instead of let 'we have information saying we're better than XBLive!' stand on its own. That research strikes me as flawed. Or at least, House has been very selective in comparing the platforms.

I concur. It's like Top Gear isn't a particularly good car programme if you want to learn what cars are good buys, but it is entertaining. Whereas 5th Gear aims to fill the role of the old Top Gear in being a consumer programme rather than entertainment show, but doesn't get the viewing figures. There'll be plenty of other serious interviews, and there is a place for the stupid ones.

IMO Fifth Gear is just as bad in regards to proper testing and just isn't funny, whereas Top Gear is. I wish Fifth Gear actually was a proper car show with proper made in a serious tone tests, but it isn't. Their tests are bloody awful and their studio personnel are very annoying. Tiff, Plato and Vicki are ok.

I think these interviews are kind of funny, at least the Mark Rein was, because he could fire some comedy back.

I think these interviews are kind of funny, at least the Mark Rein was, because he could fire some comedy back.
That's really what it needs. A good people-person PR man could have had some fun banter with Ellie and presented Sony as both succesful (thanks to PR spiel) and fun.

Back