Remastered MGS4 trailer

Mr. Domino

Regular
Beautiful surprise today with this “newâ€￾ trailer for Metal GEAR Solid 4! We use quotation marks since it is actually about a remastered version of the trailer from E3 2006 which had created sensation at the time of its presentation. This new version was carried out with the new engine for the playstation 3 and thus benefits from notable improvements: irreproachable fluidity, additions of effects of particles, motion blur, lightings, additional angles of camera,… the result is extremely promising.

Note: watch trailer carefully at least till the middle of runtime to notice additions
-Running on latest 3D Engine on ps3
-added new camera angles
-added storyline & extra gameplay with snake vs enemy Giant machine

1) Smooth framerate all the time.
2) Particle effects are greatly improved. Whether it's sparks or rubble, whenever a Gekkou breaks something, there's a thick cloud of small stones and dust. Smoke is more prominent too.
3) Motion blur. I think it's excessive sometimes, but whatever.
4) Some very slight angle changes. For instance, when Snake picks up his cigarette.

Trailer: http://www.playfrance.com/news-ps3-tv-un-trailer-pour-mgs-4.html

A pretty decent upgrade.

Best scene in the trailer is the graveyard scene... Thousands of flowers everywhere, and framerate still holds. :)

Absolutely stunning. Gives a theme just like in the movie "War of the Worlds"...

:oops: :oops: :oops:

so can we say the gameplay graphics would refelct wats shown in the trailer? i can c wat the engine does now but hope they keep all those graphics consistent throughout thegame,

If any of the last MGS games is to go by, gameplay should be fairly in league with the cutscenes which are in-engine as well.

Seeing Metal Gears running through walls absolutely blows my mind and I can't imagine it being possible - but then... the slogan for MGS4 is "no pace to hide", and if there's a team that could pull something like this off, it's Team Kojima.

If I remember correctly, the 2006 trailer had horrible and choppy model movements. I hope they made these more fluid because no matter how beautiful a model is, moving like a marionette can foil a good thing.

http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/ps3/ga...07104048156073&releaseId=20051216153655522074

"Contrary to what you may have read elsewhere, Konami has not issued a 'remastered' or enhanced video of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.

GamesRadar has spoken to Konami, who informed us that the trailer which appeared on a new MGS site this morning, and which certain aggregate portals, news blogs and websites claim displays new visual effects, is definitely not new. Konami stressed to us that it has not released any new footage, and that we won't see anything of MGS4 until E3 2007 in August.

This 'new' footage is simply a recut version of last year's E3 trailer. Smoke effects, particles, melon physics, textures - all of these things are exactly the same in both versions, with not a hint of any retouched effects to be seen. And, anyway, doesn't Konami have better things to do than fiddle around with exisiting footage?"

lol.....

http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/ps3/ga...07104048156073&releaseId=20051216153655522074

"Contrary to what you may have read elsewhere, Konami has not issued a 'remastered' or enhanced video of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.

GamesRadar has spoken to Konami, who informed us that the trailer which appeared on a new MGS site this morning, and which certain aggregate portals, news blogs and websites claim displays new visual effects, is definitely not new. Konami stressed to us that it has not released any new footage, and that we won't see anything of MGS4 until E3 2007 in August.

This 'new' footage is simply a recut version of last year's E3 trailer. Smoke effects, particles, melon physics, textures - all of these things are exactly the same in both versions, with not a hint of any retouched effects to be seen. And, anyway, doesn't Konami have better things to do than fiddle around with exisiting footage?"

lol.....

Excatly what I was thinking about since I was running both the old and "new" video side by side. Did it since others where saying that effects, lightning and detail was better in different forums compared to the '06 video... lol!

Excatly what I was thinking about since I was running both the old and "new" video side by side. Did it since others where saying that effects, lightning and detail was better in different forums compared to the '06 video... lol!

Go ahead and tell me there's no improvement after seeing this:

1) Smooth framerate all the time.
2) Particle effects are greatly improved. Whether it's sparks or rubble, whenever a Gekkou breaks something, there's a thick cloud of small stones and dust. Smoke is more prominent too.
3) Motion blur. I think it's excessive sometimes, but whatever.
4) Some very slight angle changes. For instance, when Snake picks up his cigarette.

All of this is true. You don't need to be an expert to notice the differences, mostly if you're watching both versions of the trailer side by side.

Go ahead and tell me there's no improvement after seeing this:

All of this is true. You don't need to be an expert to notice the differences, mostly if you're watching both versions of the trailer side by side.

Read post #15...

lol.....

Hmm. Isn't it tiresome to switch between "don't believe PR" and "PR must be the truth"?

http://forums.gametrailers.com/showpost.php?p=2596526&postcount=620

Last edited by a moderator:
Back