New Crackdown Screens

The main character is my only beef in regards to graphics; I have not played the game, but the uber jumping and gameplay that seems to be "stand there and just fire" seems a little shallow, but the videos are all from easy level and such. Hopefully the real game offers some strategy and challenge.

The main character is actually the highlight to me, when I imagine seeing that character model in motion it's like watching a cartoon.

I've been reading some impressions, and one guy tried to topple one of the main generals right away, he said the game gave him a 10-15% chance of success and that it was damn hard, though he finally did it. So it seems the challenge is there, but depending on how you want to go about it you can take it the easy way(long) or the hard way(short).

I also think this game is extraordinarily ugly in terms of art style. It's not pleasant to look at really (although, honestly, I think they've toned it down a bit over the months and it looks better than before)... but, I'm quite excited for the demo -- I want to see for myself how this game is... I'm kind of interested in the rpg-ish agility upgrades and such and being able to jump around on buildings, but I'm also a bit wary of it.

~6 more days til the demo?

Ugly as hell??

http://www.gfdata.de/archiv12-2006-gamefront/Crackdown_0108.jpg
http://www.gfdata.de/archiv12-2006-gamefront/Crackdown_0109.jpg
(paste in a new browser window)

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/773/773714/img_4159022.html
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/773/773714/img_4159024.html

The main character does stand out, but the world look pretty nice to my eyes. Draw distance is huge! Every surface is normal mapped with nice varied textures, and no aliasing at all. Unlike GTA this game will be nice and easy on the eyes.

Yeah! I think it's wonky looking! But I kinda like it. It's like a e36 MCoupe. It's a kinda nasty looking, incongruent thing but it has character and I'm drawn to it.

And downloading slower than molasses!

(I'm at 8% after literally 2 hours and change. Going at a small fraction of my download speed is not appreciated! :D )

I dl the Rainbow 6 demo a couple days ago..same deal, slower than heck. And that is an old demo...

Live is just slow...get on it ms!

I dl the Rainbow 6 demo a couple days ago..same deal, slower than heck. And that is an old demo...

Live is just slow...get on it ms!

They really do need to. Heck, I downloaded an entire season from their video marketplace and on average it was going at about 4Mbps. That's a little over half my rated speed from Cox. The slowest was 2, and for a couple my average was actually closer to 5.

I cancelled and deleted the Crackdown download, started it up again and managed to get about 16% of it relatively quickly (well, 10MB a minute isn't super fast, but it's much better than before)... but now it's slower than heck again. Their servers are probably going to explode into flames when the Halo 3 beta comes out.

Edit: I'm not sure of what exactly is going on, actually. I'm starting to think that the percentage isn't being calculated properly, so when you cancel a download and "delete" the partial data, and then start it up again it merely lets the 360 go through the file marked as deletable, and recalculates the percentage.

I really wish MS would add some more info regarding the connection somewhere where I can see it. I'd like to see current download rate, upload rate, ping, etc. But, of course, I can see plenty of reasons they wouldn't and won't... I just don't like them.

Last edited by a moderator:
The demo is on marketplace right now! it's not coming in extremely fast, I guess a lot of people are downloading it.

Played it for while, its alot of fun gaining strenght and agility, and just leap around buildings, or throwing\kicking cars around =)

Played it for a while, very nice. Definitely the best-looking sandbox game so far (ugh, Just Cause...). The view distance is huge. The "building interiors hinted at behind windows" effect described in another thread here is very nice and I'm sure it will be massively adopted; not sure if I would have noticed it if I hadn't read about it, though :)

It took me 25 minutes to download the demo.

Man this game is a blast to play, jumping around and finding agility orbs is awesome and the combat is a lot of fun too. I'm gonna buy this game for sure, and hope they make a sequel. I can thik of lots of idea they could add to the game. Man this is fun!

Back