New MGS4 trailer at Sony Keynote (July 11th)

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
Not that important I guess - it should be incredibly easy to transfer that trailer to online. (You can download movies directly to any USB device and it's not like Sony uses a proprietary format)

5.1 PSN Trailer? First of its kind or just a typo/misunderstanding? I always assumed a firmware update would be needed in order to enable more advanced audio codec playback.

5.1 PSN Trailer? First of its kind or just a typo/misunderstanding? I always assumed a firmware update would be needed in order to enable more advanced audio codec playback.

Maybe 2.0 is coming!

I am half expecting the MGS4 trailers to be hosted using their new video store interface and not on the PSN Store. I guess we will find out VERY soon. :cool:

In the last update they included H.264/MPEG-4 HIGH PROFILE, does that have to do with anything audio-related?

After watching the HD version of the trailer, it's clear they downgraded it AGAIN. What the hell happened to the motion blur? Degraded to ghosting :cry:

Textures are as low res as ever and framerate isn't completely stable yet. No HDR either. It seems they're still shooting for 60 fps since there's a couple of times in the trailer where the framerate jumps to that number for a split second.

What a dissapointment.

Exclusivity confirmed.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=79554
Earlier this evening Sony America boss Jack Tretton reconfirmed Metal Gear Solid 4 as an exclusive PS3 title.

The announcement was coupled with the appearance of Hideo Kojima at Sony's E3 conference, presenting never-before-seen real-time footage (in the West) of the game. He then revealed that it would be released worldwide in spring 2008.

The trailer filled us in on the hit Snake is hired for, and a little about his history. The veteran hero has to take care of old enemy Liquid Ocelot who will be voiced by Pat Zimmerman.

Kojima assured the crowd it would be the finale to the Metal Gear Series and said although it was a stealth game, it would be built around different elements - such as using dynamic cover on the battlefield. MGS2 character Vamp also popped his head up, with Phil LaMarr reprising his role as the voice.

The trailer was impressive, and Kojima ended the presentation with a promise to show an actual demonstration of the game on 17th July at a PlayStation premier event in Tokyo.

After watching the HD version of the trailer, it's clear they downgraded it AGAIN. What the hell happened to the motion blur? Degraded to ghosting :cry:

Textures are as low res as ever and framerate isn't completely stable yet. No HDR either. It seems they're still shooting for 60 fps since there's a couple of times in the trailer where the framerate jumps to that number for a split second.

What a dissapointment.

Sadly it is true, graphics has been downgraded and the framerate is mostly 20-30fps and with some 60fps spikes as you said. The ~20fps running part is the limited scene with several soldiers in pain. :???:

Screenshots from HD trailer from the Sony E3'07 show.
MGS4small1.jpg

MGS4small2.jpg

MGS4small3.jpg

MGS4small4.jpg

After watching the HD version of the trailer, it's clear they downgraded it AGAIN.
Not really. Still there are low-res textures when zoomed and also flickering shadows, but all character models got a good amount of retrofit and now they look very clean and detailed.

What a dissapointment.

There's clearly HDR in there..

If you're referring to bloom then fair enough..

Nebula [or anyone] can you post screenshots from the HD PSN trailer, those screens that you have posted are having waaaay to much artifacts due to bad compression.

Behold

Nebula [or anyone] can you post screenshots from the HD PSN trailer, those screens that you have posted are having waaaay to much artifacts due to bad compression.

I just went through the trouble to transfer this to my PC and take these shots from the Hires PSN version. Enjoy!

And ya the other shots posted earlier suck in comparison to this HD version.

Back