New Crackdown Screens

I haven't played it yet but the combat looks way more fun and easier to control then I remember any of the GTA games being.

great game IMO with huge draw distance, tons of enemies, quality effects and fun gameplay.... sleeper hit here.

Not quite my type of game, but still very fun.

Playing coop was impressive, no obvious lag at all. And still the same general crazyness.
It's impressive you can both go to complete different ends of the map at once, I was trying to climb the ferris wheel while my friend was out taking down gang leaders.

At one point, we both got to the top of a rather large building, which had a gang leader at the top. We both rushed him, and I went to kick... And managed to kick my friend off the building :) he died :p

I guess I'm disappointed in one way, it's all so perfectly comic book super hero secret agent, yet there is no super villain rampaging and devastating the city... And no real story I guess. Ohh well, it does what it does, and does it bloody well.

And seeing real life Ads in the game does kinda look silly. I saw at least one ad for the dodge car brand.

I agree it will be fun, but I think this game will be anything but a "sleeper". It comes with the Halo3 Beta after all!

:LOL:

yes but only Pre-ordered versions of the game so after release it will in general, not be included AFAIK.

So I still think this one will sneak up on those that didn't see it on marketplace or read about it online. But yea... the Halo 3 Marketing tie in is pure genius. :D

yes but only Pre-ordered versions of the game so after release it will in general, not be included AFAIK.

So I still think this one will sneak up on those that didn't see it on marketplace or read about it online. But yea... the Halo 3 Marketing tie in is pure genius. :D

I forgot about the Halo 3 beta.

I bet this game sells 1 mil copies in 6 weeks.

A Microsoft representative confirmed to IGN that every copy of the initial run of Crackdown includes an invite to the Halo 3 beta. If you want in on the beta (and didn't earn an invite by other means), purchase a copy of Crackdown on February 20 and you'll be set. You can even purchase a copy on February 21 or even March 15 and still be in the clear.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/758/758236p1.html

Man it's a little cruel of them to release the demo so far ahead of the game, I want to play it so bad, but it's such a piss off everytime the demo ends and all my stats are wiped out.

It's a great demo, because you can set various goals for yourslef to complete within 1 hour, and have lots of fun, but at the same time really frustrating that you can just play the game!!

Very effecitve demo, just wish I didn't have to wait a whole month :devilish:

A Microsoft representative confirmed to IGN that every copy of the initial run of Crackdown includes an invite to the Halo 3 beta. If you want in on the beta (and didn't earn an invite by other means), purchase a copy of Crackdown on February 20 and you'll be set. You can even purchase a copy on February 21 or even March 15 and still be in the clear.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/758/758236p1.html

cool

did not know that thanks! :cool:

I really hope this game gets the attention it deserves. After playing the demo to death, this is one of those rare games that is so simple and addicting, but somehow deep and complex at the same time. IMHO, this is the best game on the 360 to date, and would recommend to anyone to at least give it a try.

I really hope this game gets the attention it deserves. After playing the demo to death, this is one of those rare games that is so simple and addicting, but somehow deep and complex at the same time. IMHO, this is the best game on the 360 to date, and would recommend to anyone to at least give it a try.

This game will absolutely get the attention it deserves. Even without the Halo 3 beta included I think it would of received adequate attention. But, that beta is the Ace in the hole. Especially since every copy gets it.

that interview deserves a blurb... ;)

But Jones spoke to MTV News — more candidly than most game makers — about the anxieties that come with working on a game for years and then releasing it to the mercy of the gaming public. He also detailed the unusual decisions made to make sure that his game gets a shot, including a "Halo 3" marketing gimmick he says didn't bruise his ego.

"This game does not look good in screenshots," Jones said during the interview, unprompted. "That is probably the biggest thing I've struggled with." The Pacific City of "Crackdown" stretches as far as the eye can see. No fog obscures buildings several blocks away. When the player drives through the city at top speeds, the frame rate is smooth. But that doesn't show in stills.
So long ago, Jones realized, people were writing his game off. Pacific City's citizens, outlined in black, look cartoonish. When "Crackdown" appears in stills, it looks a bit simple. "In screenshots, it pales in [comparison] to a great-looking, realistic-looking shot."

When Jones checked focus groups to see what they thought of the game, he discovered that for the first 10 or 15 minutes, they didn't get it. They took control of a super-cop out to knock off gangs stationed throughout a sprawling city, but so what? In early minutes, they'd yet to experience the main gimmick of "Crackdown": the concept that every shot fired made the super-cop they controlled a better shot, that every barrel heaved made them stronger until eventually they could pitch cars, that every low rooftop reached would bring them closer to the power to leap buildings in a single bound. Those abilities didn't kick in when people took control of their super-cop right at the start. "People weren't quite sure, because at that level, you're kind of like most characters in most other games." Once their super-cop strengthened and started jumping rooftops, their thumbs went up. It was just a gradual sell.

... more

Agree with the last few posts, it's possibly the funnest 360 game I've played but I thought it was just simple GTA crap in the first ten minutes. In graphics, it's not a game that will impress you with it's screenshots (although I love the art style) but when you're flying across from rooftop-to-rooftop across the city to your target there is no other game that pulls off the same feeling.

Plus, the multiplayer co-op is AWESOME.

The shooting and the stat-building parts of the game just go together really well.

It's worth mentioning in the demo the rate at which you level up is increased so you could level up some skills all the way if you wanted to see what it looks like (driving for example).

Back