New Ipods

ipod-06-2.gif

http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=2040

Perfect timing too since my Ipod mini's battery seems to have died on me for good and I am in the market for a new one. The 8GB mini is probably what I will get.

Ya nano. Though they have alluminium bodies like the mini's. Not the soft plastic that scratches easy like the last version had.

The Nano comes in 2, 4, 8 GB sizes. The Shuffle is 1GB.

I really LOVE that new shuffle :love:

I do agree; sucker that I am I've already ordered one for delivery in October.

As an aside, my Mac Pro has arrived on Monday and it's hellishly fast. :D Now I only need to do something about the not entirely quiet fan / heatsink combination on the 1900 XT.

Its amazing what you can pass off as "new" these days.

Anway, the regular iPod and Nano are basically the same as before, but that new Shuffle, well that's like the first Apple product I think I actually could really like. Now only if they could add just a small screen on the other side.

I'm having this urge to get a 4gb Nano now (to replace my current mini), and without any good reason too. I'm such a sucker. =/

Its amazing what you can pass off as "new" these days.

Anway, the regular iPod and Nano are basically the same as before, but that new Shuffle, well that's like the first Apple product I think I actually could really like. Now only if they could add just a small screen on the other side.

The other side is the clip, so not possible...

The other side is the clip, so not possible...

Well, with a redesign it could be. I rather just drop it in my pocket and have no clip personally, if that would mean a small screen scrolling artist, album, and title.

Dunno, I usually know what artist/title I'm listening to. And the clip is nice when you wear clothes with no pockets, like when you go jogging or so. I'll definitely get me one.

And the clip is nice when you wear clothes with no pockets, like when you go jogging or so.
Armstraps FTW... Clips are more limited in the way the thing attaches. Unless the clip allows attaching it to a strap maybe. :) It would still mean a certain level of extra bulk tho...

Well even so a display would be hard to integrate I think. I like it without, though. Nothing to scratch ;)

Armstraps FTW... Clips are more limited in the way the thing attaches. Unless the clip allows attaching it to a strap maybe. :) It would still mean a certain level of extra bulk tho...

Armstraps are worse than clips, far worse IMO. Not only do they look terrible, but they are rather annoying to wear and you can only place the player in very odd locations like on your arm. With a clip at least you can do your jeans, shirt, belt loop, and if you really want a armstrap it integrates by clipping onto one of those also.

Well, with a redesign it could be. I rather just drop it in my pocket and have no clip personally, if that would mean a small screen scrolling artist, album, and title.

Heh, but then you wouldn't be a walking iPod advertisement :)

I went and bought the 30GB Video ipod (black).

Originally I wanted the 8GB Nano but it was the exact same price as the 30GB Video ipod! So changed my mind when I got to the store.

Pretty nice so far. The 30GB model is very thin. The smallest full size ipod thus far so sure. Battery life is very good even when playing video.

The color screen on it is very sweet. I'm using the 3GP_Converter to dump all sorts of movies onto it. Unfortunatlly with that converted the audio sometimes gets out of sync if its a long video (+30mins).

One video I put on it actually caused the ipod to crash when a certain part trys to play. I didnt even know it was possible to crash an ipod!

Back