New Nintendo Switch hardware versions?

Discussion in 'Console Industry' started by wco81, Oct 4, 2018.

1. BRiT

BRiT (╯°□°)╯
    Moderator Legend Alpha Subscriber

Shrink the electronics and boost the battery size to use up the newly free room.

2. AlBran

AlBran Just Monika
    Moderator Legend

That's asking too much already. :p CynicAl is simply hoping they just keep the same battery size with a lower power APU. :rolleyes:

3. Silent_Buddha

Legend

Oh my, CynicAI is quite the optimist. ;)

Regards,
    SB

AlBran and BRiT like this.
  4. AlBran

AlBran Just Monika
    Moderator Legend

5. Pressure

Veteran Regular

I'm still playing Breath of the Wild on the Wii U like some cave man ... waiting for a new revision.

DSoup likes this.
  6. Dr Evil

Dr Evil Anas platyrhynchos
    Legend Veteran

Improving the hand held portion of the Switch definitely makes sense. Portability could use some improvement and hopefully they can do something to ergonomics as well... Personally I would prefer XL with bigger screen though... I wonder if the less in demand 10nm process at TSMC could be better fit to a possible new Switch SOC than the more high demand 7nm process? I'd imagine those wafers to be cheaper and still more than suitable for this task.

7. tongue_of_colicab

Veteran

Personally I find the ergonomics pretty decent. Keep in mind it has to fit child hands as well as being portable so there is only so much they can do I guess. Bigger screen in the same form factor would be welcome though.

To be honest I don't think there is that much Nintendo can do at the moment. Especially if they stick to the dock/joycon concept which I hope they will as I believe that is by far the biggest reason Switch is selling well. That and I doubt there is must in terms of cost savings by removing the joycons and dock. Really shoulnd't be very expensive to produce.

Nintendo themselves said they aren't planning any revisions at the moment so.