New MGS4 trailer at Sony Keynote (July 11th)

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
It's an homage to The Matrix! :p What a strange robot in the first shot.

Reminds me of a program Rik Mayall (Bottom, and he's in the upcoming Alone in the Dark game :p ) used to do....a long way back. It was him reading children's stories while he sat in a big arm chair that had Ostrich legs...the title screen had him sitting in the chair as it ran across the world. Very odd.

Might have been Grim Tales or Jackanory....but I don't remember them having an Ostrich chair :LOL:

That gameplay video was amazing! I hope the control scheme isn't overwhelmingly complex. If it's easy to pick up and play then this could be one of the best games ever.

It seems it's confirmed that MGS4 is a BD50 release.

http://gamesmaya.blog98.fc2.com/blog-entry-424.html

This is a well-known blog by a game shop owner in Japan, and she went to Konami's retailers meeting yesterday. At the speech for the event, Konami's executive officer said the price would be announced on March 21 and the game has the biggest volume in the series on a Blu-ray dual-layer disc. I suspect there may be a Playstation event on March 21.

It seems it's confirmed that MGS4 is a BD50 release.

There is one thing that makes me wonder if they are mistaken about it using a bd-50. I was reading through this article:

http://gizmodo.com/366260/whole-blu-world-the-format-wars-bloody-aftermath

...in particular this quote regarding movies:

"...that they might have trouble buying dual-layer 50GB Blu-ray discs to produce them on, because the more settled Blu-ray studios have already purchased the entire 2008 stock—not hard to do, thanks to the limited number of replication sites and lower yields."

That's not the first time I've read that the dual layer replicators are maxed out. So how is Konami gonna meet demand? Maybe they got special treatment and got ahead of the line on front of other movie studios for access to bd-50's. But if demand exceeds their expectations, then what?

Yeah, I read that article too. New lines have been added recently. The article does not have a date, so it's hard to know how up-to-date is their information.

Here's one data point on BD-50 replication.

This is from a 3rd party vendor, not the Sony lines they have at their own plants in Indiana.

Wow ! I hope Kojima is wrong. I'd hate to meet one of these things in the war zone.

My first impression is the same as one of the commenters:
That thing scares the hell out of me every time I see a video of it.

Wow ! I hope Kojima is wrong. I'd hate to meet one of these things in the war zone.

My first impression is the same as one of the commenters:

Unfortunately he is right about many things in his MGS series. Even if its not completely "literally" in many ;)

That would be an interesting OT discussion, IMO. :D

Yep it would. :)

I think MGS deserves a thread, Even one in the gaming forum as a game that tries to treat its gamers differently and to be more than just a game but more like a post modern work of art. I think it is probably the only game that can fall in the same league as George Orwell's work.

They are almost "prophetic".

Deus Ex is one of them also. MGS games don't take themselves to seriously, and that is a good thing. But they always have a message to deliver.

MGS4 Premium Pack w/ steel-color PS3 in Japan

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1214249_1124.html

metaru04.jpg

The box plugs in via USB I assume? No mic? Does look nice though. Id like to have it just because. I got out voted last night playing DMC4, my kids were on webkinz and wanted me to turn down the volume. :/

Back