Mini PC for gaming?

I'm still waiting on some more competition in the Ryzen 7 7xxx performance level. Preferably from a company I've used before. If I had to pick right now I would probably go with the Asus ExpertCenter line...

The PN53 looks nice. I like the split board design for a possible low profile rectangular 3d printed or acrylic case.

They have Ryzen 9 6900HX & Ryzen 7 6800H models which both use the Radeon 680M integrated GPU(same one in the Beelink & Minis Forum Ryzen 7 7735HS models). Not interested in the model with the Ryzen 5 6600H with the Radeon 660M GPU. Still not sure if I would go barebones or get the RAM, m2 SSD & Windows already pre-installed. Guess it would depend on the price difference of sourcing them myself.

Tommy McClain

OK, time for an update. Just over a week I decided to go ahead & buy the Beelink SER 6 Pro with the Ryzen 7 7735HS, 32gb DDR5 RAM & 500gb M.2 NVMe drive. I got it from Amazon for $511 after a $100 discount & $40 coupon. Figured it would lose the discount so I decided to buy it. The funny thing is, there is now a $150 coupon(no other discount). So it's $10 cheaper than when I got it. lol

One of the main reasons picking it over the others is lower price, smaller size & not finding the Asus model with RAM, storage & Windows included. If I bought the barebone version & then add everything I would have paid probably $100 more than the Beelink with it all included. Also, the Beelink comes with a USB 4 port with PD support. The Asus didn't.

So far I'm liking the setup. Haven't had a lot of time to play games on it, but I think from the time I've have played it will be fine for my needs.

I did get a portable 15.6" touchscreen monitor to pair with it when I'm traveling. Works great! It's made by Casking. Never heard of them, but they had a good deal on Amazon for $147 after $15 coupon.

My next goal is to get a 3d printer & work on a project to create a carry case for mobile/table-top gaming.

BTW, no I haven't opened it up yet to check the RAM & storage yet. It is quiet when not playing, but you do start to hear it get loud when it's under load.

After all that Beelink announced yesterday 2 newer models for their GTR line that use the newly announced Phoenix APUs: Ryzen 7 7840HS and Ryzen 9 7940HS

F*ck me. lol

Pre-order on Aliexpress...

$1,299? Well, I feel better about my decision. LOL

Anybody else have one or thinking of getting one?

Anybody else have one or thinking of getting one?

I got a Ser5 with Ryzen 5 5500u for 319 USD last year that I use in the living room as an HTPC, it's great. I added a 3.5" 4 TB SSD to it.

I've had no complaints about it other than I wish it had a larger less noisy fan.

Regards,
SB

I got a Ser5 with Ryzen 5 5500u for 319 USD last year that I use in the living room as an HTPC, it's great. I added a 3.5" 4 TB SSD to it.

I've had no complaints about it other than I wish it had a larger less noisy fan.

Regards,
SB

Cool. I wanted something for light gaming: access to games that I can't get on my 1X or Series X. I also wanted something that could be made portable that could play local games when Xbox Cloud doesn't work too good. I'll get to to test it out on the road when I go see my mom for Mother's Day over a week from now. I bought an aluminum carrying case to store everything. I can't wait to get it set up. Eventually I want to make a custom wood & maybe acrylic case eventually. But for now the aluminum case will be quick & functional. I will post some pics when I get it set up.

Beelink has announced a 65 watt version of mine(Radeon 7 7735HS) called the SER6 Max Ultra Version...

Still no details on their website. Looks like they provided new colors & made a new fan faceplate. Also, they removed a front USB & changed the TDP in the BIOS to 65 watts. I wonder if the internal fan or heatsink has been upgraded? Almost tempted to get it for the orange color alone. LOL

I'm baffled by that magnetic dc plug... So byebye of using dc batteries...

Btw for those looking at performance of beelink products, keep in mind that beelink usually do silent revisions that may affect performance.

Like a change in heatsink/fan could make different batches got different performance

I spotted this a couple of months ago, it appears to be using a custom case measuring 24cm x 15cm x 47cm (L x W x H), that you can configure with a 13900k and 4090, along with 360mm radiator to stop it melting. :runaway: It's tall, but even so...

Nice, but not sure it counts as 'mini'. It's footprint of 24cmx15cm is pretty much the same as the XSS. You could stack six (and a bit) to reach the same height!

Nice, but not sure it counts as 'mini'.
Sure, people have different setups. Unless you're putting a device under a desk, vertical height often isn't an issue but the footprint on the desk or stand is. I could put that thing quite comfortably next to my TV where my PS5 current is!

Back