New Crackdown Screens

I wish I could say the same, but I'm stuck at about 84%. If I restart it, I can watch the numbers go up really fast until it hits about 90%. Besides that, it's... a.... slow... process.

It's truly infuriating, whatever the cause of it is. What was all the money for the console and Live every year for, MS? Broken consoles (2) and broken service(big new downloads)?

When all is said and done, I don't know if I'm going to be able to enjoy the demo or if I'm just going to nitpick every facet of it because of all this **** today. Just another thing in a growing list that makes today one hell of a ****ty day.

It took me 25 minutes to download the demo.

Man this game is a blast to play, jumping around and finding agility orbs is awesome and the combat is a lot of fun too. I'm gonna buy this game for sure, and hope they make a sequel. I can thik of lots of idea they could add to the game. Man this is fun!

Between qroach and shifty... if either of them actually LIKE a game its probably a buy!

I wish I could say the same, but I'm stuck at about 84%. If I restart it, I can watch the numbers go up really fast until it hits about 90%. Besides that, it's... a.... slow... process.

It's truly infuriating, whatever the cause of it is. What was all the money for the console and Live every year for, MS? Broken consoles (2) and broken service(big new downloads)?

When all is said and done, I don't know if I'm going to be able to enjoy the demo or if I'm just going to nitpick every facet of it because of all this **** today. Just another thing in a growing list that makes today one hell of a ****ty day.

what region are you downloading it from?

Wow aren't we feeling crazy today. Crackdown is just a video game my son.

Played it for a while, very nice. Definitely the best-looking sandbox game so far (ugh, Just Cause...). The view distance is huge. The "building interiors hinted at behind windows" effect described in another thread here is very nice and I'm sure it will be massively adopted; not sure if I would have noticed it if I hadn't read about it, though :)

Ah i can't wait to check that out. Downloading now :)

Initial comments sound very promising indeed.. and here I am, working at 11:38pm with nothing better to do since the download's soooooooooo slow. At 53% after something like 2 hours :(

what region are you downloading it from?

I'm in the Southwestern United States; Phoenix Arizona to be specific.

Wow aren't we feeling crazy today. Crackdown is just a video game my son.

It's not about the game. It's about several hundred dollars invested in stuff that is expected to work, thank you. Unless perhaps you enjoy paying for defective products? ;)

It wouldn't have been a big deal if it had happened tomorrow instead of today, were the service free instead of costing $50 a year, if it hadn't happened with just about every major new download that gets swamped (where I've yet to be one of the lucky ones not impacted--I just want my fair shake for once, or twice), it's the fact that it wasn't even consistently slow--I had to delete the demo literally 6 times because it would stall for 30+ minutes, and then it would blaze through the previous progress and add 5% on top of it. Then it would hit a wall again. Consistent only in being broken and annoying. Issue seemed to be fixed eventually, however, as it (slowly) progressed to completion without needing me to intervene again.

Regardless, the game is excellent. The graphics are impressive given the scale, and there's a nice variety everywhere. I don't think I saw two places that looked the same except for the supply depot (2 deaths :D)--since I actually headed off in different direcitons each time, that means I didn't go to two places that actually were the same. Weapons play is good fun. Tons of stuff on screen at once. I didn't try the sticky bombs, however. Good variety of weapons too, I was afraid it might have been a rather limited variety, but thankfully it isn't.

Switching from one enemy to the next was a little annoying, but I was growing accustomed to it by the end. I'll probably jump back in soon.

That window effect they have works quite well. It's certainly far superior to looking at a flat "window" that doesn't really have anything beyond it when you look.

I came home this evening and booted the 360 in order to download the demo, only to see that my wireless adapter had died, apparently as the result of a power outage this afternoon. :cry:

After a little troubleshooting, I switched to Ethernet and proceeded to download the demo, while calling MS support (they know me well after two dead 360s), who will nicely ship me a new WiFi adapter within days.

Download took a couple of hours to complete, but what a blast ! I was having some troubles with the aiming system at first, but it ended up feeling pretty good. Jumping is extremely fun, as is super-strength. Very, very cool game, I can't wait for the final version.

Having a blast with the Crackdown demo. I tried to make it to the top of the Agency Tower, but got stuck just before the top. This was with 3 stars on my Agility. I guess you need max Agilty to make it all the way to the top. Still the view from where I got to, was amazing, even with that clear blue barrier in most of the way. I leveled up my Firearms, and was able to lock-on to a cars gas tank and shootout individual tires. I was also able to target a certain part of an enemies body. I shot ones hand and it made him drop his weapon, then he ran off. :LOL:

Played through some more. Excellent stuff. I focused on the agility orbs, and got a 4 star rating, and made it up to the top of the Agency tower. In the words of some hilarious kid, "automatically amazing."

I subsequently tried to jump off into the water; unfortunately, this was a single-chance opportunity. Therefore, I got caught on the rail of the topmost tower, and thus did not get the kind of speed away from the building that I could have asked for. To say the least, I saw exactly where I was going to land, and I saw it from a wide array of distances, right up until my body splattered on the grass. I bouced high enough to land a good distance out into the water, though. What a spectacular moment. :D

I also spent some time messing with explosives (the sticky bombs are hilarious, so long as you look at the controls to find out how to detonate them), and sniping is much more entertaining when zooming in with the RB and not using the targetting function. I was pretty certain I would buy the game before, but really, I can't say enough good things about this game so far.

On the tech side, that window technique they use could have used a couple more ceiling/floor textures. From what I saw, they all looked the same. Perhaps I didn't look hard enough, though.

I still haven't really done much driving yet, but it's also pretty entertaining.

Yeah, I was dissapointed all the window textures were the same, but as long as you aren't focusing on the windows the implementation of the effect is quite cool.

That window effect they have works quite well. It's certainly far superior to looking at a flat "window" that doesn't really have anything beyond it when you look.

Anyone got some screenshots or videos of this? :smile:

It is. This is a demo download, which is free.

Though it would be nice if subscribers got more bandwidth, since they are shelling out a good chunk of change.

Priority to paying members would be nice.

Very cool game. I didn't think I'd like it but just having played the demo, I was downright pissed when it ended at 1 hr :(

The dynamics of having an open ended character, you can build him up however you feel fit and adaptive gameplay, in which taking out certain factions of the crime world results in a different game from that point on, pretty much give it more possibilites than you'll have time to try out.

This game is hard to explain but once you get playing, an hour passes like 10mins. I can see where they got the "crack" part. This one will be hard to put down once I get it.

I will be getting it when it comes out. Loved the demo. My wife refered to it as a war zone game. Did anyone try any of the roof top races? I tried one, it was hard.

Wow what a cool game this is, very slick and well done, they really pull off that secret agency feel. As soon as I got my first agility star it made just a huge difference, I ended up getting up to 3 stars, and the feeling of just being able to leap 100ft through the air, from one rooftop to the other was fun as hell.

At one point I went after one of the gang leaders, and since my agility was so high I just scaled the outside of the building, jumping 2 stories at a time, was at the top in a matter of seconds, but got gunned down by the 30 bad guys on the roof.

Nice how there's absolutely no punishment for dying, takes alot of the frustration out. The shooting system is pretty cool, I found headshots the most effective, essentially you use LEft Trigger to lock on, then do a quick flick Up with the right thumbstick, this targets the head, then you have to wait 2 or 3 seconds until the targeting circle has shrunk to the size of his head, then pop, one shot head shot. The amount of time it takes for the targeting circle to shrink depends on your firearms skill, and you can do headshots from 100 or 200ft away fairly consistently.

The only thing that bothered me about the gfx was some slight tearing, and the aliasing, 4xAA really would've completed the cartoon feel of the environment.

I will have to add that this game is very entertaining.

Agreed on the note that 1 hour comes around to fast. Everyone has pretty much touched base on a lot of the core fun elements.

I still haven't gotten tired of taking out peoples tires. When someone shot my tire out for the first time, and my car went careening just like it did about 2 years ago when I blew a tire out at 65 miles an hour, it got a good laugh out of me.

I would like to check out the multiplayer co-op? Anyone check that out yet. To bad you can't invite a friend in the demo.

scooby - Thanks for the head shot aiming. That was news to me. And on that note, I wonder how many more advanced moves you get like this as your levels increase? Interesting.

I will have to add that this game is very entertaining.

Agreed on the note that 1 hour comes around to fast. Everyone has pretty much touched base on a lot of the core fun elements.

I still haven't gotten tired of taking out peoples tires. When someone shot my tire out for the first time, and my car went careening just like it did about 2 years ago when I blew a tire out at 65 miles an hour, it got a good laugh out of me.

I would like to check out the multiplayer co-op? Anyone check that out yet. To bad you can't invite a friend in the demo.

scooby - Thanks for the head shot aiming. That was news to me. And on that note, I wonder how many more advanced moves you get like this as your levels increase? Interesting.

Ya the hour comes up quick, though I like how they're not stingy with the timer. They suspend the timer any time you access the menu, maps, or basically anytime you're not actually playing, they also give you 30minute and 5minute warnings which are so much nicer than just having it end, then they top it off with a nice trailer at the end. Very well done demo.

I'm gonna check out the online co-op today hopefully, apparently the way you have to do it in the demo since invite is disabled, is to host a public game, and then have a friend search for it.

Back