New Forza 2 CG Trailer

Either they are waaaay behind schedule or literally 60% of the features they have hyped are not in/making it in.

Utterly dissappointing. I smell a 2007 release. The question now: Can they get all the missing features enabled and working correctly, at 60fps/720p/4xMSAA by release?

yep as suspected, since they don't have that stuff implemented (working) yet... 2007 here we come. :smile:

Che posted:
Forza 2 will no longer ship in Holiday 2006 -- a new date will be given at X06.
Keep in mind that the game is far from finished and many of the graphical effects have yet to be stabilized in the build (HDR and various other car shaders). Sometimes you turn something on and it breaks other things. I dunno, there's a lot of weird code dependencies and complexities that I'm learning about game development and none it seems very easy.

Forza 2 will look really good when it's finished. Obviously, the game isn't finished right now. At this point, we'll probably keep releasing new assets going forward and hope folks like what they see and play in the months to come.

p.s. 3d grass exists but weren't in the screenshots.
OMGWTF!!11

Last edited by a moderator:
SHIT. No Forza this holidays :cry:

I will commend MS for postponing the game and making th right move, of course this always sucks, but I want it to be a completely kick ass game, and if they need more time, they need more time.

Really, this sucks though, probably my #1 most anticipated game since I bought the 360 (save mass effect) just slipped.

SHIT. No Forza this holidays :cry:

I will commend MS for postponing the game and making th right move, of course this always sucks, but I want it to be a completely kick ass game, and if they need more time, they need more time.

Really, this sucks though, probably my #1 most anticipated game since I bought the 360 (save mass effect) just slipped.

Well now we know why the wheel is shipping with an SE of PGR3. Sort of a way to not 'punish' those who bought it at launch or since...

Better to delay it then to rush out an incomplete, ugyl and perhaps even unplayable version just to make it to Christmas...

Better to delay it then to rush out an incomplete, ugyl and perhaps even unplayable version just to make it to Christmas...

Agreed, I would be much more dissapointed if they rushed it out incomplete, than if it was delayed 3 or 4 months. Still, the fact that they couldn't make the deadline is very dissapointing, what else is new though. Ah well, maybe the new wheel will get me to enjoy PGR3 more....:???:

Any delay on this game is not because it's not ready, more likely because MS knows they can sell out every 360 they ship just with Gears of War, and would rather put some extra features in it to screw over Sony spring 2007 when GT4:HD comes out for PS3 and PSP "PS3 Relaunch FTW" "Oh nos Xbox 360 flood!"

Any delay on this game is not because it's not ready, more likely because MS knows they can sell out every 360 they ship just with Gears of War, and would rather put some extra features in it to screw over Sony spring 2007 when GT4:HD comes out for PS3 and PSP "PS3 Relaunch FTW" "Oh nos Xbox 360 flood!"

Doubtful. GOW is a shooter, MS is attempting to reacha much broader demographic this time around. They won't be sellng out every 360 they ship either, if they do that's a major strategic error.

Too Human is going to slip, Forza has slipped, Crackdown will probably slip(just speculation), I would say MS needs as many titles as possible this holiday and the numbers are shrinking.

I don't think Crackdown is going to slip. Also there's still uknown titles MS is working on.

MS has totally screwed Forza 2 PR. The CG trailers were questionable but the payoff is quite obviously bad. Che/Turn10 can say they're early all they want. I don't really care. I shouldn't have to make or accept excuses for them. They've kept real media from me for this long and then show that stuff? If you're going to save impressions that long, make it worth my while. What they've done is just embarrassing.

Yeah, the game needs to be delayed. The developers should work on producing a game that sounds and looks like the game they've been talking about.

The official line on the shots... They're the same as Blimblim's (only smaller).

It's the moment we at Turn 10 have been waiting for ever since the project began, but here at last, is your first look at Forza Motorsport 2, the Xbox 360's premier racing simulator. Although these screens represent a title that's still a work in progress, we're happy with the game engine foundations these snapshots reveal -- gorgeous, detailed car models, an all-new in-game hood view, and our continued pursuit for visual realism as the game moves into its final polishing stage of development. In the months to come, expect the floodgates to open as we show off more tracks, more cars, and announce new features to the Forza Motorsport franchise that will guarantee FM2 becomes more than simply a game but a competitive lifestyle you'll live out on your Xbox 360.

http://forzamotorsport.net/090506-1.htm

I don't mind if a game is delayed as long as it's coming to market up to standard.
Nothings worse than a highly expected game taht's rushed to market. I wish the publishers would understand that and not force a good game to be born premature.

Perfect example of a game breaking is in Saint's Row. For the first time, I saw a helicopter being used to catch my character, and it turned on a flood light. The quality of the light was amazing... if fairly stark in contrast... then ... dun dun dundunduuunnnnn... Slowdown. Nothing moved on the screen at its proper rate and the screen suffered from tearing ... I say why put in an effect which while not completely destructive, does not operate to give the intended effect?

I'm glad FM@ is delayed... i'm just worried about a glut of good games coming in 07 Assasins creed, bioshock, splinter cell, gta, halo, FM2 etc etc...

MS has totally screwed Forza 2 PR. The CG trailers were questionable but the payoff is quite obviously bad. Che/Turn10 can say they're early all they want. I don't really care. I shouldn't have to make or accept excuses for them. They've kept real media from me for this long and then show that stuff? If you're going to save impressions that long, make it worth my while. What they've done is just embarrassing.

Yeah, the game needs to be delayed. The developers should work on producing a game that sounds and looks like the game they've been talking about.

I hardly think what they've done is embarrasing. They've promised a game that looks better than PGR3 and based on the results so far...

http://www.planet-xbox.de/img/articles/3129/Project-Gotham-Racing-3-3.jpg
http://images.xboxyde.com/gallery/public/4062/847_0005.jpg

I think they've succeeded. And that's comparing screenshots from an incomplete Beta build.

Not much can be said from such a blurred replay type shot where basically only thing visible and open to judgement is 2/3rd of a cars rear end.
I wouldn't judge anything by 2/3rd of a rear unless it's a very very good 2/3rd of a rear.

Back