New Crackdown Screens

Speaking of DownLoadable Content, how would everybody else rank their requests were they given the chance to decide the order things were released in, and/or add new things in?

We know that the kinds of things that ARE coming or have been taken under suggestion thus far include:
Gadgets (extremely likely)
New skins (extremely likely)
4Th Island group (possible)
Saved Replays/youtube-like upload service (possible)
New Vehicles (??? Logically quite possible)
New weapons (See above)
New gangs (possible)

Personally, I'd like to see things appear in this order:
I. Saved Replays--I don't necessarily need an upload service over Live at this point, but I definitely want a saved replay feature so I can play things back, look at it from different angles, etc. Some of the best stuff is.... well, the footage upped to youtube really does speak for itself. (a few skins--2 or 3--tossed in along with it would be a nice bonus as well)

==Timeframe: Fairly soon. (within the first month would be nice, though without knowledge as to the amount of coding and testing required for this feature, and time for content creation of character skins, this may be perfectly reasonable or hopelessly out of the question)
==Cost: Free. Nothing more need be said

II. Gadgets--this kind of stuff didn't make it to the game, but anything that significantly expands the sandbox toolbox over the entire gameworld as it stands (i.e., 3 large island groups and 3 gangs as of now) would be the coolest thing. (Sprinkle some new agency vehicle love in here as well).

==Timeframe: First half of this year. Since they're something we know to have been shelved, hopefully this isn't a huge strain to get out within such a timeframe. This DLC might be a good candidate for its own set of achievements (whether it's the full 250 allowed for premium or not... probably not, but it should include a chunk of those 250)
==Cost: Free or Premium. One would argue that it should be free since it was originally planned to be in the game but was shelved. But, it was cut so that the rest of the game could be released as a more focused and polished experience. This is probably far from free to make, nor should it be as insignificant as DLC Pack 1 in terms of changing gameplay.

III. 4Th Island group and a new gang for it go hand in hand. New weapons to spice things up (i.e., with perhaps a more sci-fi bent to them) would also be great. In fact, at this point if there were a "little bit of everything" that continued on from here, it would be great.

==Timeframe: This year (very near the end of it).
==Cost: Premium. It needs its own set of achievements (let's say, 100 to 150 of the 250 that a game can add with premium content) for the new gang and city.

Miscellaneous The last 100 achievement points of the game's initial 1000 needs to be released at some point as well. I suspect RTW will look at the community for a fair number of months before deciding what to include in this set. New skins, vehicles (agency or otherwise), weapons and gadgets, and such should be spread around in terms of release date at some point after they're introduced as outlined above.

You know what, that would be kinda cool....
I've seen it suggested before, and some super-powered enemies with missions attached to them would be pretty awesome. Someone more comparable to an agent. I actually wouldn't be surprised if RTW has thought of and considered such a thing already. We'll see if it ever comes to fruition.

Maybe Switch It Up
Even though I mentioned gadgets coming out before a 4th island group, it may make more sense for RTW to switch them around. There's no doubt significantly, significantly more content involved with a 4th island group as oppsed to a new set of "tools," but while the former expands the size of the world, gadgets have the potential to add more replay value to every single area of the game. That people still love what the game has to offer after playing a stinkin' demo for... as long as a retail game already (I'm quite guilty here, I assure you), is testament to how solid and fun the gameplay is now. Expanding on the sandbox in terms of tools isn't really necessary now, and may have a larger impact later, as a form of reinvigorating the game.

Well there's a few things I want to see.

1. Super powered, bigger, and meaner enemies.
2. The ability to catch objects.
3. More animations

I've had this game since last Thursday...

I've liberated a third of the city (and made progress on the 2nd gang). Enjoying it a lot... Don't find it too easy on the default difficulty, if you rush into a "boss-fight" you're usually dead quite quickly. You can also change the difficulty / look of the agent at will, which is nice.
Upgraded agility to 3 stars, the rest of the stats are lagging behind. The rooftop and road race are great fun, although the civilians always seem to hop in front of my car, which gets the Agency on my ass.

Strangely enough, the game feels fair in that if you get hit by a grenade, a rocket or some other explosion you can be dead rather quickly (especially at the beginning); the same happens if you do it to the bad guys. Only there's one of you and 30 of them, usually...

Grenade launcher + rocket launcher + limpet mines FTW!

Well there's a few things I want to see.

1. Super powered, bigger, and meaner enemies.
2. The ability to catch objects.
3. More animations

Master, you only get three wishes. Are you sure you want to use them all on one game?

:?:

I don't expect a whole lot of improved from the demo. They haven't had a whole lot of time since then and I imagine most of that time was spent fixing/tweaking things, not adding - but I'll be happy if I'm pleasantly surprised. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
[maven];931785 said:
I've had this game since last Thursday...

I've liberated a third of the city (and made progress on the 2nd gang). Enjoying it a lot... Don't find it too easy on the default difficulty, if you rush into a "boss-fight" you're usually dead quite quickly. You can also change the difficulty / look of the agent at will, which is nice.
Upgraded agility to 3 stars, the rest of the stats are lagging behind. The rooftop and road race are great fun, although the civilians always seem to hop in front of my car, which gets the Agency on my ass.

Strangely enough, the game feels fair in that if you get hit by a grenade, a rocket or some other explosion you can be dead rather quickly (especially at the beginning); the same happens if you do it to the bad guys. Only there's one of you and 30 of them, usually...

Grenade launcher + rocket launcher + limpet mines FTW!

:oops: How did you pull that off? :oops:
I am quite excited about tommorrow.

Anyone without a pre-order pick this up today?

I am looking to head out on my lunch break and pick it up. I am hoping there will be no issues with availabilty.

Anyone without a pre-order pick this up today?

I am looking to head out on my lunch break and pick it up. I am hoping there will be no issues with availabilty.

Made 2 stops:

Best Buy - Total on shelf this morning (50.) Left when I got there - (10)

GameStop - He wouldn't tell me how many they received or how many pre-orders they had, but only had 6 left.

This was mid-afternoon US. With that being said...My game is hand and now I'll be slowly looking at the clock until I get off...I'll post my thoughts/impressions later!

Thanks partly due to the Halo 3 beta invite, I bet this game will be the next 1M seller. :smile:

Hopefully I will have enough funds to put my hands on this soon.

Just picked it up and put about an hour in, have 1 star agility and nearly 1star in strenght. Man, firearms takes for-e-v-e-r to level up in the retail version, which is a good thing I guess.

I started the game on pyschotic and I think it's great, very challenging, I'm getting shot down quite a bit but it really makes you feel fairly weak against the gang members, which will make the evolution that much more rewarding.

Great game so far!

Picked this up plus the free Halo 3 faceplate at CircuitCity this morning. Haven't really had a chance to play because I have several Midterms this week. :cry:

Is there an ETA on the Halo 3 beta yet??

Some initial impressions:

-Rock solid framerate. If theres slow down, I haven't seen it yet. Even with about 15 cars flying in the air.

-I dont think its fair to compare this game to GTA. While they are similar, they are very different beasts.

This game is FUN! At this stage in my life, I don't find myself spending much over an hour or so in a sitting. This game is going to throw that right out the window. The world is HUGE. While Oblivion was big, it wasn't as chock full of stuff to keep me occupied. You would find yourself running/riding between sights waiting for something to happen. You go around the corner in Crackdown and you need to decide if you want to do some driving, some slaying, or chase after some of those orbs you see glowing off in the distance.

I'm very much looking forward to get locked into some solid co-op play. It doesn't really compare to Gears co-op, but its entertaining on another parralel.

This is a no-brainer purchase. I don't purchase many games at launch, or full price for that matter, but this was an easy decision.

At this point, I have only done stuff in the 'demo' area and haven't ventured out yet. But, standing on some of the rooftops, looking at the AMAZING draw distance, has me psyched to wander over there.

Oh yeah, and it comes with Halo 3 beta. Easy 8.5 out of 10 for now.

There's an easy way to describe this game after playing it way too much:
It's not the best game I've played, but good god it is easily the funnest game I've ever played :)

It's like someone synthesized crack into game form. I can't put it down, and there's no chance in hell I can stop trying to get one just one more agility powerup. Scaling walls by climbing from window to window, sailing from rooftop to rooftop, firing a grenade into a group of baddies and watching their flaming bodies spiral down to the pavement. And it just feels so natural, it took me like 5 minutes to get used to the controls. Hell, I never even care when I die, cause not only is it usually an insanely entertaining death, I just regenerate my body at the nearest agency supply point with all skills intact.

I can't wait until my little brother picks this up back home, I have a feeling coop is going to be even better. Rocket tag with heat seeking

Also, the achievements are really pretty good. My favorite one so far is the "Airtime Assassin", which I got by grenading 5 guys at the same time while jumping from one roof to another. Most of the achievements are quite natural as well, so many times when you do something pretty cool you find yourself getting one.

Hell, I never even care when I die, cause not only is it usually an insanely entertaining death, I just regenerate my body at the nearest agency supply point with all skills intact.

While I agree with your opinion of the game, this point is not entirely true. Your skill progress (i.e. the little bars below the numbers) resets on death, and toward the later levels they fill up quite slowly. This discourages you from dying, but the punishment isn't too severe.

I really love the free-form nature of the game. It doesn't boss you around, only gives you pointers to what you could be doing. And as many have said, it may not be the technically best (although still very impressive IMO with the huge scale and draw distance with not perceived slow-down) game ever, but it certainly is the most fun I've had in a while.

Agility seems to be the easiest and most compelling to upgrade (4* now :D), firepower levels up quite quickly in the beginning, but is then replaced by explosives as soon as you obtain grenade and rocket launchers. Strength is very useful (expanded energy bar), but you have to remember to use CQC to increase it. My driving is very low though (2*).

Coop mode is great, just for faffing about as well as making progress. Get a pick up truck and get your partner in the back for some gang drive-by shooting, or simply jumping of ramp trucks. They've also included competitive elemts (like tracking kills, but also things like time differences between checkpoints when the both of you are performing races).

Wow, I intended to play an hour last night. Spent three. Getting the green and blue orbs is quite addicting. I enjoy picking off the gang members from a far. That and throwing grenades into a group of them. Did anyone else notice your skill bar decreases if you kill innocent bystandards?

Same here, we were playing with my best friend and decided to stop around midnight... but it was already 2 AM !
This game is incredibly fun and addictive. I play on ruthless but I might increase the difficulty since I now have a level 3 grenade launcher.
I want to go back home and play ;)

I played for 3 hours last night when my original intention was to stop on two occasions. Then I thought, just one more agility orb. Then I kept playing and killed one of the bosses. This game is pure fun. I'm already thinking about playing it right now :)

Back