New Forum FAQ (change is scary and wonderful). Issues and features of the new XenForo forum

Shifty Geezer

uber-Troll!
Legend
Given questions popping up all over the shop, I'll consolidate info in this FAQ. Please direct people asking answered questions here. Add any discoveries and I'll include them in this first post.

1) Where's the edit button?
Permissions are currently screwy and it's not working yet. So don't write those offensive trolls with a view to deleting them after the fact! Update: Edit button has been added for some usergroups. If you should have one and don't, please report back in Feedback thread.

2) It's too bright!
Themes are an option, and with everyone's whinging I'm sure black on black will arrive real soon. ;)
There's not a B3D Dark theme including the original orange colour. Forums are shown in two columns in this theme. Report back if you like it or not.

3) Tapatalk not working
Try removing B3D from Tapatalk and then adding it again.

4) Notifications with everything!
In case you're myopic like myself and can't see where to set notification preferences under your profile Preferences, there's a separate Alert Preferences under your profile. Either hover over your name in the top right and select Alert Preferences, or hover over the notification flag and there's an option on the bottom.

5) New posts buried under old posts!
The forum effectively considers everything new. To reset that, there's a Mark Forums Read option in the top left, although you will of course mark anything new since the board went live as read.

6) Posts not appearing for other people
There's currently an issue where some people's posts need moderator approval (notably Veteran users). Should be fixed now.

7) Clicking "Quote" doesn't quote
Quotes are automatically included when replying to a post. The "Quote" button is therefore a multiquote button for adding several responses to the one post.

What's new?

I'll add any recommendations for people to be made aware of here.

1) File upload.
You can attach files to upload, eliminating the need to use off-site image hosting etc.Select the Upload a File option when posting and you can either include it as an thumbnail (people have to click to see) or make it full size embedded inline with your post.

Have your say

Site Feedback thread, for discussing the changes and requesting more and darker themes from Rys:
http://forum.beyond3d.com/threads/forum-software-change.56235/.
Rys has done an amazing job adding improvements and tweaks. Usergroups with edit privileges has been added, and the animated online dot is now subdued. Any suggestions, do post.

Last edited:
Should probably add the suggestion to mark all forums readto have latest unread working properly.

Back