New Forza 2 CG Trailer

nice post acert93
1thumbsup.gif

The screens are confirmed real:

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/35/15574/ShowThread.aspx#15574

Here's my crosspost from another forum:

Those leaked screens are real. First leaked batch were from a really old build which we had to use to make print magazine deadlines. Second batch (the same batch I'll post in the morning) are the official first screens of the game. Oh well. If you think they look awful or whatever, I'm not here to change your mind -- not much I can do about that. The haters will hate, I suppose. All this forum drama is pretty nuts.

Keep in mind that the game is far from finished and many of the graphical effects missing in these screenshots have yet to be stabilized in the build (HDR and various other car shaders). If you're going to nitpick the visual minutae of a game, wouldn't it make more sense to do so with something that's not a work-in-progress? Sometimes you turn something on in the current builds and it breaks other things. I dunno, there's a lot of weird code dependencies and complexities that I'm learning about in games development and none it seems very easy.

Forza 2 will look really good when it's finished. Obviously, the game isn't finished right now. At this point, we'll probably keep releasing new assets going forward and hope folks like what they see and play in the months to come.

p.s. 3d grass exists but weren't in the screenshots. OMGWTF!!11

p.p.s. we don't have time to implement HDR1!11 can somebudy plz help"!!1

p.p.p.s. seriously, get a grip people.

I'm sure it'll be fine in the end once they add all the polish.

Make it a rootbeer and we have a deal! :devilish: /me looks for Che's phonenumber...

:LOL:

On the subject of the leaked shots - like I've posted before: what's all the fuzz about? The car models are among the best I've ever seen (still looking for poly edges), and once they've polished it I'm sure everything will be fine (edit: I see I stole joe's line, sorry dude!).

Chill%20Pill.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks.

And I agree that the cars are pretty good already.

If you compare to, say, GT4, then you can see in GT4 that there are some rough areas, and edges visible in what should be smooth surfaces.

I also sometimes get the impression by the way that some of the details in GT4 are made up with textures rather than polygons.

http://img377.imageshack.us/my.php?image=audia38mj.jpg

All in all, the Forza 2 car model looks to be a pretty solid fundation, and we'll have to wait and see what the shader effects are going to be like.

For me the car behaviour on the force feedback wheel is more important though. ;)

The screens are confirmed real:

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/35/15574/ShowThread.aspx#15574

I'm sure it'll be fine in the end once they add all the polish.
Is that a response from a developer? :oops:

One would think a more professional attitude would have been expected, instead of telling people to "get a grip" and acting like a forum funboi, he could have just told the facts!
That doesn't show much confidence in what he's doing (if indeed he's a dev).

If they don't want people to critisize the screens, they really shouldn't release them if they are at such an early stage.
Put them on net and they will be critisized. Every other game is, they have no reason to expect they have earned some exclusive immunity from critisism!
They only have that much time to improve if the game is at that stage, and release is later this year.

"3D grass" and spectators, HDR and "car shaders" might do the trick of course, but if it's turning out so hard to implement them, that gives a reason for doubt.

One would think a more professional attitude would have been expected, instead of telling people to "get a grip" and acting like a forum funboi, he could have just told the facts!
That doesn't show much confidence in what he's doing (if indeed he's a dev).

He's actually quite professional. He's being sarcastic at the end of his post, evidently... We also have quite a few sarcastic devs on here you know, it's hard to resist temptation when some kids are just asking for it ;)

supposedly no

che on GAF said that they would be releasing exclusive pics on tuesday from the newest build that were not previously released to magazines weeks ago to meet lead times, which is what those pics were (old build magazine shots).

but... I guess we'll know soon enough for sure :)

So, they were the same screens.

I am sorry but I dont get the point of releasing old build screens to magazines which were eventually leaked and newer builds which still have no effects added and then say it will come off good? Why show the game in the first place if the main graphical assetts that differentiate it from Forza 1 are not even in place?

HDR is not there
3d Grass is not there
Global Illumination is not there
Car Shaders are not there

Why even show the game if these main components which make up the graphical beauty in the purported game arent being shown off? Hasnt che heard of the remark "First Impressions are lasting impressions"? He was in the business of 1up and knew the process that How people react to the first shots and if they are not impressive the hype drops immediately? Didnt he see the debacle of Too Human? Dennis Dyack also said the game was having issues because he added a streaming code update and the camera and fps were effected, Why would you even make the games gameplay public if its not impressive enough for the world to see? Bullshots would have been much more effective or have a team make up a temporary screenshot of all the final desired effects in a couple of screens even if the framerate came down to 20 fps, atleast the stills would look great.

Obviously, they (the publisher) had an agreement with a magazine(s) to provide ingame pics to set date.
Maybe they've run into some unexpected obstackles during development, but had to have something to give to the magazine, thus the less than expected quality of screens.

Obviously, they (the publisher) had an agreement with a magazine(s) to provide ingame pics to set date.
Maybe they've run into some unexpected obstackles during development, but had to have something to give to the magazine, thus the less than expected quality of screens.

if screens were all they wanted why not make a build with ALL the effects added in even if the framerate goes down to 10 fps unoptimised just to show how the game will look finally? This is something that Bizarre did so sucessfully with PGR3.

those are the exact same old screens.

I haven't seen 'm before (except for one). They do look from the same build though... So there is still hope for even better screenies. :p

Edit - those screens aren't from the official FM site either.

those are the exact same old screens.

exactly, why damage the situation further. sure the screens to magz were old and were leaked by one of the magz ppl, but why dont they just say those screens were from a really old build. Releasing even more non magz screens which essentially have all the major effects missing underhypes the game to a level where its competing with GT:HD

They are busy meeting the release date, and not having too much time to make builds specifically for PR and publications.
Turn 10 is quite a small dev team, am I right? They only have that much resources.

They are busy meeting the release date, and not having too much time to make builds specifically for PR and publications.
Turn 10 is quite a small dev team, am I right? They only have that much resources.

Well Che has hinted that the release date has been changed further from Winter to even later. He hinted its gone upto March 2007 at Neogaf forums

Che used to work for the Ziff Davis group at 1UP.com untill earlier this year when he quit to go join the Microsoft Games division.

IIRC, all his previous experience is as a journalist/community coordinator and he is not an artist or engineer. I don't think he is actually building any games himself. He is busy doing stuff game developers do... except the part about making games. But yes, I guess he is a dev now.

Why even show the game if these main components which make up the graphical beauty in the purported game arent being shown off? Hasnt che heard of the remark "First Impressions are lasting impressions"?
In the gaming world I don't think that holds true. What really matters is what's on show when the game is out. No matter how much positive PR shot spin you add prior to release, or how bad the development shots are leading up to release, the actual release game is what people on the whole judge the visuals by. Looking at Untold Legends we've seen a game badly represented improving over time. The initially uber-naff screens won't matter at all based on what the final game actually looks like. Likewise if Forza 2 does grow to include all the tooted features and look as stunning as we're hoping, these shots won't matter one jiffy.

It's perplexing why developers release poor shots from early builds. I guess they just want to prove the game is being worked on? That won't stop the game being appreciated on release for what it does or doesn't offer though.

Che used to work for the Ziff Davis group at 1UP.com untill earlier this year when he quit to go join the Microsoft Games division.

IIRC, all his previous experience is as a journalist/community coordinator and he is not an artist or engineer. I don't think he is actually building any games himself. He is busy doing stuff game developers do... except the part about making games. But yes, I guess he is a dev now.

thats like gettin paid to post stuff at forums
cool :cool:

Back