New Gears of War Video

This video is 13 minutes full of freaking HOTNESS!! I'm sorry to sound like a kid but for all you Xbox 360 lovers out there this is the best piece of video footage you would have seen from the 360.

This video had me pissing on myself and I'm not even getting a 360. I wanted to cry so bad that I'm not going to own that, but I'll have some friend that will buy it so I'm cool.

Well here you are.

Click Here

Disclaimer: Please use the bathroom before you view.

mckmas8808 said:
This video is 13 minutes full of freaking HOTNESS!! I'm sorry to sound like a kid but for all you Xbox 360 lovers out there this is the best piece of video footage you would have seen from the 360.

This video had me pissing on myself and I'm not even getting a 360. I wanted to cry so bad that I'm not going to own that, but I'll have some friend that will buy it so I'm cool.

Well here you are.

Click Here

Disclaimer: Please use the bathroom before you view.

Nice find. But if this video was from the projector screen it does not do the game justice. I watched them playing this on stage using lcd/plasma screens. The 360 can put out some serious graphics. This is still the old build as well (1 thread of 1 core) from X05 or the Tokyo show. During the preview C. Belinski (sp) stated the new build is running on all 6 threads and twice the speed.

Is it just me? But shouldn’t the lights on the soldier’s shoulders and guns create some type of ambient lighting around dark areas or general surrounding. Even better yet create some type of self shadowing technique if the light is pointed on objects, soldier, or anything else requiring real-time shadowing when a light source is presented. Just seems odd…bright as the soldier shoulder pads lights are; they don’t create the slightest hint of refracting light on surfaces especially dark walls. :???:

Very nice, though obviously the fact this is pretty much a home video of the game being played on a projector... not the best way to view it. You can still tell the game looks amazing.

It also looks fun, but I have a serious concern: It seems the gameplay consists almost entirely of hiding behind cover and mowing down the enemy with near total impunity.

(I also understand it is a demo..)

It's got the look, the mood, and the concept to be a system seller. Some of the moments in that video looked downright cinematic.

Old.

Seems to hold up well to UT 2007 though. Both games lack wide open enviroments I notice. A concession to graphical stardom?

Would like to see new footage, and in higher qaulity.

It's quite nice where he looks at the character model though. It looks as good as all those stills.

This gen does that. PGR3, it's amazing all that high qaulity media is really in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Serenity Painted Death said:
It also looks fun, but I have a serious concern: It seems the gameplay consists almost entirely of hiding behind cover and mowing down the enemy with near total impunity.

I wonder about this too. Additionally the mechanic looked rather frustrating to me, as it seemed to seriously elongate the process of dealing with an enemy. You're hiding and firing, and most of the time you seem to miss the mark.

Nerve-Damage said:
Is it just me? But shouldn’t the lights on the soldier’s shoulders and guns create some type of ambient lighting around dark areas or general surrounding. Even better yet create some type of self shadowing technique if the light is pointed on objects, soldier, or anything else requiring real-time shadowing when a light source is presented. Just seems odd…bright as the soldier shoulder pads lights are; they don’t create the slightest hint of refracting light on surfaces especially dark walls. :???:

I think they will implement it somewhere done the line.

not too impressed with this video, the quality left a lot to be desired. I've seen others that looked much better. thanks for the link though.

WOW :oops:

vid kicks ass gfx is jawdropping and gamplay is amazing !!! this game looks so fun so fresh i want GoW so badly right now !!!!!

Finally a can see the 2 video, very nice, impressive visuals too, looks really fun, yet I wonder how much replay value it will have.

pc999 said:
Finally a can see the 2 video, very nice, impressive visuals too, looks really fun, yet I wonder how much replay value it will have.

CliffyB did mention multiple paths that could be taken through a level. Plus there is co-op and that adds more variety in the paths. He described it essentially as player 1 going down path A, player 2 down path B or vice versa, then both players going down path A or both players going down path B.

Interestingly enough... I dont like the "water level" The rain just looks like white vectors... would prefer the effect "particles of water"...

blakjedi said:
Interestingly enough... I dont like the "water level" The rain just looks like white vectors... would prefer the effect "particles of water"...

Ya im not sold on it either. I'll reserve judgement until i see it in person though.

OTOH, game play looks like MORE fun than i thought. I was initally very skeptical.

BTW, if you listen, apparently this is the same build from TGS, not a newer one. Rein cliams they had final hardware for 2 weeks before TGS. Not sure if thats new info to anyone but me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Serenity Painted Death said:

(I also understand it is a demo..)

CliffyB has said this game will basically force you to take cover, just like in real life. If you stand out in the open you are dead, you have to take cover, and use that cover to stay alive.

He says he's trying to create a new sub-genre, "pop and shoot" something like that.

scooby_dooby said:
CliffyB has said this game will basically force you to take cover, just like in real life. If you stand out in the open you are dead, you have to take cover, and use that cover to stay alive.

He says he's trying to create a new sub-genre, "pop and shoot" something like that.
How could he create it, when killswitch did it first? Maybe perfect it, but create it no.

Back